Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2016, 04:48 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 Thor Damon Daybreak
State: Colorado
THOR #3604
New Shower head

Hi! I would like to upgrade our shower head. I have seen several mentions of oxygenic brand here on the forum. I would love to hear about your experiences, what models are good, etc. I am especially looking for something with a pause button that won't be cold when you turn it back on. Thanks in advance!

Dvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 05:16 PM   #2

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
For those that have already installed an Oxygenic -- every time we move into a new apartment or when we lived in military housing, I always replaced the fixed shower head with one that has a braided hose. Several times I've used an Oxygenic brand and everyone I ever tried to install leaked where you attached the hose to the existing shower stub. They leaked even with plumbers tape. I always wound up taking it back to Lowes or Home Depot and getting a Moen or Delta.

Have any of you had a problem with it connection leaking when installing it on the RV connection?
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 05:44 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
For those that have already installed an Oxygenic -- every time we move into a new apartment or when we lived in military housing, I always replaced the fixed shower head with one that has a braided hose. Several times I've used an Oxygenic brand and everyone I ever tried to install leaked where you attached the hose to the existing shower stub. They leaked even with plumbers tape. I always wound up taking it back to Lowes or Home Depot and getting a Moen or Delta.

Have any of you had a problem with it connection leaking when installing it on the RV connection?
I have used the same one in three RVs (over about 4 Years) 3-4 months a year two showers every day without any problem. It dors not shut off completely with the button and drips a little under pressure (not at the connection, but out of the shower head) but works great. Much better water pressure and we use a lot less water.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:54 PM   #4

Model: Four Winds 28A Class C
State: Vermont
THOR #4117
I have used an Oxygenics shower head in my RV for many years. It allows me to have a good shower using less water than the OEM shower head. It is especially good when dry camping and taking navy showers.

The change in temperature when turning the shower off and on is not really a function of the shower head, although most shower heads allow the water to trickle when it is turned off. This should prevent, or at least reduce the temperature change. For a real cure you could install one way valves in both the hot and cold water lines coming to the shower.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:06 PM   #5

Model: 2015 vegas 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #1448
We've used Oxygenics in our last 2 rvs. The latest one has the shutoff button. I don't know if it uses less water, but we're already taking navy shower, so we aren't concerned with that. The shower head that came with our rv was pitiful. The oxygenic is so much better, gets all the shampoo out.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:41 PM   #6

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
yep, good experience with it here too. Some folks have issue with the dribbling water shut-off but that is by design so that the set temperature blend is maintained. I haven't measured it, but my gut tells me that even with this thing dribbling while I soap up I use significantly less water than before
Old 09-03-2016, 10:57 PM   #7
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Just installed one in my coach and really like it. No leaking unless I use the shut-off valve. Like the extra pressure.
Kev
Old 09-03-2016, 11:23 PM   #8

Model: Four Winds 28A Class C
State: Vermont
THOR #4117
The "dribbling thing" really doesn't cost you any water. If you had a real shut-of valve you would have to wait until the water has returned to the correct temperature. I have installed a real shut-off valve and the water comes back on too hot to shower, so I have to wait until the temperature returns to normal.

If you really want to correct the temperature change problem, install one way valves in both the hot and cold lines to the shower.
Old 09-03-2016, 11:48 PM   #9

THOR #3604
Thanks for all of the feedback, I think I'm leaning toward this one
Oxygenics 26481 BodySpa Shower Head, Brushed Nickel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F5MU9MW..._pe2YxbWM29HPY
Old 09-04-2016, 12:21 AM   #10

Model: hurricane 32n
THOR #4158
Good choice!!
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:54 AM   #11

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvan View Post
Thanks for all of the feedback, I think I'm leaning toward this one
Oxygenics 26481 BodySpa Shower Head, Brushed Nickel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F5MU9MW..._pe2YxbWM29HPY
That's the one we bought (in white) after a year in our Vegas. It gives a nicer spray and does seem to use less water. We weren't unhappy with the original shower head, but this was a worthwhile expense for us. Put the original in storage to swap out if we change rigs someday. Have yet to hear of anyone regretting this purchase.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:55 AM   #12
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvan View Post
Hi! I would like to upgrade our shower head. I have seen several mentions of oxygenic brand here on the forum. I would love to hear about your experiences, what models are good, etc. I am especially looking for something with a pause button that won't be cold when you turn it back on. Thanks in advance!
We installed the Oxygenic shower head this week. We like the appearance ..
I read several reviews on Amazon. Ultimately, bought at CW as it was on sale. Have not had a chance to use it yet. This one has a pause button . Has matching hose. Comes in White, Chrome and Brushed Nickel (which is what we bought to match bathroom /shower fixtures)
Click image for larger version

Name:	shower head closeup.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	2906
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 05:10 AM   #13

Model: Axis 25.3
State: California
THOR #2526
Too many good ideas on these forums. Shower head on my Amazon wish list now. Darn it ;}
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:08 PM   #14
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddad53 View Post
Too many good ideas on these forums. Shower head on my Amazon wish list now. Darn it ;}
If you have a CW near by..they are having a Fall sale..then the Good Sam internet catalog shows that shower head for around $40 .. We happened to be there while waiting for new windshield install..got it and faucet at internet prices...couldn't pass it up.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 06:05 PM   #15

Model: A.C.E. 27.1
State: New York
THOR #4585
I spot what looks like a command hook on the shower wall. Did you ave any problems mounting it? I've hesitated to use Command hook on the shower surround because of the texture so I was pleased to see one in use.

Any special treatment to get it up?

Suze
Old 09-05-2016, 01:15 AM   #16
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I put this one in: Fury Handheld Shower, Nickel - Oxygenics 92481 - Shower - Camping World

Works great, doesn't leak.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 02:50 AM   #17

State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
I spot what looks like a command hook on the shower wall. Did you ave any problems mounting it? I've hesitated to use Command hook on the shower surround because of the texture so I was pleased to see one in use.

Any special treatment to get it up?

Suze
Just ordered the Oxygenics shower head from Amazon.
Also have a command hook on the opposite wall.
No problem getting it up!
Old 09-05-2016, 10:39 AM   #18

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenbear View Post
The "dribbling thing" really doesn't cost you any water. If you had a real shut-of valve you would have to wait until the water has returned to the correct temperature. I have installed a real shut-off valve and the water comes back on too hot to shower, so I have to wait until the temperature returns to normal.

If you really want to correct the temperature change problem, install one way valves in both the hot and cold lines to the shower.
here is an interesting video on that topic
How to Fix the Cold Water Blast in Your RV Shower
Old 09-05-2016, 11:31 AM   #19

Model: 37GT
THOR #5246
We are also fans of Oxygenics shower heads for our RVs. Should have switched them out when we traded last week but forgot. Now I have to order another one. They produce more water pressure at the head while using less water. Worth the money IMHO.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #20

THOR #3604
Ordered ours last night, thanks again for the feedback.