Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2019, 02:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
Front table too big in our 29m

Our front table is too big, I would like to find a smaller one that matches the one I got...how could you do a search that tell the different sizes....I would think that the color for all the hurricanes to be the same?? and maybe the other models as well??? one idea I had was to just get a white one that is for a boat.. some times I like to have the table up while driving , and the stock one is to big to get in and out of the driver seat.... any ideas??? I could cut the stock one down to the size I want.... but would have to paint the edge after I router it...

Old 03-08-2019, 02:48 PM   #2

THOR #12329
so question is.... does thor have a web site with parts description and part numbers for the different coaches??
Old 03-08-2019, 03:01 PM   #3

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Lots of these "boat/RV table accessories" are interchangeable. Possibly find out what brand/manufacturer table you have and search for other tabletop configurations that will fit your post.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:19 PM   #4

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #11380
You got a couple good ideas for solution.

When I decided the front table top of my Vegas was too big I ordered a 18 inch panel table top from Home Depot (ZPRLR0115) and had it shipped to the local store. Cost about $13.00. At the same time I ordered a couple of S/S poker chip cups that would easily hold a can of soda.

Cut holes on opposing sides of the table for the cup holders, did a slight Japanese-style char on the table, sealed wth a couple coats of varnish and used the table ring from the Vegas table top to mount on the underside of the new table.

The next day I made another table from scrap lumber I had laying about to make a matching dining table.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Top.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	16095  
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1
Calman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:09 PM   #5

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Outstanding!

I been toying the the idea of a smaller table to use while traveling. I will have to measure to see what size works best for us.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:24 PM   #6

THOR #12329
thanks for all the replies so far...great
Old 03-08-2019, 07:19 PM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Is there any way to cut down your original table, to the appropriate size?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 08:25 PM   #8

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Front table too big in our 29m

My coach did not come with a front table at all. At an RV show I saw a Winnebago Intent that had a nice sized oval table so I ordered one from Winnebago and bought a pedestal leg and flush mount base and I installed it myself. The one I bought had a neutral tone laminate finish. It did not have cup holders so after a while I ordered a pair from amazon. For us it was perfect.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:39 PM   #9

THOR #12231
I hate to cut my factory table.... But I would mind having a small one with cup holders.

One member used a plastic tray for a car/truck center console and made it fit the post between the two captains chairs.... If you search though the Axis mods 1,2,3 ..... you will see it somewhere amont 20 pages.

I thought about doing something like this or a small wood table with plastic cup holders hanging off the front end of the table. That way you can put your phone and sandwich on part of it and the cups are secure for driving.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Old 03-08-2019, 11:55 PM   #10

THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Is there any way to cut down your original table, to the appropriate size?
I was thinking that, but I thought I should leave it as an extra dinner table...
Old 03-08-2019, 11:58 PM   #11

THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
My coach did not come with a front table at all. At an RV show I saw a Winnebago Intent that had a nice sized oval table so I ordered one from Winnebago and bought a pedestal leg and flush mount base and I installed it myself. The one I bought had a neutral tone laminate finish. It did not have cup holders so after a while I ordered a pair from amazon. For us it was perfect.
that's what we had before this coach,... they have to mounts under so you can mount it center or off set,... we put it up and never took it down as it was small enough to walk by getting in the drivers seat
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC04503.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	16100  
Old 03-09-2019, 12:02 AM   #12

THOR #12329
was also thinking something like this..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	16101  
Old 03-09-2019, 12:04 AM   #13

THOR #12329
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Premier-Pon...item2cdea59fcf
Old 03-09-2019, 12:05 AM   #14

THOR #12329
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jet-Boat-Tr...2e56cc42927a2b
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	16102  
Old 03-09-2019, 02:37 AM   #15
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
If you don't want to cut into the factory one, order a 2nd. Call Thor and get a part # and then go to your dealer with that part # and order it--although I would bet that the price for that will be much higher than any of the other suggestions here.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:09 AM   #16

State: Missouri
THOR #5437
My wife wanted a smaller table also. We went to Lowe's (or one of them) they have stock round wood table tops is small sizes. I think she ended up with a 18in one. We then put some fabric on the top and covered it with a thick pour on plastic material. We got the produce from ACE hardware it work like a champ. The end product looks like what you see on tables at bars or restaurants. I then ordered a base to screw onto the bottom that fit the table post. I am now looking for a shorter table post.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:37 PM   #17

Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
We liked our table so much we put it in the rafters in the garage. We never used it and it took up space in the bedroom closet

I can see how some would like it and use it but for us we never would.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:19 PM   #18

THOR #12231
Wow, Vegasruv, those options are expensive. ($127 and $73). I would just make one either out of the 18 inch wood table mentioned above or something simular. You can either paint or stain it... or perhaps cover the top with some sore of vinyl to match your interior.

I have seen some use a plastic center console for a car/truck (Walmart specal for like $15?) and attach to the pole somehow. That way it has two cup holders and a small storage compartment (or two) for phones and snacks but is very small so its not in your way while traveling.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:58 PM   #19

THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Wow, Vegasruv, those options are expensive. ($127 and $73). I would just make one either out of the 18 inch wood table mentioned above or something simular. You can either paint or stain it... or perhaps cover the top with some sore of vinyl to match your interior.

I have seen some use a plastic center console for a car/truck (Walmart specal for like $15?) and attach to the pole somehow. That way it has two cup holders and a small storage compartment (or two) for phones and snacks but is very small so its not in your way while traveling.
price of lazy isn't cheep,,, I could make a table.. take all day and running around to get stuff...if I wanted to work I could just go to the shop and make a couple hundred in an hour or so...this way I push a button and it shows up on my front porch...
Old 03-14-2019, 12:01 AM   #20

THOR #12329