Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-13-2017, 05:14 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #7902
New Mounting Hardware Kit F-53

Just got in touch with the people at Safe T Plus about what unit to put on the 'Cane. They recommended the 41-180 and mounting hardware # F-105K2.5. I was unable to locate this hardware kit and told them so. Here is their reply:
We have recently made a change to the kits we recommend for the F-53 chassis and are just now putting out the information; the fit guide has yet to be updated. We have tested this hardware since last fall and find it is a better fit for the F-53 coaches made from 2010 forward. In fact, you will have to order the kit direct through us as it is just now being added to our dealer's pricing listings. The kit is $58.00 plus shipping out of Austell, GA. You can contact us at 1-800-872-7233 to order.
Just thought I would put that out there.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:55 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Hmmm interesting. I just helped a buddy install his safe t plus a few weeks ago. Very easy straight forward install. Do they have pics of the new brackets.

J
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:30 AM   #3

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Oregon
THOR #7634
They recommended the exact same part number for my 2015 Windsport 27K via an email response. However, nobody could find it, finially I called and the said to get the F-119K2.5 kit. Haven't tried to mount it yet, MH is in service at CW.
2015 Thor Windsport 27K
thutchis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:31 PM   #4

Model: Allegro Open Road
State: Florida
THOR #8069
I just talked to them about my 2018 Windsport 29M they also recommended the F-105k2.5 bracket and also said that I was in between two different sizes on the shock but recommended the white one.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:26 PM   #5

Model: ACE 29.3
THOR #6007
Safe t plus bracket

I had a Safe T Plus installed on a 2018 ACE 29.3 about 10 days ago in Elkhart...I had ordered the parts and had them delivered to a alignment shop that did work for my dealer....I had the Safe T Plus, rear trac bar, chf and alignment done.

The tech reported the mounting brackets I had delivered would not fit...he was in touch w Safe T Plus and they sent new ones..I don't know the details... my Ford F53 Chassis is shown as being made in 3/17.

The tech said something about the brackets going on differing ways on each side...but he was assured by Safe T Plus what he did would work. He indicated he sent pictures and Safe T Plus indicated they would be using these in new instructions... I'm confused on what happened and my facts are limited...but something seems strange...btw he was sent the new bracket from Safe T Plus at no charge... I originally had ordered from Ultra in Washington who knew I was taking delivery of a 2018... Hope someone gets this sorted out...(and my Safe T plus was installed correctly.... I don't have a before and after comparison driving wise...but my rig handles pretty well...my hunch is this is so because of the 4 complimentary things I had done....
Old 07-31-2017, 08:49 PM   #6

Model: 2018 Newmar Canyon Star
THOR #6863
Additional Safe-T-Plus info...

I was given the info on the new bracket kit (F-105K2.5), as well, just yesterday.

It sounds like you (David1912) have done many things advised here in this forum and others to prepare your F-53 for road-handling bliss. Just out of curiosity, giving a ballpark estimate, what would one have to be prepared to pay to get all that done? I can only imagine that you saved a bit by having all the work done at one spot.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:03 PM   #7

THOR #6007
Mounting brackets for safe t plis

Responding to Papamo and group...my cost for parts for safe t plus and rear trac bar setup was in the region of $1200... cost for install of for stp, rear trac, chf (no parts) was about $425... my alignment at seem shop paid for by dealer..I hink cost for this would have around $150.... Oh, and Jerry recommended I specifically ask for bushings at front and rear to be removed and relubricated which tech did.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:05 PM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1912 View Post
Responding to Papamo and group...my cost for parts for safe t plus and rear trac bar setup was in the region of $1200... cost for install of for stp, rear trac, chf (no parts) was about $425... my alignment at seem shop paid for by dealer..I hink cost for this would have around $150.... Oh, and Jerry recommended I specifically ask for bushings at front and rear to be removed and relubricated which tech did.
Dave,
Your coach should drive nice with those ods.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:44 PM   #9

Model: Allegro Open Road
THOR #8069
I received my new 41-180 along with the F119k2.5. That is what John Miles recomended for my new 2018 Windsport. Did the CHF yesterday now getting the alignment and STP done Wed.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:02 AM   #10

State: Louisiana
THOR #7882
I have the ace 30.2 and I had the front and rear sway bars installed along with the Safe T Plus and when a truck passes i still get some push to the right. Is this to be expected ?
Old 08-05-2017, 07:55 PM   #11

Model: Windsport 35C
State: Texas
THOR #8449
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyC View Post
I have the ace 30.2 and I had the front and rear sway bars installed along with the Safe T Plus and when a truck passes i still get some push to the right. Is this to be expected ?
Rear trac bar solved this problem completely for me.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:19 PM   #12

THOR #6007
Safe t plus, trac bar, chf and alignment

Got a chance to test out my stp, rear trac bar, align and chf two days ago in Upper Peninsula of MI....rain and gust of wind probably at 25+... actually a little spooky but not crazy bad...upon arrival I checked tire pressures ...now about 800 miles on new coach...found all six at 72-74 psi...got them all at 82 as recommended...will be interested in differences during next drive..