Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-06-2020, 07:31 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #11074
Satellite TV

Planning on using my RV more this summer. With grandkids etc TV and computer reception is important. Been thinking about looking into Dish etc. Have read that some are having trouble hooking up. Can I hook up to two/three TV's. Will my internet be better. Have reservations in July for Georgia. Reviews say bad internet so that made me think again of purchasing a satellite system. Any help would be appreciated. We have a Class A 30ft motorhome with the bunk beds. 2016. Thanks Irene

Old 06-06-2020, 09:45 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Arkansas
THOR #557
Quote:
Originally Posted by jihealy View Post
Planning on using my RV more this summer. With grandkids etc TV and computer reception is important. Been thinking about looking into Dish etc. Have read that some are having trouble hooking up. Can I hook up to two/three TV's. Will my internet be better. Have reservations in July for Georgia. Reviews say bad internet so that made me think again of purchasing a satellite system. Any help would be appreciated. We have a Class A 30ft motorhome with the bunk beds. 2016. Thanks Irene
Not an expert but do have dish.
I am not a big fan for a couple of reasons. But first a bit of good news.
I have dish at home and getting the extra Joey for the RV is only $7.00 monthly. If you won't be using for several months you can have Dish shut it down. I had the local Dish franchisee install and the did a get job
Would recommend that over CW.

However Dish uses a spot beam for local channels. Once out of the area you won't be getting NBC, CBS, ABC, etc., Unless you call them and have them change the ZIP code and then you will get the local news stations.

Second it certainly seems that starting the system from the new site takes forever. You do have to go into setup to change your location so the dish has a starting point.

The big advantage Dish has over DirecTV is you get HD without putting out a lot of money.

Can't answer your question about internet as I am not familiar.
Good luck and Safe and Happy travels