Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2019, 08:02 AM   #1
Ron

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31D
State: California
THOR #1675
Pull down bunk

Has anyone installed a pull down bunk in a Class A that didn't come with one originally?

Our Hurricane 31H has the master bed in back and originally had a fold out couch up front but I took the couch out and installed a reclining love seat.

Sometimes my wife's mother comes with us and we use an inflatable bed in the living area for her but I was thinking maybe a pull down bunk would be better.

Old 02-28-2019, 03:07 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
seems like you could buy one from thor??? but, check around at the rv salvage places and I bet you could get one on the cheep, you might have to get in the wall and support beams installed to carry the weight... then just make a metal cap to cover it painted same color as the wall..... what really sucks is I would like to take mine out,,,, never use it at all, and never will...but.. I don't keep a coach long enough to take the option of more sleeping away..

Tags
bed, bunk, install, pulldown