Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2019, 10:54 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #12686
NuWave Bravo XL install in Vegas 25.5

For those who were interested, I'm a little late but, as promised, here are the pics of my Nuwave Bravo XL Convection/Toaster/Air Fryer replacing the High Point microwave/convection. This Nuwave does not emit much heat on the outside so I felt comfortable with it in a simi-enclosed area (fan installed to move the small amount of heat). I checked the heat on the outside of the oven using my IR gun. The oven was pre-heated to 400 degree and ran for 15 minutes. Temp on outside of oven varied from 101-103. Process:
1) Removed High Point oven.
2) I wanted the new oven raised a couple of inches so I removed the plywood platform with heat shield, added 3 2x2s to the underlying platform and reattached the heat shielded platform.
3) The outlet for the High Point was a single outlet with a dedicated circuit. I needed a double outlet to add the fan. I replaced it with a residential outlet and box (blue box, right side of picture)
4) I used L brackets to attach the small, low speed fan (used for enclosures). Actually, I made Z brackets using 8 L brackets. Attached the brackets and fan to the plywood outside TV support on the back wall.
5) I added an in-line thermostat to the fan (also used in enclosures, cut one wire and attach both ends in-line to the thermostat). I set the thermostat to 95 degrees.
6) I made a vent using black metal gutter guard cut down to fit the existing opening (top of opening in the pictures).
7) Installed the oven and placed L brackets by the 2 from legs and secured the oven with zip-ties.
8) Made a face plate using 1/4 in plywood (cabinet/drawer type) and added half round mold around outside edge and flat mold around opening. The opening of the face plate was cut 2 inches above the top of the oven to allow for venting. The gutter guard screen is the vent. I painted the face plate black. Installed the face plate with 4 wood screws.
9) Tested the oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Fan operated as planned, warm air vented.
10) Made 13 inch pizza!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oven 1.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	19526   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oven 2.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	19527  

Name:	Oven 3.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	19528  

pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 11:10 PM   #2

THOR #12686
Bonus Pic

My favorite mod...this is the residential refrigerator I installed immediately after purchasing the Vegas. Anybody need a "never used" Norcold RV fridge...cheap?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Fridge 1.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	19531  
Old 08-09-2019, 11:15 PM   #3

Model: Axis 27.7
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #12085
Very nice indeed! Thanks for the details and pictures.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:11 AM   #4

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #5494
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavemike View Post
For those who were interested, I'm a little late but, as promised, here are the pics of my Nuwave Bravo XL Convection/Toaster/Air Fryer replacing the High Point microwave/convection. This Nuwave does not emit much heat on the outside so I felt comfortable with it in a simi-enclosed area (fan installed to move the small amount of heat). I checked the heat on the outside of the oven using my IR gun. The oven was pre-heated to 400 degree and ran for 15 minutes. Temp on outside of oven varied from 101-103. Process:
1) Removed High Point oven.
2) I wanted the new oven raised a couple of inches so I removed the plywood platform with heat shield, added 3 2x2s to the underlying platform and reattached the heat shielded platform.
3) The outlet for the High Point was a single outlet with a dedicated circuit. I needed a double outlet to add the fan. I replaced it with a residential outlet and box (blue box, right side of picture)
4) I used L brackets to attach the small, low speed fan (used for enclosures). Actually, I made Z brackets using 8 L brackets. Attached the brackets and fan to the plywood outside TV support on the back wall.
5) I added an in-line thermostat to the fan (also used in enclosures, cut one wire and attach both ends in-line to the thermostat). I set the thermostat to 95 degrees.
6) I made a vent using black metal gutter guard cut down to fit the existing opening (top of opening in the pictures).
7) Installed the oven and placed L brackets by the 2 from legs and secured the oven with zip-ties.
8) Made a face plate using 1/4 in plywood (cabinet/drawer type) and added half round mold around outside edge and flat mold around opening. The opening of the face plate was cut 2 inches above the top of the oven to allow for venting. The gutter guard screen is the vent. I painted the face plate black. Installed the face plate with 4 wood screws.
9) Tested the oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Fan operated as planned, warm air vented.
10) Made 13 inch pizza!
That looks like a real nice set up. I like Pizza!
Old 08-10-2019, 11:58 AM   #5

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5313
Thanks for the info. We have the 24.1 floorplan. Needed the e450 chassis version for towing drag car all around SE.

Our Highpoint is above stove and I am going to eliminate and put Nuwave unit there. The existing highpoint is mainly used as a storage bin.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:09 PM   #6

THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
Thanks for the info. We have the 24.1 floorplan. Needed the e450 chassis version for towing drag car all around SE.

Our Highpoint is above stove and I am going to eliminate and put Nuwave unit there. The existing highpoint is mainly used as a storage bin.
Smart. It should work well in that area. I have a 2018 Vegas and that's the year they moved the oven down below. That's why I raised it 2 inches. That step won't be necessary for yours. Try to post pics when you get it done. I think you will be happy with the NuWave.