Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2019, 09:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 23H
State: Indiana
THOR #13369
Kitchen Exhaust Fan

Greetings -

I'm looking to install a powered exhaust fan in the kitchen vent in my 2017 Freedom Elite 23h. I noticed the front and back vents both have power wires ran to do the fan installation, but when I took off the liner to my kitchen fan, there were no wires in site. However, the wiring diagram shows there should be power there. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough... anyone else tackle this yet?

For a back-up plan, I have a fire detector about 2-3 feet away that I thought I could tap into, but does anyone else have suggestions on how to wire this up without pigtailing it onto a light that is switch controlled?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wire-diagram-23h.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	17679  

Pioneer TS-A6886R 5x7 350 Watt Stereo Speakers
Coleman Electric Heat Kit 9233-4551
teammills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:25 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Well personally I would NOT tap into the power source for a saftey item like fire/propane/c02 detectors. Dont sound right to me and im sure in a residental home it would be illegal.

I would look for a light or a switch that is close by or run a seperate wire from the fuse panel over to it. But that just me.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:10 PM   #3

Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
Take the inside cover off the vent then the garnish. Look for a connector tucked up in the void you expose. If there is one then you are golden. In my coach powered vents are an “option” but the wires are there. I think Thor makes one wiring harness for all coach’s of the same model and install the options as ordered. It would not be cost effective to make a harness unique to each coach.