Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2016, 07:30 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
22e found storage space

For those of you that have the 22e floor plans, I discovered some additional storage space, not much, but enough for cleaning supplies and small items.

Since I will be winterizing and de-winterizing several times this winter, I wanted quick access to the water heater bypass valves. They are located under the wardrobe. Thor simply put a cabinet door over the access secured with two screws. They didn't hinge it, either to save money or having to come up with another bathroom door stop, who knows. When you take that cabinet door off, the water heater valves are there and the bonus space is next to the bulkhead between the bathroom wall and the water heater. So, for less than $5, I put self closing cabinet hinges, a positive cabinet latch, and a coiled spring type door stop.

Tags
bypass valves, space