Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2015, 01:03 AM   #1
blr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #2466
MIRAMAR First trip

water in right camera.also inverter shut down after about four hours fault E05 overload, nothing requiring 120v but refrigerator. shower leaks other than that pretty good trip think we will like the MIRAMAR

Old 08-10-2015, 12:02 AM   #2
MaJ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar
State: Texas
THOR #2192
Thor Miramar First 2 months

Let me start by saying that we like our (new 2015) coach quite a bit so far. It's been out on 3 different 3-night weekend trips. We are preparing to go full time in it in October. This report is just of the problems discovered to date. We NC residents bought from a dealer in Florida. Near home in NC, the local CW was swamped with work, and had long waiting times for anything. Also, they indicated a priority problem servicing coaches not purchased locally. Between these two items, I surmise that warranty is not as valuable as one might assume before purchase.

On the 500 mile trip back home, half the rubber molding around the outside of the windshield blew off at 60 mph, and was slapping alongside the right side of the coach until I stopped and had to cut the offending piece of rubber off. Back home, I reinstalled it with the appropriate goop from an auto parts store.

The coach was delivered from the selling dealer with the LED awning lights known non functional. Thor customer service is helping me solve that one on my own.

My right rear jack has a small fluid leak. On a recent trip, we had to re-level the coach after maybe 24 hours. Two facts possibly not related. The amount of fluid on the one jack pad after the 3 days was maybe 2 ounces.

The steering seemed a bit loose. I had the alignment checked at a truck tire shop. The report was that it was way closer to Ford specs than that type of chassis usually is, so no adjustment necessary... "as if someone else had already done a precision alignment". I had a Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer installed, and have had to crawl under and readjust it twice. The installer was skeptical about steering stabilizers in general, saying, "Yeah, we uninstall a lot of them." If mine will stay adjusted, I will be happy with it.

Checking my 2 original 6 volt (no brand or label anywhere on them), revealed that they are on the edge between "good" and "fair" on a decent hydrometer. I have added 2 more the same physical size as the originals at 230 Ah each. We have yet to do any real field test to see what and how long we can operate on battery power. It probably depends mostly on the starting temperature of whatever mass in in the fridge.

I hope to contribute more hard facts here after we go full time in the fall.