Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-19-2021, 08:20 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnwebb@yahoo.com View Post
We have a 21017 Windsport and the slide goes out but won’t come in. We have to push the button several times to get the side out and in and it finally comes in.
Bad button, bad connection or bad ground.

Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 09:21 PM   #22

Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnwebb@yahoo.com View Post
We have a 21017 Windsport and the slide goes out but won’t come in. We have to push the button several times to get the side out and in and it finally comes in.
Greetings and Welcome

How far does it move each time you push the button?
Do you get a error code on the controller?

I had a similar condition, the slide would only move 6" BUT I had to move it IN 2 then out 6...till fully out. Same for retract.
Old 09-20-2021, 07:18 AM   #23

Model: 2021 Freedom Elite 24FE
State: California
THOR #21070
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
Hi Wyz3rd

I used a family owned and operated shop in Fontana. The name is J&L RV Repair. Their number is 909 429- 2194. They are a very honest family run shop. They are located at 8364 Sultana Ave Fontana. I had them installed back in Dec 2018 for around $6100(parts and labor). This last December I thought the right rear ram had become bent since it was coming down at an angle. I took it to a shop near my house and they wanted $2800 to repair it. I took it back to J&L and they repaired it for $300. The ram wasn't bent. The rear brackets that hold it to the frame had become loose. I was charged 2 1/2 hrs labor to remove and reinstall the rear brackets. All is great now. I am very happy with that shop. They can also do Thor authorized warranty work when approved.

Paul
Thanks Paul! That's great information. Fontana is a bit pdf a drive from Valencia, where I live. There is a local shop I'm my area (not Camping World) that recently began doing RV maintenance. There is one fella there who is really experienced who said he can do the install. He did successfully install an inverter for me, well placed, and properly wired through the fuse panel to specific outlets. I can probably buy the system on my own and pay him the labor to install. We'll see.

Thanks again,
Steve
Old 09-20-2021, 10:02 AM   #24
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
We have the Bigfoot central automatic system and am happy with it. Had it installed by Bigfoot.
Old 09-20-2021, 02:49 PM   #25

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis View Post
If I remember right, the Equalizer jacks, when being operated manually, only allow operation in pairs, not individually.
All the hydraulic jack companies are set-up to operate in pairs.
That way you don't "torque" your RV frame.

That said, as an example, with my joystick controller...I can raise the entire front end, both jacks at same time...then let the right or left side down as desired.
Which means only one jack is extended.

I don't like to do that as an extreme, only for fine tuning.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:46 PM   #26

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post

That said, as an example, with my joystick controller...I can raise the entire front end, both jacks at same time...then let the right or left side down as desired.
Which means only one jack is extended.

I don't like to do that as an extreme, only for fine tuning.
That's the general method I use for my Big Foot manual system (about $3,100 installed including tax).

Hit the "Start" button, which begins an automatic sequence: First extends both front jacks to ground contact; followed by both rear jacks to ground contact. At this point it is NOT level, but just "stabilized", and the entire coach is being supported by the jacks, NOT the motorhome suspension.

I then use the control pad buttons to manually extend/retract each individual jack to level the coach as desired.

I COULD start the whole sequence by manually extending individual jacks; but as previously stated - that might put undue torque if only one corner is lifted. I'm NOT an engineer... I just feel that using the method recommended by Big Foot (the manufacturer) is best.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:51 PM   #27

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Ohio
THOR #20900
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
Bigfoot allows the jacks to be manually operated either in pairs or individually. I generally don't - auto works fine - but, they can be.