Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2023, 05:20 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Tennessee
THOR #26876
Replace Axxera with Jensen Car1000

2017 Thor Windsport 31S
I replaced my head unit with a Jensen Car100. I tried using the existing wiring harness to plug into the new unit. However, although I would get a light at the power button to the new unit, nothing else would come on. So I decided to take the old harness, and wire it in with a new one. it looked like the old harness was wired slightly different. I wire the new one utilizing the color-coded wire schematics from the old radio and the new one. Now when I plug it in, I get no light. I get nothing. I’m having the hardest time finding anything as far as fuses that go to the radio . My owners manual doesn’t show anything specifically for the radio. I double checked all the wiring and it all looks good. I’m just lost now.

Old 03-14-2023, 01:20 AM   #2

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew.Slider View Post
2017 Thor Windsport 31S
I replaced my head unit with a Jensen Car100. I tried using the existing wiring harness to plug into the new unit. However, although I would get a light at the power button to the new unit, nothing else would come on. So I decided to take the old harness, and wire it in with a new one. it looked like the old harness was wired slightly different. I wire the new one utilizing the color-coded wire schematics from the old radio and the new one. Now when I plug it in, I get no light. I get nothing. I’m having the hardest time finding anything as far as fuses that go to the radio . My owners manual doesn’t show anything specifically for the radio. I double checked all the wiring and it all looks good. I’m just lost now.
Do you have an AxxERA AVM70LH radio? In any case, you should be able to look up the manual for the Factory radio for the Thor web site at.

http://thor.mizecx.com

You will need to create a free account in much the same way you created an account for this forum. Then you will need your VIN and then you will be able to look up the manuals for all the OEM equipment installed in your coach.

Once you have the wiring diagram from your AxxERA radio you can compare it to your new JENSEN radio and create a spreadsheet identifying the wires, like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Radio Wiring.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	41190  

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 01:56 AM   #3

State: Tennessee
THOR #26876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-sr@perra-us.net View Post
Do you have an AxxERA AVM70LH radio? In any case, you should be able to look up the manual for the Factory radio for the Thor web site at.

http://thor.mizecx.com

You will need to create a free account in much the same way you created an account for this forum. Then you will need your VIN and then you will be able to look up the manuals for all the OEM equipment installed in your coach.

Once you have the wiring diagram from your AxxERA radio you can compare it to your new JENSEN radio and create a spreadsheet identifying the wires, like this.
The old unit was an Axxera AV615BHM. I found the color coded wiring diagram for that unit and wired the new harness from that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	209BEEE3-33AD-4D0B-99F9-DFF7941A108D.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	41201  
Old 03-15-2023, 02:23 AM   #4

Model: 2019 Freedom Elite 30FE
State: New York
THOR #16600
you may be able to purchase a harness that will take care of getting the wiring right from crutchfield.
Old 03-16-2023, 01:55 AM   #5

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
you may be able to purchase a harness that will take care of getting the wiring right from crutchfield.
Been there, called Crutchfield and asked for a wiring harness for my coach, Crutchfield told me they DO NOT do harnesses for CLASS A motorhomes.

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 09:47 PM   #6

Model: Axis 25.6
State: Arizona
THOR #4510
There are several videos on YOUtube about this replacement of the Axxera radio. Just search for them. Here is 1