Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2017, 02:07 AM   #861

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Forgot to add this. When we left for our trip I decided to take a small detour and get the mh weighted again. Last time I was light on gear. So we went to the scales and only got axel weights. We are pulling the jeep so I could not get each tire weight separately. Heres the weights:

Front-6300
Rear-10900
Jeep-4520
Total w/Jeep- 21720

My water tank was lower than what I like to drive with. So I would add maybe 100lbs to the front.

I was just below 3/4 on gas so I would add about 200lbs to the rear.

I think I'm good with the weight distribution and within spec of the rig.

Jerry

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:27 AM   #862

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
don't leave home without these

Basic supply, not realy a mod, but you will need all these as you goThe square driver tool is a number#2 Husky, you will need it to keep your Thor rig together. The other stuff yes, when your dash falls apart on the road you can glue it back together, goirilla glue is a must, the tape come in handy also. Mine is held together by toothpicks, paper towels and this glue.
The voltmeter for battery drains, testing AMp draws,..
Old 04-03-2017, 05:12 AM   #863

Model: Hurricane 29D
State: Florida
THOR #5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Now with the rear trac bar installed I don't even notice the semi when it pulls along side of me, but as it get even to the front end it still pushing me to the right. I guess the stock Ford front trac bar isn't as good as the one I installed.

The push to the right isn't as bad as it was prior to the install. It one hand driving now.

Jerry
This problem went away with my unit after I did the CHF and installed Sumo Maxim springs i the front. Now I don't feel semis anymore and just know that they pass when I hear them and see them through side window.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:19 PM   #864

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Couple of things to report.

1st: Driving home from Vegas went well. I did notice the a/c was kept at a higher level because we removed the curtains. Not a problem but it was noticeable.

2nd: REAR TRAC BAR report: Its a great improvement. Before trac bar the rear of the mh would get pushed to the right causing the front to move to the left. This happened as soon as the semi got even with the rear of the mh. Then as the semi got even with the front of the mh it would push me to the right.

Both situations caused me to do a major steering correction.

Now with the rear trac bar installed I don't even notice the semi when it pulls along side of me, but as it get even to the front end it still pushing me to the right. I guess the stock Ford front trac bar isn't as good as the one I installed.

The push to the right isn't as bad as it was prior to the install. It one hand driving now.

The rear trac bar works so well that several times I didn't even know a semi was passing me until it got right next to me.

We also had a lot of strong winds driving home. Thankfully not the 50+mph we had while parked at the campsite. The wind moved us a little but still a one hand drive.

Overall I'm extremely happy with the trac bar.

I'll post a trip report here sometime tomorrow. Kind of tired after the 5+ hour drive home. Several road closures and Sunday afternoon Vegas traffic. Good thing is we already cleaned out the mh. Only thing left to do is refuel and laundry: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f5/...-29m-5002.html

Jerry
Good after action report...welcome back home!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:01 PM   #865

State: Colorado
THOR #6613
Quote:
Come to So Cal and I'll do it for you

Jerry
That's very nice!

Yeah, so long as we are in this state alone, we're super limited as far mods go! I put the digital thermostat in my Amazon cart but still debating whether or not, we'll attempt it.

Our normal mods involve 3m tape and nothing more

Glad your trip to Vegas went well. We went in May and stayed at Sam's town KOA. Had a great time!
Old 04-03-2017, 06:14 PM   #866

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Don, just so you know, the factory is backlogged with orders, guess Snap Pads have become very popular! The factory has started a second shift to help catch up but still took two weeks to get my pads. I believe it was worth the wait!

Jerry, Dino said his fit just fine, guess you got the oddball! Lol. Hope mine fit, will soon see.
When we went camping several weekends ago we got a good test at the campground site since it was slightly uneven and mostly dirt. The Pads worked well and did not pop off. I am a happy camper!!

Old 04-04-2017, 12:29 AM   #867

THOR #3156
So my tpms stopped working on our vegas trip. First trip after adding the booster and sensors to the jeep. It read all 10 sensors prior to the trip and when the booster was off. I alway check the monitor abour once an hour. It kept the cold reading and never changed. At the cg i removed each one and it reset. Did the same coming home. At home i turned the booster off and it now read all the sensors properly. Seems the booster is blocking the singal instead of increasing it

I call tire minder and explained what was going on. The main unit is probably 6 years old. The service manager asked me to mail everything to him. He said he would do a service/diagnostic on it for free. Normally there is a charge
Hopefully he can figure it out. I just bought 6 new sensons and ghe booster. Dont want to buy anything else

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 04-04-2017, 12:38 AM   #868

Brand: Keystone
Model: Alpine 3401RS
THOR #6288
I hope your funds for future mod's is running out. I can't keep up with my to do list.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:45 AM   #869

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Jerry, I would say that's excellent customer service, don't find that to often!
Old 04-04-2017, 12:53 AM   #870

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighMobious View Post
I hope your funds for future mod's is running out. I can't keep up with my to do list.

Haha It might be. I retire this Thursday. Going to have to watch the spending until I figure out my new finances. But I would guess I'll still be buying and fixing stuff

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 04-04-2017, 12:54 AM   #871

THOR #3156
Quote:
Jerry, I would say that's excellent customer service, don't find that to often!

I will agree if they fix it and get it back to me before my Kern River trip. Cost $7 for two day mail. I'm hoping I don't need a new monitor.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 04-04-2017, 12:59 AM   #872

THOR #5196
Quote:
Haha It might be. I retire this Thursday. Going to have to watch the spending until I figure out my new finances. But I would guess I'll still be buying and fixing stuff

Jerry
Good for you! I'm right behind you, May 31st, I can hardly wait! I'll finally have time for all the projects I love to do!
Old 04-04-2017, 01:24 AM   #873

Model: Four Winds 22B
THOR #5326
Quote:

Jerry
Great news Jerry we just retired this past August we travel a minimum of 2 weeks a month really enjoy it

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:25 AM   #874

THOR #5326
Quote:
Good for you! I'm right behind you, May 31st, I can hardly wait! I'll finally have time for all the projects I love to do!
Time to enjoy all the hard work over the years I have never been so busy since I retired

Four Winds 22B
Windsport 27K
Old 04-04-2017, 01:55 AM   #875

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbenny View Post
Great news Jerry we just retired this past August we travel a minimum of 2 weeks a month really enjoy it
We have several trips already planned.
Leaving in two weeks for a cabo cruise.

In May we are going to the Kern River. Dave, Sundance, and his wife are meeting us up there in their mh.

July I'll be doing a four day Alaska fishing trip.

August is a two week bay trip. Monterey Bay, Bodega Bay, and Morro Bay

SOme of this may have to be canceled I need to have three vertebrae in my neck fused. Just waiting for the approval which could take several months. I'm hoping for after the Alaska trip.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 04-04-2017, 02:06 AM   #876

THOR #5196
Our youngest daughter and her husband are in the Air Force stationed in Ramstein, Germany, expecting there first baby May 2nd. We leave for Germany April 28th for two weeks, ahhh, beer and brauts!!! And a new grandson!!! Come back, work two weeks, then put a fork in me, I'm done!

Jerry, sorry to hear about needing a fusion, know it's painful, wish you the best!!! You'll feel a LOT better after surgery!!!
Old 04-04-2017, 04:15 AM   #877

Model: Hurricane 29D
THOR #5756
Quote:
You guys will like the retirement. It is now 12 years ago that I made this decision! I enjoyed every day of it!
Old 04-04-2017, 11:04 AM   #878

THOR #5326
Quote:
We have several trips already planned.
Leaving in two weeks for a cabo cruise.

In May we are going to the Kern River. Dave, Sundance, and his wife are meeting us up there in their mh.

July I'll be doing a four day Alaska fishing trip.

August is a two week bay trip. Monterey Bay, Bodega Bay, and Morro Bay

SOme of this may have to be canceled I need to have three vertebrae in my neck fused. Just waiting for the approval which could take several months. I'm hoping for after the Alaska trip.

Jerry
Awesome enjoy. good luck on surgery had my lower back fused about 12 years ago after a car accident, best thing I ever did. The only advice I can give is listen to doctor and physical therapist don't over do it when feeling better and enjoy everyday after retirement

Four Winds 22B
Windsport 27K
Old 04-04-2017, 07:30 PM   #879

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Arkansas
THOR #3744
AC Mod

I had a 2016 Axis that had the same Coleman/Mach AC unit as our new Hurricane only it was a 15k unit as opposed to two 13.5k units we have now. The way the duct work is molded into the ceiling and the sliding vents on the ends of the ceiling assembly don't allow enough air flow. If you take the ceiling assembly off, the AC unit will almost knock you down with the amount of air it moves with the assembly removed. On a hot day, the AC just can't seem to move enough air to keep the unit cool, but if you remove the ceiling assembly, it will practically freeze you out. So my mod was to install this rotating register that you can open and close as needed. $14.71 on Amazon. These help the AC move a lot more air as it installed right where the fan is producing the most downward force.

Just search Amazon for JR Products ACG25DPW-A Polar White Adjustable Ceiling Vent.

Vince
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0968.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	4442  
Old 04-05-2017, 02:34 AM   #880

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceAndPam View Post
I had a 2016 Axis that had the same Coleman/Mach AC unit as our new Hurricane only it was a 15k unit as opposed to two 13.5k units we have now. The way the duct work is molded into the ceiling and the sliding vents on the ends of the ceiling assembly don't allow enough air flow. If you take the ceiling assembly off, the AC unit will almost knock you down with the amount of air it moves with the assembly removed. On a hot day, the AC just can't seem to move enough air to keep the unit cool, but if you remove the ceiling assembly, it will practically freeze you out. So my mod was to install this rotating register that you can open and close as needed. $14.71 on Amazon. These help the AC move a lot more air as it installed right where the fan is producing the most downward force.

Just search Amazon for JR Products ACG25DPW-A Polar White Adjustable Ceiling Vent.

Vince
Nice job Vince!