Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2017, 06:16 PM   #1861

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Thor Vegas 25.2
State: Indiana
THOR #7993
We were at Office Depot yesterday and found this organizer tray. I fits perfectly on the dog house and matches the surround on the radio and controls. Stuck it on with Uglue.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:37 PM   #1862
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I did something similar but I used velcro to hold it down.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:56 PM   #1863

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1911 View Post
We were at Office Depot yesterday and found this organizer tray. I fits perfectly on the dog house and matches the surround on the radio and controls. Stuck it on with Uglue.

Great idea, I've been toying with different ideas and I like this one!!! Heading to Office Depot tomorrow!
Old 07-24-2017, 10:42 PM   #1864

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #8338
I am considering purchasing a 29M but prefer storage instead of the outside kitchen. Does anyone know how easy it would be to remove the outside refrigerator, sink and drawers?
Old 07-24-2017, 10:54 PM   #1865

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Fridge is very simple to remove. Remove 2 screws holding a front bracket and it comes right out.

Cabinet also but there is electrical there that will need to be moved. Water lines will need to be plugged. They are all accessible so probably not difficult to do.

If you do it please post pics.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:00 PM   #1866

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Fridge is very simple to remove. Remove 2 screws holding a front bracket and it comes right out.

Cabinet also but there is electrical there that will need to be moved. Water lines will need to be plugged. They are all accessible so probably not difficult to do.

If you do it please post pics.

Jerry
How was the concert? Forgot to add my mother dated Garths dad in High School for a while, they went to the old Central HS in Tulsa. If I knew which box her yearbook was in there is a picture of them together in their junior year.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:04 PM   #1867

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
How was the concert? Forgot to add my mother dated Garths dad in High School for a while, they went to the old Central HS in Tulsa. If I knew which box her yearbook was in there is a picture of them together in their junior year. [emoji38]
Probably the best concert ive ever been to. He played all his old songs. It was great.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 07-24-2017, 11:05 PM   #1868

THOR #5196
Quote:
Probably the best concert ive ever been to. He played all his old songs. It was great.

Jerry
Sent you a PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:27 PM   #1869

THOR #8338
Thanks for the information halfprice.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:16 AM   #1870

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Jerry's Hurricane mods

So after watching Game of Thrones last night in the Hurricane, we decided that the Seiki TV in the main entertainment center had to go. The sound was awful and it wasn’t a smart TV or cable ready, and we really wanted a 4K TV to go with the XBox One S. So we went to Best Buy and picked up a new 40” Samsung 4K Smart TV to replace the Seiki. You would think that it would just fit but as it turns out, not quite so. Of course, the mount swings out and there is plenty of access to wiring, etc. However, that is where the “easy” stopped.

The Seiki used M6 bolts and the Samsung needed M8 bolts, so off to Lowe’s I went to get some bolts for the VESA mount. Once I had the M8 bolts, I found they didn’t work with the existing mount so I had to drill out the holes to fit the new bolts. Then, because the Samsung is less deep than the Seiki, I had to reposition the TV mount to the left about an inch and add some spacers so the whole mount could be closed. Using the previous configuration, the TV was hitting the wall on the right and wouldn’t allow the catch to click in the locked position. Additionally, the Seiki had a hard wired power cord and the Samsung does not, and of course it is a right angle connector but right at the corner of the mount bracket. This is why spacers were needed, to be able to offset the additional distance needed to connect the power cable and still keep a squared presentation to the viewers.

When finished, it is simply amazing what a difference in quality there is. The picture is fantastic - sharp, colorful and brilliant. The sound is also leaps and bounds better, 20 watts using the built in speakers and an optical out available for a sound bar or other accessory. We were hoping for a headphone jack as we wanted to try out a Bluetooth audio transmitter so we could use the house speakers, but there is no standard audio out. So maybe we will see if we can find a slim sound bar that we can mount above the new Samsung to really extend the sound (really needed when the front AC is on!)

The other cool thing is that it has a smart remote that discovered all of our video devices and controls them, and my Samsung Galaxy S8+ is also supposed to be a remote control,although I haven’t tried it yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E2471FC2-68E3-4A81-89ED-2E236E924407.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	279.0 KB
ID:	6037

I guess we can take the tape off now!
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:20 AM   #1871

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram51 View Post
I am considering purchasing a 29M but prefer storage instead of the outside kitchen. Does anyone know how easy it would be to remove the outside refrigerator, sink and drawers?
You can order the 29M without the kitchen too!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:23 AM   #1872

THOR #2757
Quote:

Jerry
Glad you are home safe and sound! Hope you got some rest!!

Old 07-25-2017, 01:48 AM   #1873

THOR #3156
No rest. Im trying to catch up now
FMCA # F464385
Old 07-25-2017, 03:24 AM   #1874

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Arkansas
THOR #3744
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmihalk View Post
So after watching Game of Thrones last night in the Hurricane, we decided that the Seiki TV in the main entertainment center had to go. The sound was awful and it wasn’t a smart TV or cable ready, and we really wanted a 4K TV to go with the XBox One S. So we went to Best Buy and picked up a new 40” Samsung 4K Smart TV to replace the Seiki. You would think that it would just fit but as it turns out, not quite so. Of course, the mount swings out and there is plenty of access to wiring, etc. However, that is where the “easy” stopped.

The Seiki used M6 bolts and the Samsung needed M8 bolts, so off to Lowe’s I went to get some bolts for the VESA mount. Once I had the M8 bolts, I found they didn’t work with the existing mount so I had to drill out the holes to fit the new bolts. Then, because the Samsung is less deep than the Seiki, I had to reposition the TV mount to the left about an inch and add some spacers so the whole mount could be closed. Using the previous configuration, the TV was hitting the wall on the right and wouldn’t allow the catch to click in the locked position. Additionally, the Seiki had a hard wired power cord and the Samsung does not, and of course it is a right angle connector but right at the corner of the mount bracket. This is why spacers were needed, to be able to offset the additional distance needed to connect the power cable and still keep a squared presentation to the viewers.

When finished, it is simply amazing what a difference in quality there is. The picture is fantastic - sharp, colorful and brilliant. The sound is also leaps and bounds better, 20 watts using the built in speakers and an optical out available for a sound bar or other accessory. We were hoping for a headphone jack as we wanted to try out a Bluetooth audio transmitter so we could use the house speakers, but there is no standard audio out. So maybe we will see if we can find a slim sound bar that we can mount above the new Samsung to really extend the sound (really needed when the front AC is on!)

The other cool thing is that it has a smart remote that discovered all of our video devices and controls them, and my Samsung Galaxy S8+ is also supposed to be a remote control,although I haven’t tried it yet.

Attachment 6037

I guess we can take the tape off now!
Nice mod! I've installed this sound bar in both the living room and bed room in our Hurricane 35M. It is slim and sounds great with a small built in sub-woofer. It has several input options.

Insignia Soundbar with 39-Watt Digital Amplifier Black NS-SB316 - Best Buy
Old 07-25-2017, 10:53 AM   #1875

State: New York
THOR #6713
Ram51, yes you can order your 29M without the rear kitchen area. I was considering doing that too figuring i'll never use it. Since having mine now for two months I am glad that I didn't delete the outside kitchen. I have found that there is plenty of storage with this unit and the minimal extra storage from the deleted kitchen area was not worth it for me. That outside kitchen grew on me and the extra fridge is great when traveling on extended trips. Just something to think about. The choice is yours!

Campinking
campinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:04 AM   #1876

THOR #5196
Quote:
I wasn't sure how much I would really use the outside kitchen, turns out I use it a lot. We keep drinks in the refrigerator, saves going inside a lot. We cook out a lot and the outside kitchen stores all the cooking utensils, paper towels, and other odds and ends.

Like Jerry said, removing the fridge would be fairly easy. If you are certain you would rather have the storage you would have to special order with the kitchen as a deleted item. The 31Z does not have a kitchen and has a huge rear storage area if that would interest you.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:18 PM   #1877

THOR #8338
Thanks for all the outside kitchen information. Dealer had said I could order one without the outside kitchen but it would cost more than the price I would pay for a 29M already on his lot.

From the feedback, it looks like if I pull the trigger and purchase one, that I may wait a few months and see if I enjoy the outside kitchen before I make any decision on removing it.

All the input has been most helpful.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:52 PM   #1878

THOR #2757
Vizio sound bar

Installed a Vizio 2.0 sound bar this afternoon. No sub-woofer. Sounds pretty good for a <$80 investment.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170725_162454.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	6045  

Old 07-25-2017, 10:35 PM   #1879

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Installed a Vizio 2.0 sound bar this afternoon. No sub-woofer. Sounds pretty good for a <$80 investment.

Way to go Dino!!!
Old 07-25-2017, 10:36 PM   #1880

THOR #5196
Quote:
Thanks for all the outside kitchen information. Dealer had said I could order one without the outside kitchen but it would cost more than the price I would pay for a 29M already on his lot.

From the feedback, it looks like if I pull the trigger and purchase one, that I may wait a few months and see if I enjoy the outside kitchen before I make any decision on removing it.

All the input has been most helpful.
I saw on your profile you live in Fairview, we live in Desoto. Are you purchasing at MSHRV in Alvarado?