Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2017, 01:50 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #4160
RV Lock install | Miramar/Challenger/Outlaw

Has anyone changed out their door lock to the RV Lock on their Miramar, Challenger, or Outlaw? It looks like it is the correct size just wondering if anyone has already done it before I spend $250 on something that won't work and/or something I will have problems with. Your thoughts? TIA

https://www.rvlock.com/collections/c...oducts/class-c

Old 03-28-2017, 01:37 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Texas
THOR #1183
My biggest concern would be paint coverage. Would look really bad if not same size or larger than orig.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:50 PM   #3

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
I had a RV lock on my trailer and loved it. Took if the trailer when I traded it for my outlaw and was disappointed that I couldn't use it on the coach. I see that they now have them for motor coaches. Let me know if you order one and it works. I would ,spend the 250 in a second..
Old 03-29-2017, 10:53 PM   #4

THOR #4160
I talked to them and measured my current lock. It will fit according to them and the measurements. I ordered one since they are having a 20% off sale. I'll let everyone know how it goes in the next few weeks.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:39 PM   #5

Model: Challenger 37GT
State: Texas
THOR #2953
New Door Lock for Challenger

I installed this Bauer door lock on my Challenger GT. It fit perfectly. The only downside is you have to change batteries occasionally. I they go dead, you would be locked out of the motor home unless you have your key with you. I am a little paranoid about it so I carry a key with me anytime I lock up, even going to the campground showers.

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Bauer...0342491BB56019
Old 04-03-2017, 01:36 AM   #6

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn0 View Post
I talked to them and measured my current lock. It will fit according to them and the measurements. I ordered one since they are having a 20% off sale. I'll let everyone know how it goes in the next few weeks.
We are interested in the class c/a RVLock. Looking forward to hearing your results and feedback.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:17 AM   #7
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
What concerns me from the picture is the 'common buttons' - 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8... Are there 8 distinct buttons? or 4?
And how many digits does it accept?

The car industry tried this ploy - but it doesn't change the math.
If only 4 buttons - and assuming 4 digit combination, there are only 256 possible combinations (4*4*4*4).
If 8 distinct buttons it is more reasonable but still only 4096 combinations.

If more than 4 digits, the math improves.

The video makes a point of the 'millions of combinations' for the wireless FOB, but not a word about the physical keypad.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:41 PM   #8

THOR #4160
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
What concerns me from the picture is the 'common buttons' - 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8... Are there 8 distinct buttons? or 4?
And how many digits does it accept?

The car industry tried this ploy - but it doesn't change the math.
If only 4 buttons - and assuming 4 digit combination, there are only 256 possible combinations (4*4*4*4).
If 8 distinct buttons it is more reasonable but still only 4096 combinations.

If more than 4 digits, the math improves.

The video makes a point of the 'millions of combinations' for the wireless FOB, but not a word about the physical keypad.
You can have combinations up to 8 digits providing "enhanced" security but in all reality, before someone would go through 256 combinations, I am pretty sure they would just break a window or pry the door open. The key to success with security is in layers and not rely on this device alone.

I received the lock and will be putting in on later this month when I get back home. I will be sure to let everyone know how it goes.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:53 PM   #9

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
I had keyless entry on my Lance from RV Lock and also had keyless entry on my Cougar 5th wheel from RV Lock. At some point in the future I will likely have RV Lock installed on the Class C. You can always secure a key somewhere outside in a remote location for emergencies but I enjoyed having the fob and the keypad when we get back from the beach or four wheeling. Both locks were well made.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:26 PM   #10

THOR #4160
So good news and bad news. I am at the Thor Service Center and I received a new door. The new door is stronger with a new improved door lock/handle. Unfortunately, the door lock is now more vertical and has only one bolt hence the RV Lock will not fit it. *tear

On another note, I am selling a new, never opened RV lock 4.0 for a great price. ;-)
Old 04-13-2017, 03:24 AM   #11

THOR #3789
Just had to replace my door lock a few weeks ago. Put in a new heavy duty touch pad lock. It was just a tad bit smaller put some 1/4 in. wide black racing strip around the out side did the trick for paint cover up.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:55 AM   #12

State: California
THOR #6924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn0 View Post
So good news and bad news. I am at the Thor Service Center and I received a new door. The new door is stronger with a new improved door lock/handle. Unfortunately, the door lock is now more vertical and has only one bolt hence the RV Lock will not fit it. *tear

On another note, I am selling a new, never opened RV lock 4.0 for a great price. ;-)

What year is your RV? I just bought locks for my 2015 Outlaw and I'm getting ready to install.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:35 PM   #13

THOR #4160
2017. The new door has a more vertical handle like you see on the diesel pushers and only has one locking pin. I guess they have had better luck with these.