Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-15-2021, 06:05 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29H
State: New York
THOR #15098
Last time I'll ask, I promise

Anybody out there replace the jackknife couch out of an Outlaw 29h with dual recliners? I'm looking for dimensions from the extended slide wall to the refrigerator. Want to buy RecPro recliners, but I cannot for the life of me connect with anyone who can tell me whether they'll fit or not. Length is not a problem, as the opening is 72" where the couch is now. I'm just worried that I won't be able to extend the leg rests out completely. The rig is in storage currently, and I can't get at it to measure from the wall that is the slideout to the opposite side where the fridge is. Please help me with this dilemma!

Old 02-15-2021, 06:10 PM   #2

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1951 View Post
Anybody out there replace the jackknife couch out of an Outlaw 29h with dual recliners? I'm looking for dimensions from the extended slide wall to the refrigerator. Want to buy RecPro recliners, but I cannot for the life of me connect with anyone who can tell me whether they'll fit or not. Length is not a problem, as the opening is 72" where the couch is now. I'm just worried that I won't be able to extend the leg rests out completely. The rig is in storage currently, and I can't get at it to measure from the wall that is the slideout to the opposite side where the fridge is. Please help me with this dilemma!

I can’t help you as I don’t have your model. I’d think maybe that one of the RV furniture retailers could fix you up as I’m quite certain they’ve done your model more than once.
Old 02-15-2021, 06:23 PM   #3

THOR #15098
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I can’t help you as I don’t have your model. I’d think maybe that one of the RV furniture retailers could fix you up as I’m quite certain they’ve done your model more than once.
Boy, Pete, I wish that were true. Nobody I talked to at either of the retail furniture places would commit to whether their product would fit in my rig. When I tried to contact Thor regarding the floor plan, they sent me one that I did not have the dimensions I was looking for. I'm that frustrated right now I don't know what my next move will be.
Old 02-15-2021, 06:37 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Boy, Pete, I wish that were true. Nobody I talked to at either of the retail furniture places would commit to whether their product would fit in my rig. When I tried to contact Thor regarding the floor plan, they sent me one that I did not have the dimensions I was looking for. I'm that frustrated right now I don't know what my next move will be.
Bring a tape measure to a local dealer that happens to have one in stock? (Since you can't get to yours)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 07:05 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
I had an "H".
The couch occupies a "normal" amount of space for RV couches. If you buy RV recliners: you'll be fine.
You won't be able to extend them fully without opening up the slide. But you couldn't do that with the couch either.
Old 02-15-2021, 08:01 PM   #6

THOR #15098
Thanks, Bob. I'm gonna go for it.
Old 02-15-2021, 08:17 PM   #7

Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Check this out

https://youtu.be/g_CEAxYaBKs

Now they part of Thor Family and have ton of recliners and stuff!
Old 02-15-2021, 08:52 PM   #8
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Soooo...... not doing your monthly maintenance on the generator? Why is it you can't access your rig in storage?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 11:38 PM   #9
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
[QUOTE=omar1951;277428]Thanks, Bob. I'm gonna go for it.[/QUOTE
We can t wit to see the results!
Old 02-16-2021, 12:21 PM   #10

THOR #15098
[QUOTE=Bob Denman;277462]
Quote:
Thanks, Bob. I'm gonna go for it.[/QUOTE
We can t wit to see the results!
I'll keep ya posted
Old 02-20-2021, 10:05 PM   #11

Model: Gemini 23TB
State: Tennessee
THOR #19707
I wanted to replace the jack knife sofa in my Thor Gemini which does not have it in a slide. I looked at RecPro, probably the same one as you, and instead went to Lambright furniture that I selected the components from. Worked with Bradd and Hall doing this. Without the slide we can fully extend the recliners that we got. Only issue is when you want to walk past the person needs to pull in the recliner part. Comfortable, well made by the Amish in the USA and it works in our small coach.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:24 PM   #12

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
We have a 2018 Thor Windsport 29m with a couch/bed and before we drove it home I got a twin electric recliner with massage, heat and thought it would fit, NO PROBLEM. The day I took out the couch and brought the recliner in and set it on the platform I realized it needed to be extended about 4 inches to avoid hitting the window cranks????? What to do??????

After some thinking I went to Lowe's and got some angle iron, fashioned a support frame that extended about 4 or 5 inches. After some cutting to make the frame flush and securing it to the base, I had a way to set the feet in the angle iron base and it works perfectly. Does not protrude too far out and all I have done so far is pull tie the front part of the chairs to the base. Need to secure it better but it's heavy so I'm not too concerned. If you can use a tape measurer, A hack saw, a drill and have a good imagination you can make it work!!! Bob Trice PS; If I can figure out how to attach a damn photo for this I'll send one but not for 2 weeks at least, we're heading to the Keys tonight!!!
Old 02-22-2021, 03:24 PM   #13
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.RVNomad View Post
I wanted to replace the jack knife sofa in my Thor Gemini which does not have it in a slide. I looked at RecPro, probably the same one as you, and instead went to Lambright furniture that I selected the components from. Worked with Bradd and Hall doing this. Without the slide we can fully extend the recliners that we got. Only issue is when you want to walk past the person needs to pull in the recliner part. Comfortable, well made by the Amish in the USA and it works in our small coach.
We were looking at Lambright's 50" tecliners foir our rig; but ended up ordering the OEM version through our Dealership. (They were an option for our rig in 2020...)
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote