Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-07-2018, 04:05 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #8052
Post Kitchen and bathroom sink replacement

Has anyone in the Thor A.C.E. 30.1 community replaced their original plastic kitchen and/or their bathroom sinks with stainless steel drop in sinks? Our 2013 ACE could use an update.

If you made such a modification, where did you obtain the new sink(s) and what vendor model/part numbers did you get/install?

And of course, any before and after pics you can share would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks in advance.
Mike

Old 03-07-2018, 06:10 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I've got no help for you with the sinks...

But I'd still like to welcome you to the forum, and wish you the best of luck!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:20 PM   #3

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Can’t help with sinks - though I hope you get a good answer as I’d like to replace my plastic bathroom sink too. But I have a parallel question to add...

Is there any reason to use RV specific faucets instead of regular house versions? I’m guessing maybe they are different due to having less flow volume. All of the RV specific faucets seem to be pretty flimsy.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:15 PM   #4

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Can’t help with sinks - though I hope you get a good answer as I’d like to replace my plastic bathroom sink too. But I have a parallel question to add...

Is there any reason to use RV specific faucets instead of regular house versions? I’m guessing maybe they are different due to having less flow volume. All of the RV specific faucets seem to be pretty flimsy.
I replaced my bathroom faucet in my Miramar with a much nicer, high neck faucet from Menards. There are no difference as long as the distance between the faucets match the holes in your counter. It was an easy upgrade.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:53 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I know some Axis/Vegas owner's have replaced their sinks (there might be one in the Axis/Vegas mods thread).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:10 PM   #6

State: Tennessee
THOR #9213
My wife hated our small sink in our 2017 Windsport so I replace it with this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4014.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	9784   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4013.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	9785  

Old 04-18-2018, 09:33 PM   #7

THOR #6826
Well that’s nifty!
Old 04-18-2018, 11:58 PM   #8

Model: FourWinds SK 35
State: Virginia
THOR #4706
[emoji106] that’s great
Old 04-29-2018, 12:23 PM   #9

State: North Carolina
THOR #6026
Quote:
Originally Posted by donca56 View Post
My wife hated our small sink in our 2017 Windsport so I replace it with this.
I love this. I am not allowed to create new projects until Cliff finishes the other 40 things I want.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:38 PM   #10

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Saskatchewan
THOR #12902
We replaced the kitchen sink in our 2013 Thor ACE 30.1 with a stainless steel sink. We purchased a Dawn 3235. There were some minor modifications to be made, such as the hole needed to be enlarged slightly and the P-trap had to be rotated (my husband chose to purchase a new P-trap) to line up with the drain as it is slightly off centre. It looks great now, and is a far better choice for the kitchen than a plastic sink.
You might also want to check out the sink replacement installation of another forum member "craiglang1"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Resized_20180902_102734_3016.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	13153   Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20180902_102701_1971.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	13154  

Name:	Resized_20180902_102649_933.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	13155  
Old 08-07-2021, 02:16 PM   #11

State: Mississippi
THOR #24459
Knowing the differences between RV faucets vs home faucets should make it easier for you to decide whether replacing your RV water fixture with a household model is worth it: the water in our homes passes through rigid metal or PVC pipes. Their connections feature threads or grooves that form a tight seal with your faucet’s inlet ports. Motorhomes feature flexible cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) tubes that run behind the RV’s wall panels and other spaces. Hence, the main difference between a residential faucet and an RV tap is their connection to the plumbing system.
Old 08-07-2021, 02:41 PM   #12

THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daley07 View Post
Knowing the differences between RV faucets vs home faucets should make it easier for you to decide whether replacing your RV water fixture with a household model is worth it: the water in our homes passes through rigid metal or PVC pipes. Their connections feature threads or grooves that form a tight seal with your faucet’s inlet ports. Motorhomes feature flexible cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) tubes that run behind the RV’s wall panels and other spaces. Hence, the main difference between a residential faucet and an RV tap is their connection to the plumbing system.

The only difference between an RV faucet and a “home” faucet is that in many cases the former are made of plastic and of low quality while the later usually are metal and much more durable. I have replaced my RV faucets with “home” faucets from Lowe’s and I am more than pleased with this simple upgrade. FWIW most homes are built with PEX these days as well?
Old 08-07-2021, 03:07 PM   #13
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
The only difference between an RV faucet and a “home” faucet is that in many cases the former are made of plastic and of low quality while the later usually are metal and much more durable. I have replaced my RV faucets with “home” faucets from Lowe’s and I am more than pleased with this simple upgrade. FWIW most homes are built with PEX these days as well?
Exactly! They use the same connections on RV faucets as home faucets. PEX is just the piping and has numerous ways to terminate it.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 01:11 PM   #14

State: Mississippi
THOR #24459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daley07 View Post
Design-wise, both faucets have the same components and functions. However, they differ in the way they connect to the plumbing system. Hence, your knowledge of these connecting mechanisms helps ensure the correct replacement of your RV faucet with a home faucet.
Old 08-13-2021, 05:32 PM   #15

THOR #6826
I replaced both my kitchen and bathroom plastic faucets with “home” products on sale at Lowe’s. Took all of 20 minutes for both as the connections were “standard”.