Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2017, 01:35 PM   #381

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Got our couch coat yesterday, washed it and put it on today. Thanks to Dino for the info! Should be more comfortable than the sticky pleather come summer time.

Attachment 3806
You are very welcome my friend. For additional stability of your couch coat go ahead and place the extra coat (if you got the 2 for one package) on the couch...it stops the slipping and sliding.

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 01:42 PM   #382

THOR #2757
Quote:
Halfprice (Jerry), Dino, and I all have essentially the same model, a 29M, and I think I can speak for all of us and say we love them. So far Jerry is in the lead with the most mods, Dino is running a close second!

The 29M is very roomy for its size, drives nice, and is very comfortable. We traded down from a Tuscany due to storage problems after our move to Texas and we were concerned about losing all the room we had before. After a couple of trips we decided the 29M had plenty of room for us and couldn't be happier!!!

We have the 50 amp option, dual AC (which we need for Texas summer), power drivers seat, pretty much all the options, Dino and Jerry's coachs are the same.
SD...you and I have the same model, Halfprice has the Hurricane w/o the paint and 50Amp option

Old 01-29-2017, 01:47 PM   #383

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
SD...you and I have the same model, Halfprice has the Hurricane w/o the paint and 50Amp option

My mistake, thought Jerry had the 50 amp on his coach also.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:49 PM   #384

Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #5326
Quote:
Sweet setup! How about a link to the items you used?

Dino here are the links, the tray for the pans I made out of a small piece of plywood painted and attached the basket, purchased the runners at local Home Depot, the basket is an odd shape as I needed to get around my sink drain, The trash can came with the complete set up

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0563.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	3811  

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:00 PM   #385

THOR #5196
Dino, due to the cabinet shape and drain location under our sink I'm not sure the sliding waste basket would fit. Lowes and Home Depot both carry the sliding wastebasket, get the measurements from one of the boxes first to make sure it will fit. They also carry a big selection of the wire baskets but I would measure that first too. Not much room under our sinks to do very much.
Old 01-29-2017, 03:32 PM   #386
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Windsport

Quote:
Halfprice (Jerry), Dino, and I all have essentially the same model, a 29M, and I think I can speak for all of us and say we love them. So far Jerry is in the lead with the most mods, Dino is running a close second!

The 29M is very roomy for its size, drives nice, and is very comfortable. We traded down from a Tuscany due to storage problems after our move to Texas and we were concerned about losing all the room we had before. After a couple of trips we decided the 29M had plenty of room for us and couldn't be happier!!!

We have the 50 amp option, dual AC (which we need for Texas summer), power drivers seat, pretty much all the options, Dino and Jerry's coachs are the same.
Thanks guys,

That's the model we are looking I was just a little concerned about a full wall slide having issues. They said that has been corrected with the 3 track system and bigger motors. The 29M is essentially only 3' longer than my Vegas but seems to be a huge difference inside. Seems like the only hurdle now is hammering out the price with the dealer. Additionally we love our Vegas and I did so many upgrades in 6 months I know I will be taking a beating but the dw wants something bigger.
Kev
Old 01-29-2017, 04:26 PM   #387

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Quote:
We had a central vac installed in a bay of our Tuscany. Used the vac several times before I decided to empty the bag, only, no bag in the vac!!! Dust and dirt everywhere in the bay, learned another lesson about always checking and not assuming. Seems like I can never learn that lesson for some reason!
Trust but VERIFY!!!!!!!!!
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:33 PM   #388

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:

Yes I only have 30 amp and one a/c. The a/c will be put to the test this year so if we need another one I'll add it to the bedroom ceiling. Was going to do it before this summer but Maria said to wait to see if the one a/c can do the job. I'll do the install myself and a new a/c unit runs a round $700.

And SD I think Dino has the lead in mods. I'm just coping him and trying to keep up.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 06:23 PM   #389

Model: Hurricane 29D
THOR #5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbenny View Post
Dino here are the links, the tray for the pans I made out of a small piece of plywood painted and attached the basket, purchased the runners at local Home Depot, the basket is an odd shape as I needed to get around my sink drain, The trash can came with the complete set up

You guys are lucky that you can do this! I have three drawers under the think, and no doors at all in the lower cabinets, because I have the oven, and underneath the oven is the furnace return air intake. My kitchen area has a corner setup, and a gigantic empty space in the corner that I cannot utilize at all, because I cannot access this space.|I would appreciate it a lot, if somebody here has an idea, how I could utilize this fast emptiness (almost 2.5 by 2.5 feet)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Hurricane 29D.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	3812  
Old 01-29-2017, 06:28 PM   #390

Model: Hurricane 29D
THOR #5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Yes I only have 30 amp and one a/c. The a/c will be put to the test this year so if we need another one I'll add it to the bedroom ceiling. Was going to do it before this summer but Maria said to wait to see if the one a/c can do the job. I'll do the install myself and a new a/c unit runs a round $700.

And SD I think Dino has the lead in mods. I'm just coping him and trying to keep up.

Jerry
I installed a ceiling fan in the bedroom, and found it does a pretty good job in keeping me comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160817_123645.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	3813  
Old 01-29-2017, 07:17 PM   #391

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Thanks guys,

That's the model we are looking I was just a little concerned about a full wall slide having issues. They said that has been corrected with the 3 track system and bigger motors. The 29M is essentially only 3' longer than my Vegas but seems to be a huge difference inside. Seems like the only hurdle now is hammering out the price with the dealer. Additionally we love our Vegas and I did so many upgrades in 6 months I know I will be taking a beating but the dw wants something bigger.
Kev
I understand what you are going through Kev but you cannot go wrong with the 29M!!! Good luck buddy!

Old 01-29-2017, 07:19 PM   #392

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post

Jerry
I have another Mod I just finished and will post pictures in a bit guys!

Old 01-29-2017, 07:24 PM   #393

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudsoner View Post
You guys are lucky that you can do this! I have three drawers under the think, and no doors at all in the lower cabinets, because I have the oven, and underneath the oven is the furnace return air intake. My kitchen area has a corner setup, and a gigantic empty space in the corner that I cannot utilize at all, because I cannot access this space.|I would appreciate it a lot, if somebody here has an idea, how I could utilize this fast emptiness (almost 2.5 by 2.5 feet)
Without looking to see how everything is arranged, this is just an idea. Could you fit a revolving lazy susan in that area, if so could you maybe access it from under the sink? Might not be convenient, but might work.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:35 PM   #394

THOR #2757
Quote:
Dino, due to the cabinet shape and drain location under our sink I'm not sure the sliding waste basket would fit. Lowes and Home Depot both carry the sliding wastebasket, get the measurements from one of the boxes first to make sure it will fit. They also carry a big selection of the wire baskets but I would measure that first too. Not much room under our sinks to do very much.
Roger that SD but you have to admit, it looks nice!

Old 01-29-2017, 07:37 PM   #395

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudsoner View Post
I installed a ceiling fan in the bedroom, and found it does a pretty good job in keeping me comfortable.
Nice job!

Old 01-29-2017, 07:38 PM   #396

THOR #5196
Quote:
Roger that SD but you have to admit, it looks nice!

I certainly agree, it does look nice!
Old 01-29-2017, 07:54 PM   #397

THOR #2757
Day/Night Shades in My 29M

Another Mod bites the dust my friends. I got real tired of those nasty curtains in the cockpit so I gave it some thought and this is what I came up with. since the overhead bunk posed a problem with the shades covering the entire side window, I covered as much as I could and used Reflectix for the rest. When not in use, I place the Reflectix cutouts on the mattress in the overhead bunk...The first pic shows the solar shade, the second shows the night shade and the third shows the nightshade with the Reflectix insert!

What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Shade (1).jpg
Views:	276
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	3814   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shade (2).jpg
Views:	247
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	3815  

Name:	Shade (3).jpg
Views:	251
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	3816  

Old 01-29-2017, 08:29 PM   #398

THOR #5196
Looks good Dino!!!

And you are right about the curtains, a PIA!!!
Old 01-29-2017, 08:59 PM   #399

THOR #2757
Quote:
Looks good Dino!!!

And you are right about the curtains, a PIA!!!
Thanks buddy!

Old 01-29-2017, 10:11 PM   #400
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn62 View Post
Kev

We up graded from a 29 foot class C to a Windsport 35M. We love the new floor plan. Has 1 1/2 baths. U can travel with guests and still have privacy. Great storage bays. Well lit and full width storage. Did the CHP. It handles great. Passing trucks and buses don't bother it.

Shawn
Great thanks for the response.

Kev