Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-15-2017, 10:11 AM   #1821

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Dave,
Im always on the site as long as i have my phone. Should have internet at the lodge. If i do ill post pics either gere or the travels thread
Alright, I want to see pictures of BIG fish and no "the one that got away" stories! Have a Great time!

Old 07-15-2017, 12:24 PM   #1822

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
At the airport waiting for the plane
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:32 PM   #1823

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Quote:
The travelers are $1500 at amazon and they just had a 4 hour sale for $1150. Almost bought it but i wont be able to install it at least 6 months after my surgery maybe more. So i passed on the deal.

Ill be getting dieect tv here at the house soon so thats what ill use in the coach

Jerry

That’s a great price. I still can’t justify it though, I don’t really watch enough TV to lock in a specific provider just for HD. I would do my own install as well, we already have the cable runs set up.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:37 PM   #1824

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Made it to Juneau. Checked into airport. Now its food time
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:38 PM   #1825

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Awesome!!! Enjoy a cold one for me!!!
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:55 PM   #1826

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Made it to Juneau. Checked into airport. Now its food time

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:43 PM   #1827

Model: Windsport 35C
State: Wisconsin
THOR #7920
John and Keri,

This is Franz (User id feefof). I noted you have a 2016 Windsport 35C and I do also.
Many of the posts on this forum string apply to other Thor products. Although I appreciate all of the input, some I find confusing. I'm new to the forum usage. Isn't there a way to track one another's posts in hopes of weeding out others that are not pertinent?
Kind regards,
Franz
Old 07-16-2017, 10:49 PM   #1828

Model: 2017 Windsport 34F
State: Michigan
THOR #7673
Quote:
Originally Posted by feefof View Post
John and Keri,

This is Franz (User id feefof). I noted you have a 2016 Windsport 35C and I do also.
Many of the posts on this forum string apply to other Thor products. Although I appreciate all of the input, some I find confusing. I'm new to the forum usage. Isn't there a way to track one another's posts in hopes of weeding out others that are not pertinent?
Kind regards,
Franz
'
You can click on a particular user's name and select "find more posts" by them. Many of the mods in this thread will work for most Thor Class A gas motorhomes.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:23 AM   #1829

Model: Windsport 35C
State: Wisconsin
THOR #7920
Thank you Jtroop - i'll try that also ...
Old 07-18-2017, 01:33 AM   #1830

THOR #5196
Our front roller shade when fully down had a 3/4" gap on the left side, had been a pet peeve every since I got the coach, finally got around to fixing it. There are four pairs of mounting screws for the shade, I added a pair of 3/4 inch spacers and longer screws on the far left, the next pair got 1/2" spacers, next two pairs left alone. MUCH better now!!! Good thing I have long arms, I'm to heavy to get on the dash!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2140.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	5903

Name:	IMG_2139.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	5904

Name:	IMG_2142.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	5905

First photo is left side gap, picture is sideways. Second picture is right side which was down on the dash like it is supposed to be. Third picture is a nice and level shade!!!
Old 07-18-2017, 02:39 PM   #1831

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Our front roller shade when fully down had a 3/4" gap on the left side, had been a pet peeve every since I got the coach, finally got around to fixing it. There are four pairs of mounting screws for the shade, I added a pair of 3/4 inch spacers and longer screws on the far left, the next pair got 1/2" spacers, next two pairs left alone. MUCH better now!!! Good thing I have long arms, I'm to heavy to get on the dash!

Attachment 5903

Attachment 5904

Attachment 5905

First photo is left side gap, picture is sideways. Second picture is right side which was down on the dash like it is supposed to be. Third picture is a nice and level shade!!!

Well done Dave!!

Old 07-19-2017, 02:31 PM   #1832

THOR #5196
Another morning project before it gets HOT!!! I installed Relectix in the back window of the coach. The back of the coach faces east and by 10:00 the back window is so hot you can't touch it, plus Myra wanted a darker bedroom, so installed the Reflectix in two pieces and used foil tape to hold it in place. Bedroom is really dark now and at 9:00 I couldn't feel any heat at all. (No pictures, sorry)

Second project was installing a damper vent in the the bedroom, a couple of members said it gets to hot with the heater running.

Name:	IMG_2144.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	5925

Good thing I decided to do this before running the heater. I had to remove the return air cover under the refrigerator and this is what I found.

Name:	IMG_2143.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	5926

The hose clamp for the vent hose was on the hose but not tight at all. Whoever installed this pushed the hose on the outlet but never bothered to tighten the clamp. After saying several unprintable words about the IQ of the installer (probably less than 10) I installed the hose and clamp and made sure it was tight. While I was under there I checked all the hoses and clamps, found one more loose but still on the outlet. If you have the time I suggest you pull the cover and check yours!
Old 07-19-2017, 04:02 PM   #1833

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Georgia
THOR #5927
Quote:

Good thing I decided to do this before running the heater. I had to remove the return air cover under the refrigerator and this is what I found.

Attachment 5926
I think whoever installed your heater venting also worked on my dash AC. We noticed that the passenger vent by the window wasn't putting out any air (both heat and AC). When I took off the desk, this is what I found.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	vent.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	5928  
Old 07-19-2017, 05:51 PM   #1834

Model: 2017 Thor Vegas 25.2
THOR #7993
How do you take off the desk?
Old 07-19-2017, 06:16 PM   #1835

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Georgia
THOR #5927
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1911 View Post
How do you take off the desk?
In the Axis, it is pretty easy:
  1. Flip open the desk
  2. There are 4 or 5 screws in each hinge going in to the dash. Remove those and the desk.
  3. Under the 2 "coin trays" (for lack of a better term) on the dash side of the desk insert is a screw each. Simply take the tray liner out and take out the screws.
  4. The desk insert now will come right out.

I have removed the flip out portion of the desk out of our Axis. It wasn't going to be used as a desk, and it is a good place to put the dog's bed. Jack really likes being able to see what's going on as we drive.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Jack.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	5929  
Old 07-19-2017, 07:48 PM   #1836

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSexton View Post
I think whoever installed your heater venting also worked on my dash AC. We noticed that the passenger vent by the window wasn't putting out any air (both heat and AC). When I took off the desk, this is what I found.
Another Oops!!!
Old 07-19-2017, 10:27 PM   #1837

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Arkansas
THOR #3744
2017 Ford Harmonic Balance Recall

Has anyone else received a letter from Ford about a recall to loosen and re-torque the harmonic balancer on their 2017 6.8 V10? Has anyone had the work done and how did it turn out? Just took mine into the local Ford dealership and they were none too happy to see it come in. Evidently they don't like to work on motor homes. The service manager was grouchy when I made the appointment and even grouchier when I brought it in.

Vince
Old 07-19-2017, 11:02 PM   #1838
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceAndPam View Post
Has anyone else received a letter from Ford about a recall to loosen and re-torque the harmonic balancer on their 2017 6.8 V10? Has anyone had the work done and how did it turn out? Just took mine into the local Ford dealership and they were none too happy to see it come in. Evidently they don't like to work on motor homes. The service manager was grouchy when I made the appointment and even grouchier when I brought it in.

Vince
I believe there's an entire thread on this forum regarding this recall.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:07 AM   #1839

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceAndPam View Post

Vince
Did they fix it? Sometimes a regular dealer will refer motorhomes to a Ford commercial truck center for work, they have bigger bays and heavier lifts.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:49 AM   #1840

THOR #2757
Quote:
Another morning project before it gets HOT!!! I installed Relectix in the back window of the coach. The back of the coach faces east and by 10:00 the back window is so hot you can't touch it, plus Myra wanted a darker bedroom, so installed the Reflectix in two pieces and used foil tape to hold it in place. Bedroom is really dark now and at 9:00 I couldn't feel any heat at all. (No pictures, sorry)

Second project was installing a damper vent in the the bedroom, a couple of members said it gets to hot with the heater running.

Attachment 5925

Attachment 5926

The hose clamp for the vent hose was on the hose but not tight at all. Whoever installed this pushed the hose on the outlet but never bothered to tighten the clamp. After saying several unprintable words about the IQ of the installer (probably less than 10) I installed the hose and clamp and made sure it was tight. While I was under there I checked all the hoses and clamps, found one more loose but still on the outlet. If you have the time I suggest you pull the cover and check yours!

Done and done!