Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2019, 05:00 PM   #81

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #8987
Quote:
Originally Posted by sab3864 View Post
What brand recliner did you purchase? Thanks!

mine was purchased from RecPro and was the double recliner with center console 671/4 wide. the Charles series

Old 02-27-2019, 05:20 PM   #82

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Maryland
THOR #12424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipreville View Post
mine was purchased from RecPro and was the double recliner with center console 671/4 wide. the Charles series
Thanks. We have looked at those. But I think we like the Thomas Payne better at this point. How many inches is your door opening?
Old 02-27-2019, 05:25 PM   #83

THOR #8987
Quote:
Originally Posted by sab3864 View Post
Thanks. We have looked at those. But I think we like the Thomas Payne better at this point. How many inches is your door opening?

if i remember correctly it was 23 1/2 inches. no problem getting the recliners in.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:00 PM   #84

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #4816
I too was leaning toward the Thomas Payne until I learned that RecPro had a 3-year warranty and Thomas Payne had 1-year. Of course, upon reading the fine print you may find it doesn't make too much difference. I also liked RecPro's color selection better. I had the RecPro Charles recliners with center console installed and am satisfied with them.
Old 01-06-2020, 07:09 PM   #85

Model: Four Winds 31L
State: Ohio
THOR #17753
How about the slide floor.

We too are thinking of replacing the tri-fold air bed/love seat with recliners. As others have said, the width is 66 inches, but our love seat is on a slide out that is only 33 inches deep and these Thomas Payne units require at least 37-38 inches. That means the recliner base will hang over the edge of the slide by 4 or 5 inches. What has anyone done to stabilize the recliners unit without interfering with the slide movement.

Hahnmark25
Old 01-07-2020, 12:47 AM   #86

THOR #8987
[QUOTE=hahnmark25;218370]We too are thinking of replacing the tri-fold air bed/love seat with recliners. As others have said, the width is 66 inches, but our love seat is on a slide out that is only 33 inches deep and these Thomas Payne units require at least 37-38 inches. That means the recliner base will hang over the edge of the slide by 4 or 5 inches. What has anyone done to stabilize the recliners unit without interfering with the slide movement.

I extended the slide out floor just enough to catch the front base of the recliners. Not difficult and has not been an issue
Old 01-07-2020, 12:50 AM   #87

THOR #8987
Recliner

I extended the side out floor just enough to to support the recliners. Not a problem and has not been an issue.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:54 AM   #88

THOR #17753
replace couch with recliners

Thank you. I was thinking about putting a 3/8" plywood sheet on top of the slide and cutting it to fit the recliners. It may nee to be supported with a two by four on its side.

Hahnkmark25
Old 03-09-2020, 01:06 PM   #89

THOR #17753
recliners are in

We just finished replacing the loveseat in our 31L with the double recliner with console, The Charles Series from RecPro. No problems whatsoever, it came in 5 pieces that fit through the 22 inch door opening easily. It took about 2 hours to get the old loveseat out and the new recliners in, longer to remove the old loveseat/sleeper than putting the new piece in.

The only small issue was the depth of the slide, which was 33 inches. When we placed the recliners in with enough room behind to recline, the front of the frame hung over the slide by about 2 inches. I cut a piece of 1/2 inch X 3 inch piece of wood and glued it on to the edge of the slide. This kept it from tipping when leaning forward. The literature says this unit is 67 inches, but it easily slid into the 66 and 1/4 inch space available, with about 1/2 inch to spare. Looks like it came with the motorhome!!
Old 03-17-2020, 03:26 PM   #90

State: Virginia
THOR #13629
What do I use as a table NOW?

Ok, I had the dinette replaced with a 67" RecPro Loveseat set. So now the question...what do I use to eat? Do I get some TV trays? A couple of bean-bag lap desks? I am looking forward to trying it out soon (After the COVID-19 scuttled my plans for this weekend..) but I am not sure what to use when eating breakfast or dinner in the RV.

Little help?
Old 03-17-2020, 03:39 PM   #91

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
Go outside
Old 03-17-2020, 03:51 PM   #92

State: Virginia
THOR #13629
Talking ok...but you might not like it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh.vines@att.net View Post
Go outside
so I make coffee for the wife before getting dressed and having my shower. where do you camp so I can set up right next to you?

Old 03-17-2020, 03:54 PM   #93

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #4816
We bought a couple of light weight TV trays. In our Vegas 24.1, they fit nicely behind the recliners. We also use the rectangular table between the two front seats for dining.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:39 AM   #94

Model: Axis 24.1
State: California
THOR #14093
Hello Everyone,
Just last weekend I have replaced the sofa bed in my 2015 Thor Axis 24.1 with double recliner sofa from Shop4Seats. To match the set I have also purchased 2 captain chairs as well. The new reclines fit the space perfectly. They are 68" long. The door opening on Axis is 23.5" wide. All elements went thru that door without any issues. The recliner set contains 3 elements: LT recliner, middle console and RT recliner. They were easy to install. In my opinion Shop4Seats have the largest selection of RV furniture. They are made with good quality Ultraleather. Photos attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Old sofa.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	23115   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sofa removed.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	23116  

Name:	Installation.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	23117   Click image for larger version

Name:	Double recliner.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	23118  

Name:	Open console.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	23119   Click image for larger version

Name:	RT chair reclined.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	23120  

Name:	Passenger chair.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	23121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver chair.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	23122  

Old 04-02-2020, 01:15 PM   #95

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh.vines@att.net View Post
Can you put recliners in the axis 25.2
You can put recliners any where you want. Lazyboy has removable backs. Don't need RV specific furniture. I replaced mine with Ashley non remove able backs.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:00 PM   #96
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysiek View Post
Hello Everyone,
Just last weekend I have replaced the sofa bed in my 2015 Thor Axis 24.1 with double recliner sofa from Shop4Seats. To match the set I have also purchased 2 captain chairs as well. The new reclines fit the space perfectly. They are 68" long. The door opening on Axis is 23.5" wide. All elements went thru that door without any issues. The recliner set contains 3 elements: LT recliner, middle console and RT recliner. They were easy to install. In my opinion Shop4Seats have the largest selection of RV furniture. They are made with good quality Ultraleather. Photos attached.
Looks good. I'm waiting on Shop4Seats to ship my new captains chairs that I ordered Feb 6 and were supposed to ship Mar 30.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:43 PM   #97

THOR #14093
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Looks good. I'm waiting on Shop4Seats to ship my new captains chairs that I ordered Feb 6 and were supposed to ship Mar 30.
According to sale rep, they are extremely busy. When I ordered my set on Jan 28th I was told that it will take about 2 months to get them. They arrived as promised on March 27th.
Old 04-16-2020, 01:25 AM   #98
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Well, my seats finally shipped and arrived Monday. Neither seat was built as I specified. I ordered the passenger seat with the heated seat option and the driver's seat with manual lumbar support. They put both options in one seat and no options in the other seat.

I notified them immediately via email of the problem asking for a resolution. I got a quick reply asking for a picture of the seat showing both options installed which I immediately provided to them.

After hearing nothing back yesterday I sent another email asking again for their plan to resolve this problem. Another 24 hours later and still nothing from them so I have initiated a chargeback for the order with my credit card company as the Fair Credit Billing Act requires any charge disputes be initiated within 60 days of receiving the statement on which the charge appears. Since they charged my credit card when I ordered on 6 Feb I was up against the wall with the 60 day limit to protect my consumer rights.

Hopefully they'll make this right but I'm not paying for what I did not order and I'm not gonna wait another two months. I'll let you know how it works out.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 05:15 PM   #99

THOR #14093
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Well, my seats finally shipped and arrived Monday. Neither seat was built as I specified. I ordered the passenger seat with the heated seat option and the driver's seat with manual lumbar support. They put both options in one seat and no options in the other seat.

I notified them immediately via email of the problem asking for a resolution. I got a quick reply asking for a picture of the seat showing both options installed which I immediately provided to them.

After hearing nothing back yesterday I sent another email asking again for their plan to resolve this problem. Another 24 hours later and still nothing from them so I have initiated a chargeback for the order with my credit card company as the Fair Credit Billing Act requires any charge disputes be initiated within 60 days of receiving the statement on which the charge appears. Since they charged my credit card when I ordered on 6 Feb I was up against the wall with the 60 day limit to protect my consumer rights.

Hopefully they'll make this right but I'm not paying for what I did not order and I'm not gonna wait another two months. I'll let you know how it works out.
Hello 16ACE27,
Well, you have more issues than I have with my order. I like the quality and the way the furniture looks in Axis but the armrests problem on one of my chair still exist (they do not stay in horizontal position, almost touching the seat). And I have not heard from them for more than a week now. I also question the way both recliners work. They do not stay in "flat" position. If I just move slightly the seat moves forward. I do not plan to sleep on the recliners but it would be nice to stretch a little. The person I am dealing with tried to explain to me that this is the way recliner work. The more I think about it the more suspicious I am. I need to get hold of another user from our Forum, who purchased recliners from Shop4Seats to verify that. Do you know if they have a showroom in their store/factory in La Habra? I sent them email last night. Nothing so far. I did really good research on RV furniture before I selected Shop4Seats but I could not find any negative post or comment about them at that time. I will keep you posted on the issue as well.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:01 AM   #100

THOR #14093
Hello 16ACE27,
Well, I got incredible news today. Shop4Seats called me to let me know that they will replace the driver side captain chair and our manual double recliner with new power double recliner... FREE OF CHARGE! Just now received an email confirming the order. The only thing is, the order will arrive at my house on June 15th. I was speechless I really have not expected this to happen. I have never asked for this to happen. I thought, I will get replacement armrests and will have to live with not fully reclined sofa in our coach.
Well, I call this an excellent service. I do not know who your rep was but if you can, please call Angela Allen at (562) 393-5112. She was helping me.
I hope you can get your issues resolved quickly and to your satisfaction. Please, let us know.