Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2022, 05:21 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Magnitude SV34 Front TV Mod

I decide to remove the 40" TV in the overhead bunk along with the swivel arm to increase the storage space on the cab-over area. On top of that the length of the arm and weight of the TV causes it to bounce a lot when traveling and I figure that is not a good think over the long haul.

It was also in a difficult position for watching TV when sitting in the recliners. I even installed a swivel wall mount to help but that just added to the weight and didn't help much.

I decided to replace it with a 24" Vizio Smart TV and an Under the Cabinet TV mount. I mounted the TV under the cabinet above the coach entry. It worked out great with the mount I bought on Amazon. It stores up and then drops down, swivels and tilts.

The only thing I am waiting for now is a 90 degree coax adapter so the coax is not pinching against the bottom of the cabinet.

This was also a convenient location since the power, cable and HDMI cable where right there from the old TV. The mount and TV are perfectly stowed so you don't hit when walking up or down the stairs.

This mod also opened up more space that I thought it would in the cab-over area.

Here is the mount and the TV that I bought and some pics.......

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5131.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	37512   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5129.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	37513  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5130.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	37514  

Old 05-15-2022, 08:25 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds
State: California
THOR #24260
Chris,
If you ever get bored come to cali and glamp at my house. Got plenty of things I need done.
Nice job, another idea I need to keep hidden from the wife. Keep this up I will have to block you
Terry
Semper Fi
Pillbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 12:59 AM   #3

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillbox View Post
Chris,
If you ever get bored come to cali and glamp at my house. Got plenty of things I need done.
Nice job, another idea I need to keep hidden from the wife. Keep this up I will have to block you
Terry
Thanks Terry!

Next year we are planning to hit Alaska but we're planning to hit Cali the following year...... I may have to come and hang out!
Old 07-31-2022, 06:08 PM   #4

State: Virginia
THOR #27526
Hi Judge,
How hard was it to pull the cables back through from the front? I'm thinking about adding a Directv sat on the roof, but don't know how to fish the cables through to the cabinet...
Old 07-31-2022, 06:52 PM   #5

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobintheHood View Post
Hi Judge,
How hard was it to pull the cables back through from the front? I'm thinking about adding a Directv sat on the roof, but don't know how to fish the cables through to the cabinet...
There is no way... at least no easy way.... to fish the cables back through the cabinet.

However, I did drill a hole in my roof in the cabinet above the entry stairs to run the cable from my Starlink for RV Dish to the Router, which I placed in the cabinet above the stairs.