Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2021, 04:23 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar
State: California
THOR #22927
Just measure and get square footage,, length times width . I made sure I had enough to double the thickness. Works great.

Old 09-27-2021, 05:18 PM   #42

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Yep. Just carefully remove it, peeling it loose where it's glued. Clean the plastic inside of the doghouse as well as you can. Alcohol is a great degreaser, and will help the Dynamat material stick well.

Carefully cover the inside of the doghouse with the Dynamat... Then replace the original heat shield liner over it. I used a spray adhesive to hold the heat shielding, but it didn't take much.
Old 09-27-2021, 08:24 PM   #43

Model: Daybreak 30DB
State: Tennessee
THOR #22917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Yep. Just carefully remove it, peeling it loose where it's glued. Clean the plastic inside of the doghouse as well as you can. Alcohol is a great degreaser, and will help the Dynamat material stick well.

Carefully cover the inside of the doghouse with the Dynamat... Then replace the original heat shield liner over it. I used a spray adhesive to hold the heat shielding, but it didn't take much.
Thanks, seeing people who said they put it over the factory heat shield kind of stressed me out. I felt like the dynomat should go against the dog house and then the factory heat shield should go on top of it. That's what I am going to do and I will report back in a few weeks after our next trip.

I'm also planning on putting dynomat in the doors and floor of the cab (interior.)
Old 09-28-2021, 01:58 AM   #44

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmac450 View Post
Thanks, seeing people who said they put it over the factory heat shield kind of stressed me out. I felt like the dynomat should go against the dog house and then the factory heat shield should go on top of it. That's what I am going to do and I will report back in a few weeks after our next trip.

I'm also planning on putting dynomat in the doors and floor of the cab (interior.)
Sounds like a great plan! I used a product used by "stereo shops" called Noico Foam... it's similar to Kilmat/Dynamat but without the foil backing. In my doghouse I have a layer of Kilmat (directly stuck to the plastic doghouse interior), then a layer of Noico Foam, then the factory heat shield.

I stuck/stuffed the Noico product into every nook & cranny I could find under the dash too.

To avoid repetition, I already posted a thorough explanation of my sound deadening effort, including pics. May be this thread or another... but we are extremely happy with the results.