Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-15-2022, 04:10 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2022 Axis 24.1
State: Kansas
THOR #24565
Will take some pics.

Also, just so you know, the aluminum outside rear dual wheel did not come drilled for the pin used to keep the valve stems 180 degrees opposite to one another. We pulled this pin out and just paid attention to keep the valve stems 180 degrees apart.
My shop said they do this all day long rather than drill a hole in the aluminum.

Old 07-16-2022, 01:53 PM   #42

THOR #24565
Some pics:
Buytrucktires shipped the wheel kit extremely fast. Ordered Monday and got tires installed Thursday!!!!

The kit was missing one lug nut so we used the factory lug. Called and Buytruck shipped one out the same day.

We are pleased with the set up except found out that Cooper truck tires are mostly made in China. The sure advertise as being a USA company so a little disappointing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1465.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	38714   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1467.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	38715  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1468.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	38716  
Old 07-16-2022, 05:44 PM   #43

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
Some pics:
Buytrucktires shipped the wheel kit extremely fast. Ordered Monday and got tires installed Thursday!!!!

The kit was missing one lug nut so we used the factory lug. Called and Buytruck shipped one out the same day.

We are pleased with the set up except found out that Cooper truck tires are mostly made in China. The sure advertise as being a USA company so a little disappointing.
Were you able to change your odometer to accurately reflect the larger diameter tire?
How involved is the process?
Old 07-16-2022, 06:28 PM   #44

THOR #24565
Ford dealer said that they can no longer do it because Ford Corp sees it as an emissions issue??? But then the service manager said that there are several good after market devices to change the onboard computer to reflect an accurate speed. He said a couple names but I did not write them down.

With that said, my steering wheel position mostly blocks the speedmeter from my view so I have not relied on it since purchase. I use my GPS as primary speedo.

My Garmin speed is identical to several certified speedos on both Ford and Dodge products and 2 brands of properly calibrated traffic radars. So, I do trust it. I need to get out on the road and check my GPS to my speedo and learn what it shows vs true speed.

https://www.agcoauto.com/content/plu...peed/calc.html
Old 07-17-2022, 12:04 AM   #45

Model: VEGAS 24.1
State: New York
THOR #24657
Happy

You will be very happy with the up grade the piece of mind not having to worry about the tires are great. I would post pictures but mine loook like happy. You should have no problems with the cooper tires. Did you get hub covers for the rear axle? Mine came with covers.
Old 07-17-2022, 02:06 AM   #46

THOR #24565
The factory tires were working at around 94% of their ability. These tires will coast along at about 35-40 % of their capacity!!

Yes we have covers but didn't really like the way they are held on buy the small lip so decided to not use them. We can always put them on later.

Appreciate you posting about the wheels. We were looking at the euro metric Commercial tires but they are still an E rated tire. We have been using E rated for decades out here where we live and have had bolts, nails, rocks etc.. penetrate the tire. Learning about this upgrade was a "eureka" moment. Thank you.
Old 07-17-2022, 07:48 PM   #47

THOR #24657
Happy

Your welcome glad you see the benefits like I do. The next for me is a 4 inch lift in the front and 2 inch in rear . It will level the rv and only raise the rear 2 inches I would like a little more ground clearance. Did you do any other upgrades that you liked.
Old 07-17-2022, 08:14 PM   #48

THOR #24565
Changed the 2 swaybars, added a SafeTplus steering stabilizer and went to a 5 degree castor and general alignment. The alignment was absolutely an improvement and the swaybars made the overall drive a lot less skittish.

Now we need to get on the road and go places and see things.
Old 07-18-2022, 01:51 PM   #49

THOR #24657
happy

yes we do. have a great time