Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-18-2016, 01:15 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
OK...I went out to our Axis...in Store mode the radio comes on..but, if you access the camera it sez...no signal...so I started motor...and a warning comes up...'Driver should not view screen' .. tell me how it knew I was sitting in driver
side !!! ??

Our coach is on leveling blocks right now, so I did not put it in gear...
our cameras work fine when we are/have been moving/in gear.

Try these options...if still, no signal, I defer to some of the others on this forum.
We get the same message when we hit the "mode" button. Instead, we use the menu button and then select the camera option from the graphic display. You can also select the radio option from the graphic display. etc. etc.

We aren't sure what "mode" is suppose to do.

We are interested in switching out the unit, and find it interesting that there's no camera switching device. grrrr

Old 04-18-2016, 03:55 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #2271
JollyRodgers.
Check dstankov's message on the previous page. There is a link to the switcher.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:18 AM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Flair 31E
State: New York
THOR #2025
When I switch out my unit, I will consider a 7 inch flip touch screen single din.

Amazon.com: 7" Flip Touchscreen - 4 Stars & Up: Automotive

Installing a single din flip up screen will allow me to have the screen higher for easy viewing and control.

I just need to do more research on the actual features: Bluetooth, cameras, etc. I would like some output to control the TV's from the radio as well.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:38 AM   #24
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvfigs View Post
When I switch out my unit, I will consider a 7 inch flip touch screen single din.

Amazon.com: 7" Flip Touchscreen - 4 Stars & Up: Automotive

Installing a single din flip up screen will allow me to have the screen higher for easy viewing and control.

I just need to do more research on the actual features: Bluetooth, cameras, etc. I would like some output to control the TV's from the radio as well.
You may want to look at the amount of radio recess into the dash. On my coach a flip up screen would not work because there is probably 3 to 6 inches of dash overhang that would interfere with a flip up screen. More than likely the dash would keep the screen from opening fully and one would have to lay on the floor to view the screen. I looked a couple of units at a local audio store and determined there was no way for that in my coach without taking a saw to the dashboard and that is not going to happen.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:15 AM   #25

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Flair 31E
State: New York
THOR #2025
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
You may want to look at the amount of radio recess into the dash. On my coach a flip up screen would not work because there is probably 3 to 6 inches of dash overhang that would interfere with a flip up screen. More than likely the dash would keep the screen from opening fully and one would have to lay on the floor to view the screen. I looked a couple of units at a local audio store and determined there was no way for that in my coach without taking a saw to the dashboard and that is not going to happen.
I don't believe the overhang on the Axis is 3 to 6 inches. I flip up screen should fit with no problem.