Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2019, 11:41 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg View Post
I installed them myself on my 2015 Thor Vegas 24.1 last year and I'm very satisfied. I use the front levelers to raise the front all the way up with the rear all the way down to load/unload my trike motorcycle into the "toy hauler garage" that I converted the rear compartment in to. I installed levels for side to side and front to rear inside near the switch panel so I know when the RV is leveled.The leveling at camp sites is relatively quick and simple. It is hard drilling the installation bolt holes, but well worth it. Camping world ran a "special" on labor and wanted $100 to do the install.
I’d love to see photos of your “toy hauler garage”
Sounds innovative

Old 01-13-2019, 12:59 AM   #22

Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #12698
R V leveling system

I had the Equalizer leveling system installed on my 2018 THOR Siesta 24ss and love it. I can remotely operate it from my smart phone or from the control panel inside the motor home.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:03 AM   #23

Model: 25.4
THOR #7440
I have a 2017 AXIS 24.5 and I installed the HWH hydraulic jacks, dealer wanted $7,500.00 to install electric jacks that were made in China, all the rating I saw said they were junk and stay away, so I bought the HWH from Amazon and paid about $3,400.00 and did the install my self, not an easy job but it can be done if you have the tools and some mechanical experience, they work great and after 2 years no problems. these are the same jacks that they put on the high dollar Diesel Pushers, I did have some questions on the install and called HWH and the rep was very helpful and was really good at giving me the information I needed on the install, the installation instructions were vague but the rep from HWH really went the extra mile to make sure I was on track and and answered all my questions, really a good business to deal with.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:24 AM   #24

Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #12698
R V leveling system

I had the Equalizer Leveling System installed on my Thor Siesta 24SS. It is a bolt on kit (no holes to drill) which was important since Mercedes will void the chassis warranty if I drilled holes. The system now comes with a blue tooth ability to allow the user to control it from a smart phone/tablet. I love it. I have only been out 2 times with the leveling system installed and it works great. HWH also make a bolt on system.I went with the Equalizer since it does not require return springs on the hydraulic rams.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:14 AM   #25

Model: HAD Vegas 24.1
State: South Dakota
THOR #9657
I had the BF system installed on my 27 ft Winnebago (I used to have a Thor so still get these emails.) I love it. Although a bit far from you, I had my system installed by Brian at Bob Ledford's Adventure RV in Greenville SC. He's a stellar staff there. It's worth the trip there to get service from them. After a terrible dealer/service dept for my Thor I picked the right place this time. They have the ability for you to hook up and camp there the night before as well.