Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2019, 11:57 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
State: Florida
THOR #15054
My new cockpit!

Well, through all of the newbie struggles, I have managed to get my cockpit looking pretty close to what I envisioned when we first purchased her ten weeks ago. My EEZ-TIRE monitor to the left, my phone (for navigation and music only!) just to the right, and my new 9" monitor showing all three cameras continuously in the center tray. (Camera #2 is blued out because the company that I bought the adapter cables shorted me one cable, so that will be fixed in the coming days.) All cables are hidden as much as possible. I'm SO excited by how it's turned out.

Old 08-13-2019, 12:54 AM   #2

State: Michigan
THOR #3954
[emoji1303]
Old 08-13-2019, 01:34 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
That's very nice. Please post a link to this and the your install thread (which has solutions to problems in it) in the axis Vegas mods thread.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:44 AM   #4

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Very cool
Nice work
Old 08-13-2019, 04:53 AM   #5

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Nevada
THOR #11264
Very nice! Enjoy your “new look” cockpit
Old 08-13-2019, 11:37 AM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 12:24 PM   #7

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Very nice!

I'm curious as to what you needed to do to have all three cameras displayed at once on the monitor you added. That is a nice option to have when you would like to quickly glance to see what is around you at any given time.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:30 PM   #8

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Very nice.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:02 PM   #9

THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Very nice!

I'm curious as to what you needed to do to have all three cameras displayed at once on the monitor you added. That is a nice option to have when you would like to quickly glance to see what is around you at any given time.
All in, less than $120.

Monitor from Amazon. Handles up to four separate camera inputs. About $70.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Three 5-pin to RCA adapters from rearviewsafety.com. These come with the power cable which is necessary because when you remove the camera lead from the video splitter that is in our rig, it loses its power source. About $40.

https://www.rearviewsafety.com/safet...l-rca5-am.html

I will post a step-by-step if you would like.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:07 PM   #10

Model: ACE
State: Georgia
THOR #9143
Looks good. Thanks.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:52 PM   #11

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
All in, less than $120.

Monitor from Amazon. Handles up to four separate camera inputs. About $70.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Three 5-pin to RCA adapters from rearviewsafety.com. These come with the power cable which is necessary because when you remove the camera lead from the video splitter that is in our rig, it loses its power source. About $40.

https://www.rearviewsafety.com/safet...l-rca5-am.html

I will post a step-by-step if you would like.

Thanks for the additional info!

If the steps aren't too involved to post, it would be great but my biggest question is the power supply you used.

I have the video splitter in my Outlaw 29H as well that takes my 3 cameras and sends it to the single input in the Axxera radio.

The monitor you used looks nice and those splitter cables are perfect. I think I can figure it out from there once I know what you used for the power supply.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:11 PM   #12

THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Thanks for the additional info!

If the steps aren't too involved to post, it would be great but my biggest question is the power supply you used.

I have the video splitter in my Outlaw 29H as well that takes my 3 cameras and sends it to the single input in the Axxera radio.

The monitor you used looks nice and those splitter cables are perfect. I think I can figure it out from there once I know what you used for the power supply.
The power supply that goes into the video splitter has one red power wire and four ground wires. One of the wires appears to be dead. Someone please correct me if I've got this one wrong.

I trimmed the connector off of that 6-wire bundle and used the red power wire for the three cameras and also the monitor. I used the four separate grounds for the three cameras and one monitor. (Don't know if I needed to do that, but it worked.) The cables from rearviewsafety.com also include a power supply cable, pictured here:

This is what you will connect to the power and ground wires that you trimmed from the connector and is what powers your cameras.

Let me know if this makes sense.
Old 08-24-2019, 06:41 PM   #13

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Very nice job
Old 08-24-2019, 06:54 PM   #14

Model: FW Chateau Citatiion 23BA
State: Tennessee
THOR #8316
Neat!

Thanks for posting.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:45 PM   #15

THOR #15054
Thanks, guys. We just took our first trip with it (only an hour and a half each way) and it performed SO well. So much better than the Axxera HU.

The only issue with it that I see is, when I turn the left turn signal on, I get quite a bit of interference in the monitor. Not the right signal, though; only the left one. Not a killer issue, but I'd obviously like it to not do that!
Old 08-24-2019, 09:39 PM   #16

Model: ACE 29.4
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #6457
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
well, through all of the newbie struggles, i have managed to get my cockpit looking pretty close to what i envisioned when we first purchased her ten weeks ago. My eez-tire monitor to the left, my phone (for navigation and music only!) just to the right, and my new 9" monitor showing all three cameras continuously in the center tray. (camera #2 is blued out because the company that i bought the adapter cables shorted me one cable, so that will be fixed in the coming days.) all cables are hidden as much as possible. I'm so excited by how it's turned out.

nice
Old 08-25-2019, 08:00 AM   #17

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Europe
THOR #9936
Wow, that's an excellent setup, thanks for posting.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:55 PM   #18

Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Thanks, guys. We just took our first trip with it (only an hour and a half each way) and it performed SO well. So much better than the Axxera HU.

The only issue with it that I see is, when I turn the left turn signal on, I get quite a bit of interference in the monitor. Not the right signal, though; only the left one. Not a killer issue, but I'd obviously like it to not do that!
When you activate the turn signal does the whole screen go to that camera?? Then after the turn go back to the 4 screens??

I had that problem with turn signal also. Picture was not clear in full screen mode. My solution was to disable the wires, trigger wires, that activated the full screen

I see the left/right cameras just fine no need to see them in full screen mode to make a lane change

In my pic you can see I have the rear camera set to half screen. Left upper right corner and right lower right corner

I can see what's next to me all the time with a good picture. Didn't like the full screen view

JerryClick image for larger version

Name:	20170621_172722.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	19830
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 03:08 PM   #19

THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
When you activate the turn signal does the whole screen go to that camera?? Then after the turn go back to the 4 screens??

I had that problem with turn signal also. Picture was not clear in full screen mode. My solution was to disable the wires, trigger wires, that activated the full screen

I see the left/right cameras just fine no need to see them in full screen mode to make a lane change

In my pic you can see I have the rear camera set to half screen. Left upper right corner and right lower right corner

I can see what's next to me all the time with a good picture. Didn't like the full screen view

Jerry
Disabling that trigger wire was one of the first things I did on my system. I could not stand the fact that the sound muted when I put a turn signal on and unfortunately, my model of Axxera HU has not been updated to fix that issue.

One of the reasons that I went with the bigger monitor was so I could easily keep track of all three cameras, but I actually discovered that the solo rear camera was SO incredibly clear and gives me such a good view of approaching traffic that I leave it on there pretty much full time. I might play with it a bit and see about reattaching the trigger wire, now that I am not plugged into the Axxera HU any more.
Old 08-25-2019, 04:06 PM   #20

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Very nice layout! Good job!