Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-03-2018, 03:11 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Oregon
THOR #7634
I really love what you did with the recliner installation. I want to do the same with our 27K. But my biggest concern is losing the table. We don't eat at it that much, but since we both like cooking, the table becomes a food prep surface. Kinda like a kitchen island in a residential home.

Any thoughts on how to have the recliners and still retain the functionality of the table. Or maybe a smaller table.

Tom

2015 Thor Windsport 27K
thutchis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 03:37 PM   #22

State: Ohio
THOR #989
Tom,
The problem with a table in or near the original position are the bases mounted to the floor for the table posts. I would worry about the possibility of tripping and possibly falling into the stair well. You want to experiment with a narrow, single legged table with the floor mount position to the left side of the left recliner (in the corner). It might be out of the way enough not to create a hazard. In the pictures I have the small table we got with the coach set up in front. Normally we use a bigger table I made that goes up to near the dash. It is not as big as the original dining table but close. It is also much lighter!!

John
Old 05-04-2018, 09:43 PM   #23

THOR #989
Tom,
Your question regarding recliners and keeping a table got me thinking about what might be possible. To check out my thoughts I dug out one the left over table legs and the original front (small) table and put it where I thought it might work. Check out the attached pics. A long, narrow table would be my choice if the DW wants one. The piece of cardboard is 16"x34".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2893.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	10085   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2887.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	10086  

Name:	100_2888.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	10087   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2889.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	10088  

Old 05-05-2018, 03:01 PM   #24

State: California
THOR #11515
From the pictures it looks like the loveseat leather matches your captain chair. Does it match it perfectly? Our Windsport 27K is a 2014 and I am not sure our leather color is exactly the same.
Old 05-05-2018, 03:05 PM   #25

THOR #11515
How do I attach a picture? When I click on the "insert image" it wants an internet address. I can't see where I can browse my computer and pick a picture.
Old 05-05-2018, 03:46 PM   #26

State: Oregon
THOR #7634
Use the attachment icon to upload your image. Then the same icon to pick it from the list of uploaded pictures.
2015 Thor Windsport 27K
thutchis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 03:52 PM   #27

THOR #11515
Quote:
Originally Posted by thutchis View Post
Use the attachment icon to upload your image. Then the same icon to pick it from the list of uploaded pictures.
Thanks. I only noticed the attach file icon with the globe. Now I see the pin above it. Thanks.
Old 05-05-2018, 03:54 PM   #28

THOR #11515

Name:	Dining area.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	10095
Quote:
Originally Posted by neal parker View Post
from the pictures it looks like the loveseat leather matches your captain chair. Does it match it perfectly? Our windsport 27k is a 2014 and i am not sure our leather color is exactly the same.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:01 PM   #29

THOR #989
Neil,

The color is very close but not exactly the same. When we started looking at the RecPro recliners I called them and asked about colors. they sent us sample swatches. As I said in an earlier post, they were very good to work with.

John
Old 07-09-2018, 04:17 PM   #30

Model: Windsport 27k
State: Michigan
THOR #11015
2015 WS 27k Removed Dinette

This is what I have done with removing the dinette. My wife needs a power recliners as she is disabled. I kept everything in tact as I removed it so that I could reinstall it if/when we trade the unit in. I kept the same framework that was under the short side of the dinette, where are all the power, and ventilation is. I relocated the power center. Added an additional circuit so that I could have a dedicated circuit for the recliners, and one for laptops, phones etc. The wood work is 1/2" maple ply for side wall, 1/4' maple ply on the power center, and then 3/4" maple ply for the table top. The trim is oak. I want to build some sort of shelf or shelves to cover where tabs are that mounted the shirt side backrest.

I purchased the following dual recliner set, and plan to pick it up tomorrow. I will take pics once installed to show the finished project....

https://www.rvpartsnation.com/rv-fur...-coleman-seal/
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2015 Thor Windsport 27k 002.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	11306  
Old 07-09-2018, 07:27 PM   #31

Model: Hurricane 27K
THOR #2544
You guys are really doing nice work. Thank you for the posts. I went to shop4seats here in California a couple of weeks ago after it was suggested here. they have some really nice stuff and made locally. I kind of liked the one below as it only requires 53" and I will still have the ability to move the driver seat all the way back. They have both leather and fabric and a lot of colors but to get the express ship (3-5 days) they are limited. Keep posting you guys, I am still a bit afraid of screwing it up.

https://shop4seats.com/rv-furniture/...oveseat-2.html
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:40 PM   #32

Model: Windsport 27k
State: Michigan
THOR #11015
2015 WS 27k Removed Dinette

Here is the update pics. Before and After....went with dual power recliners with a center console. At 64" is is a little snug. But we love it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2015 Thor Windsport 27k 005.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	11349  
Old 07-11-2018, 05:20 PM   #33

State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
John and Diane,
Do you use seatbelts with the recliners? Do you eat at the little table between the two front seats?

We replaced our long dinette seat with a seat for a pontoon boat. It is very comfortable. I moved the dining table toward the center of the RV by about five inches. The new bench seat doesn't look nearly nice or as professional as yours, but we find it much more comfortable than the original bench.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:03 PM   #34

THOR #989
Metalman,
Occasionally we do use the seat belts but they are usually on the floor behind the seats. We reach thru the seats and pull them out when we need them.

We do eat at the table set up between the front seats but not with the little table that came with the MH. I made a 24"x38" maple table that we use. It is mounted on one leg that is offset so the table goes very close to the dash. When I offset the table I was worried it would not be stable but it is fine. Sorry no pic as the MH is in storage. Good luck with your mods.
John
Old 05-22-2019, 07:04 PM   #35

State: Florida
THOR #2154
I just finished my own remodel project on my 2015 Windsport 27K, and this thread from 2017 was some of the inspiration I needed to do it. Here's a thread with pictures from my project.

Thank you all for your help on this, especially to John for the photos he posted here in this thread.

Here's my photos:

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...tml#post183819
Old 05-22-2019, 11:06 PM   #36

THOR #989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N3EQF View Post
I just finished my own remodel project on my 2015 Windsport 27K, and this thread from 2017 was some of the inspiration I needed to do it. Here's a thread with pictures from my project.

Thank you all for your help on this, especially to John for the photos he posted here in this thread.

Here's my photos:

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...tml#post183819

Tom your finished project looks great! I wish I had gone to the recliners when I spent a lot of time, energy, and money to make Thor's original set up better. I'm glad my pictures and notes helped but you made it happen. Feels good doesn't it??? Safe travels.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:24 AM   #37

State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Tom, your change in seating looks great. I wish I'd gone that route instead of installing a pontoon boat seat. Your wide-angle lens does a nice job of showing the interior of the coach.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:56 PM   #38

State: Wyoming
THOR #8160
Just wanted to give a special thanks to all that posted information, advice and photos on doing this recliner project. You'r posts have given me the confidence to do the table replacement. The various photos on table options are very helpful also. We are heading for Arizona from Cheyenne Wyoming in January. This change will make our stay so much more enjoyable. Ordering the recliners tomorrow.

Thanks again to all!
Old 09-14-2019, 09:50 PM   #39
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Best mod we did to our ACE by far.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:31 PM   #40

State: Wyoming
THOR #8160
Finished my dinette conversion. I used maple plywood for the end table like someone suggested. On the heat ducts I put one out the side like most of you. I left the other one behind the recliners. Instead of boxing it in I put some insulation wrap on it. I ended it behind the recliner near the driver seat rather than bringing it to the front. If it doesn't do well there I will move it to the front and box it in. I used a 4" hole saw so I did not leave an open area for mice etc. to visit all those wires. I am also thinking of putting another small table by one of the recliners.
Thanks again to all who provided their input. Could not have done it without you.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	camper2.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	20369   Click image for larger version

Name:	Camper6.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	20370  

Name:	camper1.jpg