Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2020, 06:58 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
Owners of Kelderman Stage 2 Front Air bags

I am seriously considering pulling the trigger for the Kelderman Stage 2 Front Air suspension. My 27K is horrible to drive here in the Republic of Kalifornia because of the concrete slabs being poorly maintained and in some cases poorly installed. I have already changed shocks, added Sumo springs, antisway bars, steering stabilizer and manage air to manufacturer specs based on weights. A new motorhome isn't an affordable option but I need to do something or give up traveling, maybe buy a nice tent.

I would like to get real world opinions from those that have actually purchased the Kelderman system if I can. Installed locally for just under $5K, including Caesar's take for the republic.

My questions are pretty simple, did the Air bag system improve the ride, are you happy with the purchase and would you do it again. Anything else you can add that may help my decision.

Thank you

brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 04:28 PM   #2

State: Arizona
THOR #8356
Kelderman

I was excited to see this thread. Too bad there is no response. I'm considering the same thing. Do you have someone local who can install? Not sure I do in Lake Havasu, AZ

Old 05-29-2020, 05:31 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
Havasudave,

I ordered the fronts several weeks ago from a local shop that was suggested by Kelderman. Industrial Motoring. Kelderman may even still have a sale going, I got lucky and saved 5%.

If you email Kelderman they will get back to you. There is another thread on here that I asked a few more questions.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. I will post results after I get it installed.
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 05:35 PM   #4

State: Arizona
THOR #8356
Thumbs up Waiting to hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucev View Post
Havasudave,

I ordered the fronts several weeks ago from a local shop that was suggested by Kelderman. Industrial Motoring. Kelderman may even still have a sale going, I got lucky and saved 5%.

If you email Kelderman they will get back to you. There is another thread on here that I asked a few more questions.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. I will post results after I get it installed.
I'm anxious to hear how this works. I have essentially the same coach, a Hurricane 30S 2016. I've added all the other mods, heavy sway bars, sumo springs, Koni RV shocks. I can drive it one handed, its not affected by wind and trucks. But it still rides like the truck it is! Good luck and keep us updated!