Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-08-2021, 10:17 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Omni furniture

My newly purchased Omni XG32 has theater seats which are not very comfortable and don't recline. I got it knowing how they sat with the expectations of replacing. I'm likely to replace with the RecPro 2 recliner set which will fit nicely in the space. Now the question of getting the original stuff out. I raised the footrests and got on the floor and can see brackets screwed into a chair base and also the floor. It looks like the side panels are held in place to the seat base with 3? hefty screws. Not sure about the backs coming off though but that will be necessary to get them out the door. Anyone who has done this have any particular advice or issues with the removal?

2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 01:32 AM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
This may or may not help you so......

When I had my JackKnife Sofa replaced with the Theater Seats as part of my original deal for my SV34, I do know Thor did not have to remove the dinette window or rear window depending on the coach to get the old furniture out or the Theater seats in. They said that is the route they sometimes have to take with some furniture or the fridge but they did not have to do that in this case.

I would assume that means they do assmble in sections so you should be able to figure out how to get them apart.

The RecPro's install very easily... but you will have to fabricate your own mounting system to the slide. RecPro does not provide mounting options since slides differ from one to the next.
Old 06-09-2021, 02:59 AM   #3

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
This may or may not help you so......

When I had my JackKnife Sofa replaced with the Theater Seats as part of my original deal for my SV34, I do know Thor did not have to remove the dinette window or rear window depending on the coach to get the old furniture out or the Theater seats in. They said that is the route they sometimes have to take with some furniture or the fridge but they did not have to do that in this case.

I would assume that means they do assmble in sections so you should be able to figure out how to get them apart.

The RecPro's install very easily... but you will have to fabricate your own mounting system to the slide. RecPro does not provide mounting options since slides differ from one to the next.
That's good to know and what I expected. We put a 5 piece RecPro sectional recliners in the GFs 5th wheel. Easy assembly but in that case we didn't anchor them down. It should be easy to get them secured in the Omni since it's not in a slide. I'm hoping someone has removed the stock seating and can give their experience on disassembly.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 06-09-2021, 03:29 AM   #4

THOR #22586
Judge on a different note I found out about the satellite antenna that's installed. A few weeks ago a prospective buyer paid to have it installed before closing on it and backed out of the deal. Odd thing is no one mentioned it except for the guy leading the walk thru and that was only casually.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 05-08-2022, 09:27 PM   #5

Model: Omni XG32
State: Idaho
THOR #26774
Lookin* to replace stock recliners in my 22 Omni XG32 with a reclining sofa. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Old 05-09-2022, 10:52 AM   #6

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike9843 View Post
Lookin* to replace stock recliners in my 22 Omni XG32 with a reclining sofa. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
You are basically looking for recliners without the center console or a convertible center console. Take a look at these.....

https://www.recpro.com/recpro-charle...a-rv-loveseat/

https://www.braddandhall.com/Product...idproduct=1492

https://shop4seats.com/rv-furniture/...r-recline.html