Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2017, 09:49 PM   #961

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Got the a/c vent cover from amazon this morning. Planned on doing the install next week after we return home from our 5 day cabo cruise. Since it arrived early this morning i decided to do it now. Took about 30 minutes start to finish. Thankfully i found my jigsaw that i didnt know i had. Found it while looking for something to cut the hole. Heres a few pics. Hopefully they will help if you plan to do this mod. And yes its worth doing. Much more air comes out.

JerryClick image for larger version

Name:	20170414_101228.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	4582Click image for larger version

Name:	20170414_101821.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	4583Click image for larger version

Name:	20170414_103355.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	4584Click image for larger version

Name:	20170414_105547.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	4585Click image for larger version

Name:	20170414_105552.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	4586Click image for larger version

Name:	20170414_110441.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	4587

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:59 PM   #962

THOR #3156
Decided to keep working on the mh after doing the vent. I wanted to add a hose on to the battery flow rite watering system The hose will be at the end of the system. When water comes out i know all cells are full. The last cells didnt fill the last couple times i filled them. This was the cause of my low battery voltage.

I pulled the last cell plug off the battery to add the new hose and found one of the floats had broken off. Its not in the cell. So that means in floating somewhere in the battery. Great!!!! Tired calling flow rite but they were closed for Good Friday. Ill call when i get home from my cruise.

The pic shows the hose attached and broken off float.

Jerry

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170414_111500.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	4588
FMCA # F464385
Old 04-14-2017, 10:06 PM   #963

THOR #3156
Last thing for today. I know i get verbos with my posts but i try to be detailed in hope of helping everyone out.

So i have a hard time turning the captain chair around to view the livingroom. The arm rest hits the steering wheel and i have to push it through.

So i did some research and found out the arm rest are removable. To do this all you have to do is raise the armrest up, push in where the armrest rotates, then continue to rotate the arm until it faces the opposite way. Then oull it off. To reinstall, put it back on the same way it came out. No need to push on it. It will reallign itself.

JerryClick image for larger version

Name:	20170414_110559.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	4589Click image for larger version

Name:	20170414_110607.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	4590
FMCA # F464385
Old 04-14-2017, 10:08 PM   #964

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Got the a/c vent cover from amazon this morning. Planned on doing the install next week after we return home from our 5 day cabo cruise. Since it arrived early this morning i decided to do it now. Took about 30 minutes start to finish. Thankfully i found my jigsaw that i didnt know i had. Found it while looking for something to cut the hole. Heres a few pics. Hopefully they will help if you plan to do this mod. And yes its worth doing. Much more air comes out.

JerryAttachment 4582Attachment 4583Attachment 4584Attachment 4585Attachment 4586Attachment 4587
Well done Jerry!! Sorry I missed your call earlier, Angie and I were at the movies!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:10 PM   #965

THOR #2757
Quote:
Decided to keep working on the mh after doing the vent. I wanted to add a hose on to the battery flow rite watering system The hose will be at the end of the system. When water comes out i know all cells are full. The last cells didnt fill the last couple times i filled them. This was the cause of my low battery voltage.

I pulled the last cell plug off the battery to add the new hose and found one of the floats had broken off. Its not in the cell. So that means in floating somewhere in the battery. Great!!!! Tired calling flow rite but they were closed for Good Friday. Ill call when i get home from my cruise.

The pic shows the hose attached and broken off float.

Jerry

Attachment 4588

Old 04-14-2017, 10:11 PM   #966

THOR #2757
Quote:
Last thing for today. I know i get verbos with my posts but i try to be detailed in hope of helping everyone out.

So i have a hard time turning the captain chair around to view the livingroom. The arm rest hits the steering wheel and i have to push it through.

So i did some research and found out the arm rest are removable. To do this all you have to do is raise the armrest up, push in where the armrest rotates, then continue to rotate the arm until it faces the opposite way. Then oull it off. To reinstall, put it back on the same way it came out. No need to push on it. It will reallign itself.

JerryAttachment 4589Attachment 4590

Old 04-14-2017, 10:47 PM   #967

Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #5326
Quote:

JerryAttachment 4589Attachment 4590
Enjoy your time on the cruise we leave on ours May 6th

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:34 PM   #968

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Well done Jerry!! Sorry I missed your call earlier, Angie and I were at the movies!!

I saw on facebook that you went to the movies. What do you see??
FMCA # F464385
Old 04-14-2017, 11:39 PM   #969

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbenny View Post
Enjoy your time on the cruise we leave on ours May 6th
Don,
Where are you and liz going on your cruise????

Maria and i have been on 7 big cruises over the years. This one is 5 days only. Straight shot to cabo then back home. I plan to sit on my butt for 5 days. Eating and sitting by the pool. I alway hope the swim suit models will be on my boat but it never happens. We are not even getting off the boat at cabo.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 04-14-2017, 11:52 PM   #970

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
I know you aren't go to believe this one! I used to go to Cozumel 3-4 times a year for scuba diving. Occasionally we would go over to Playa del Carmen to go bar hopping down the beach. There were three of us guys walking down the beach one day and came up on a swimsuit photo shoot. Needless to say we stopped to gawk and admire. Some big shot noticed us and asked several questions about our opinions of the models, suits, and poses, interesting conversation. Later we were asked to join everyone for dinner on the beach, their treat!!! When I think back on it now I still only have one word, WOW!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2017, 12:09 AM   #971

THOR #5326
Quote:
Don,
Where are you and liz going on your cruise????

Maria and i have been on 7 big cruises over the years. This one is 5 days only. Straight shot to cabo then back home. I plan to sit on my butt for 5 days. Eating and sitting by the pool. I alway hope the swim suit models will be on my boat but it never happens. We are not even getting off the boat at cabo.

Jerry
This is our 18th cruise going 8 days Aruba.Boniar. Cacos. For our retirement last fall we did a 2 week transatlantic flew to Spain week cruise to 4 ports and over Atlantic to Ft Lauderdale. We booked another transliantic next April out of Miami across Atlantic to Ireland for 5 ports and fly home. We love to cruise as no cell phone or email from work and us too sit at The pool and relax

Four Winds 22B
Windsport 27K
Old 04-15-2017, 12:10 AM   #972

THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
I know you aren't go to believe this one! I used to go to Cozumel 3-4 times a year for scuba diving. Occasionally we would go over to Playa del Carmen to go bar hopping down the beach. There were three of us guys walking down the beach one day and came up on a swimsuit photo shoot. Needless to say we stopped to gawk and admire. Some big shot noticed us and asked several questions about our opinions of the models, suits, and poses, interesting conversation. Later we were asked to join everyone for dinner on the beach, their treat!!! When I think back on it now I still only have one word, WOW!!!!!!

Four Winds 22B
Windsport 27K
Old 04-15-2017, 12:57 AM   #973

Model: Ace 29.2
State: Georgia
THOR #6481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Thanks for the info was initially looking at the Ace but too many bad reviews. Windsport/hurricane seems to get much better reviews and its on a better chassis.

Kev

There on the same chassis just different gvw.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:12 AM   #974

Model: Ace 29.2
State: Georgia
THOR #6481
Quote:
Couple of things to report.

1st: Driving home from Vegas went well. I did notice the a/c was kept at a higher level because we removed the curtains. Not a problem but it was noticeable.

2nd: REAR TRAC BAR report: Its a great improvement. Before trac bar the rear of the mh would get pushed to the right causing the front to move to the left. This happened as soon as the semi got even with the rear of the mh. Then as the semi got even with the front of the mh it would push me to the right.

Both situations caused me to do a major steering correction.

Now with the rear trac bar installed I don't even notice the semi when it pulls along side of me, but as it get even to the front end it still pushing me to the right. I guess the stock Ford front trac bar isn't as good as the one I installed.

The push to the right isn't as bad as it was prior to the install. It one hand driving now.

The rear trac bar works so well that several times I didn't even know a semi was passing me until it got right next to me.

We also had a lot of strong winds driving home. Thankfully not the 50+mph we had while parked at the campsite. The wind moved us a little but still a one hand drive.

Overall I'm extremely happy with the trac bar.

I'll post a trip report here sometime tomorrow. Kind of tired after the 5+ hour drive home. Several road closures and Sunday afternoon Vegas traffic. Good thing is we already cleaned out the mh. Only thing left to do is refuel and laundry: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f5/...-29m-5002.html

Jerry

Do you have a steering stabilizer on the front like safe-t-plus
Old 04-15-2017, 11:48 AM   #975

THOR #5196
Jerry, great job and photos! Think I got this figured out now, let you and Dino do the mods first, post pictures, will make it easier when I do mine!!! LOL!

Getting the float out of the battery could be a challenge, if you can even get to it. Being plastic I don't think it would actually hurt anything. I would think the manufacturer would build so that can't happen.

Hope you have a Great and relaxing time on your cruise!!!
Old 04-15-2017, 12:09 PM   #976

THOR #5196
I received my vents fo the AC yesterday, may be a while before I can install since the coach is going in for some warranty work today. Got to wondering, if one is good would two be better? Granted the second vent wouldn't be directly under the fan, but I'm thinking there would be enough airflow and pressure to allow two vents to blow in opposite directions and provide better air distribution. Something to think about when I get the coach back and have time to study the layout better.

Wish everyone a Happy Easter tomorrow!
Old 04-15-2017, 04:22 PM   #977

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
I received my vents fo the AC yesterday, may be a while before I can install since the coach is going in for some warranty work today. Got to wondering, if one is good would two be better? Granted the second vent wouldn't be directly under the fan, but I'm thinking there would be enough airflow and pressure to allow two vents to blow in opposite directions and provide better air distribution. Something to think about when I get the coach back and have time to study the layout better.

Wish everyone a Happy Easter tomorrow!
Dave,
I dont think two would help. The two side vents still work fine with the new one open.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 04-15-2017, 04:24 PM   #978

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by churd9 View Post
Do you have a steering stabilizer on the front like safe-t-plus
Yes i have the safe t plus
FMCA # F464385
Old 04-15-2017, 06:58 PM   #979

THOR #5196
Just got back from taking coach to MSHRV for some warranty work. Good thing I'm not in a hurry to get it back, it's going to be 4-5 weeks! Service manager was super nice, explained they would have to get authorization from Thor, then order any parts needed, which I understand. We aren't taking any trips soon, leaving for Germany in two weeks, be gone for two weeks, get back late Saturday, then back to work Monday, 5 weeks before I could even think about picking the coach up.

Jerry did you install your Safe-T-Plus yourself or have it done, debating on if I want to do it myself.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:14 PM   #980

Model: Windsport. 35M
State: New York
THOR #6199
SuperD,

Would you mind telling us what kind of warranty work your coach needs? I apologize if this request is poor etiquette.

Thanks.