Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-05-2016, 04:55 PM   #21
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
I spot what looks like a command hook on the shower wall. Did you ave any problems mounting it? I've hesitated to use Command hook on the shower surround because of the texture so I was pleased to see one in use.

Any special treatment to get it up?

Suze
We have used Command Hooks in our RV showers for a number of years with good results..always apply to a smooth clean surface..not on the textured part.
In addition, I placed two of the brushed nickel hooks on the wall of the bathroom with not the best results, since that wall is textured...one remains out of the two and works for light weight item, night clothes.
What I am so happy with is the corner shelf..Ron didn't think there was enough room, etc...I convinced him to try it..with Prime I felt secure...we made a short trip to a nearby campground Sunday and returned a bit ago..all works well !

Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:03 PM   #22

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
If using the command strips on a textured surface just double up the sticky & it will hold. We've got all sorts of things on the walls with them & not one has failed yet, but as I said either double layer them or add more than necessary.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:10 PM   #23
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
If using the command strips on a textured surface just double up the sticky & it will hold. We've got all sorts of things on the walls with them & not one has failed yet, but as I said either double layer them or add more than necessary.
Thanks for the tip !! .... duh, never thought about doing that !! ha !
that is what I love about this forum .

k
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 01:17 PM   #24

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Maryland
THOR #5917
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
What I am so happy with is the corner shelf..Ron didn't think there was enough room, etc...I convinced him to try it..with Prime I felt secure...we made a short trip to a nearby campground Sunday and returned a bit ago..all works well !
Hi vkb,

I'm looking for a corner shelf could you share which one you bought?

2016 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109s - 07/2015
2016 Thor Axis 24.1 - 11/2016 - MAXX Air Deluxe Fans, Safe-T-Plus P-30
teamrudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 02:04 PM   #25
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
We have 3 of the heavier weight class command hooks on the wall of the bathroom for towels. So far they've held for at least 2 seasons. We also put a command hook soap dish in the shower which has also held for 2 seasons.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 02:37 PM   #26

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
The other secret on the Command strips is clean all surfaces with alcohol before using the sticky part.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 04:28 PM   #27

Model: Hurricane 29D
State: Florida
THOR #5756
Quote:
The other secret on the Command strips is clean all surfaces with alcohol before using the sticky part.
As a retired 3M employee I can support this statement, but there are also different tapes available, some for outside and some for wet environments. And if you really want something to stick, you can make your own with automotive trim attachment tape. Just cut the tape a little longer than required, and put some of the liner on each side of the longer adhesive strip tail.

And keep on buying 3 M products to help to ensure a continuation of my pension payments!
Old 03-16-2017, 10:47 AM   #28

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Maryland
THOR #5917
Quote:
Double up? Back to Back or side by side?

2016 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109s - 07/2015
2016 Thor Axis 24.1 - 11/2016 - MAXX Air Deluxe Fans, Safe-T-Plus P-30
teamrudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:14 AM   #29

Model: Hurricane 29D
State: Florida
THOR #5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamrudy View Post
Double up? Back to Back or side by side?
This would cause a weaker bond. The adhesives on each side are made in a way that they bond best with the substrate meant for (like the device side and wall side. If you attach adhesive to adhesive, the bond will not be as good. Additionally you may loose the advantage of Command to allow removal of the tape without marring the surface it was attached to.

There are different kinds of Command strips available, you just have too look to find the correct strip for your specific application. The strips that come with the devices are suitable for almost all applications that the developers could think of!
Old 03-17-2017, 10:15 AM   #30

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Georgetown 31L5
State: Ohio
THOR #6277
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
yep, good experience with it here too. Some folks have issue with the dribbling water shut-off but that is by design so that the set temperature blend is maintained. I haven't measured it, but my gut tells me that even with this thing dribbling while I soap up I use significantly less water than before
This is my understanding as well. The Oxygenics shower head has always been my first mod for many years. On my Hurricane, I went with the brushed nickel model, which is more expensive than the plain white. Here's a link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As of right now, Camping World has the entire line on sale.