Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-02-2017, 03:50 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #8896
My speakers work with my outside tv..but as usual, had to use deductive reasoning to make it work...noticed the tv had 2 rca jacks plugged into audio in on the tv..well that doesn't make sense..so I switched them to the audio out if the tv...since they provided these connection...it only makes sense thst they terminate somewhere..so in this case it should be the rear radio since that plays in the outside speakers...so the rca should be an aux in on the radio...sure enough...aux in 2...now outside speakers play with outside tv...

Old 10-02-2017, 04:03 PM   #42

State: Georgia
THOR #8993
I noticed that also on mine. What model MH do you have? I have an 18 ACE 30.3
Old 10-02-2017, 04:05 PM   #43

THOR #8993
So did you have to swap them on the radio also?
Old 10-02-2017, 04:09 PM   #44

THOR #8896
Quote:
Originally Posted by woneal View Post
So did you have to swap them on the radio also?
Mine's a Outlaw 29h Class C....No just at the rear of the outside TV...swapped from audio in to audio out...The rear radio had to be set on Aux 2....
Old 10-02-2017, 04:17 PM   #45

THOR #8993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama57 View Post
Mine's a Outlaw 29h Class C....No just at the rear of the outside TV...swapped from audio in to audio out...The rear radio had to be set on Aux 2....
Good deal. Thanks a lot. I will try that out
Old 10-02-2017, 04:35 PM   #46

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyg30 View Post
sure, i ended up with the Taotronics Bluetooth 4.1 Transmitter. Picked it up off Amazon. i originally tried the white one from best buy but couldn't get a consistent audio signal.
Is this the one you tried from Best Buy? Can't remember where I bought this, but it works fairly well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Audio TransmitterIMG_0977.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	7215  
Old 10-02-2017, 05:52 PM   #47

Model: Thor Axis
State: Mississippi
THOR #6203
I purchase one of these transmitters to work with the inside living area TV, but I have yet to get it to work!
Someone posted they plugged theirs into the headphone jack, set the unit to transmit then paired it with the Axxera radio via Bluetooth. When I tried this it would pair but I didn't get any sound! I don't know why it worked for him and not me but maybe I'm doing something wrong!
The TV in the living area is not on a articulating mount so it's damn near impossible to reach any of the connections. Why Thor would put the least use TV ( outside) on a articulating mount and not the inside one only Thor knows!
I see from the manual where the audio out ports are located, but can't get to them. Maybe this is where I need to connect the transmitter! What do you think?
Old 10-02-2017, 10:09 PM   #48

THOR #8993
I figured out my problem. The audio cables running to the rear radio (white and red) were not plugged into the radio they were just laying there. Plugged them in to the jacks that were hanging and hit aux 2 on radio and there it was. Thanks to this forum I have fixed a lot of stuff on my 2018 Ace 30.3. Its scary some of the stuff that was not checked at the factory and the dealership. It seems that everyone has the same issues. My outside speaker by the door was also never hooked up from the factory.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:19 PM   #49

Model: 2017 Thor Vegas 25.2
State: Indiana
THOR #7993
Quote:
I figured out my problem. The audio cables running to the rear radio (white and red) were not plugged into the radio they were just laying there. Plugged them in to the jacks that were hanging and hit aux 2 on radio and there it was. Thanks to this forum I have fixed a lot of stuff on my 2018 Ace 30.3. Its scary some of the stuff that was not checked at the factory and the dealership. It seems that everyone has the same issues. My outside speaker by the door was also never hooked up from the factory.
How did you get to the back of the radio?
Old 10-03-2017, 12:27 AM   #50

THOR #8993
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1911 View Post
How did you get to the back of the radio?
On my ace 30.3 the radio is made into the slide part of the bed thats the closest to the back wall. If you put the slide out about half way you can get to the back of the radio from underneath. The red and white audio wires were coming from under the bed and just laying there. I had to plug them into the 2 jack extensions that were hanging down from the radio.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:28 AM   #51

THOR #8993
What model do you have?
Old 10-03-2017, 12:30 AM   #52

THOR #8993
Quote:
On my ace 30.3 the radio is made into the slide part of the bed thats the closest to the back wall. If you put the slide out about half way you can get to the back of the radio from underneath. The red and white audio wires were coming from under the bed and just laying there. I had to plug them into the 2 jack extensions that were hanging down from the radio.
What model do you have?
Old 10-03-2017, 02:24 AM   #53

THOR #8896
Wonder if the blue tooth adapters were necessary afterall...seems if you check the outside tv and it has RCA cables run to it..then it should play thru the outside speakers...might have to connect them or reconnect them...but should work...
Old 10-03-2017, 02:37 AM   #54

Model: 2017 Thor Vegas 25.2
State: Indiana
THOR #7993
Quote:
What model do you have?
It's under my username.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:49 AM   #55

THOR #8993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama57 View Post
Wonder if the blue tooth adapters were necessary afterall...seems if you check the outside tv and it has RCA cables run to it..then it should play thru the outside speakers...might have to connect them or reconnect them...but should work...
In my case I didnt need the bluetooth adapter. I already had ordered it so Im going to use it up front. My set up may be different than others. If you do have RCA cables that are hooked up to your outside TV from the factory I suggest you make sure everything is hooked up correct or in my case is hooked up at all.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:27 PM   #56

THOR #6203
Will be following closely to see how the wireless transmitter works with inside tv and radio. How you connect it and etc.
Please share!
Old 10-03-2017, 04:00 PM   #57

THOR #8993
Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl View Post
Will be following closely to see how the wireless transmitter works with inside tv and radio. How you connect it and etc.
Please share!
No luck on that. I messed with it for an hour lastnight. I got the devices to pair but could not get the sound from the tv. There is no way to switch audio out from the tv to the transmitter. I tried everything I know to try. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:04 PM   #58

THOR #6203
woneal - same problem here. I posted earlier that there are audio out ports on the Seiki but their location makes them impossible to reach unless I take the TV off the wall!
I can't recall who posted that they were able to get the transmitter to work by plugging into the headphone jack. I would love to hear how they were able to make it work!
Old 04-22-2018, 04:19 PM   #59

Model: Chateau 31A
State: Iowa
THOR #3906
My radio will not work with that Jensen App but on a plus mode I took the speakers out and look what I found inside?Click image for larger version

Name:	Screws.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	9847
2014 Passport Grand Touring
2014 Thor Chateau 31A
Sivymp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:00 PM   #60
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onroadagain View Post
Our Thor Ace has two radio speakers mounted on the outside of the Rv, which is a nice feature. But, what's no so nice is that the radio that connects to the speakers is all the way in the back bedroom. If outside, it's an inconvenience to change the station /volume.

My thought is to relocate the stereo unit, either inside the Rv and close to the door/entry way or outside of Rv and in a storage bay.

Has anyone done this? If so, could you tell me how you did it and where you put your unit?

Thanks.
Neil
Agree with everyone else regarding the Jensen app .. also, something you might want to do, is go into the settings and turn off the backlight on that Jensen...it will cause battery drain.
in addition, we have added to our arsenal of addons...an externa/portable l speaker which is Bluetooth to our phone, etc. Works well.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote