Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-21-2020, 10:58 AM   #101

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29H
State: New York
THOR #15098
power or manual recliners?

I've asked this before, but thought I'd put it out there to get a couple varying opinions. If the recliners mentioned in this thread are power-operated, and you are boon-docking, how do you operate the chair to recline and fold it up again? I looked at the RecPro website, and the power chairs all require 120 v/ac, which means that your generator needs to be operating because you're not plugged into shore power. So how do you operate the chair to get out of it after sleeping in it all night?

Old 04-21-2020, 12:46 PM   #102
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysiek View Post
Hello 16ACE27,
Well, I got incredible news today. Shop4Seats called me to let me know that they will replace the driver side captain chair and our manual double recliner with new power double recliner... FREE OF CHARGE! Just now received an email confirming the order. The only thing is, the order will arrive at my house on June 15th. I was speechless I really have not expected this to happen. I have never asked for this to happen. I thought, I will get replacement armrests and will have to live with not fully reclined sofa in our coach.
Well, I call this an excellent service. I do not know who your rep was but if you can, please call Angela Allen at (562) 393-5112. She was helping me.
I hope you can get your issues resolved quickly and to your satisfaction. Please, let us know.
Glad to hear you got some response. Supposedly they have a showroom in Texas but not at the California location.

I finally got a response after informing them of my chargeback request with my CC company. They sent a return label for the chair with no options so they can install the lumbar support in that chair and I'll keep te chair as is with both options in it. I shipped the chair back on Friday: they expect it to be back to me in 3 to 4 weeks.

I'm holding off on the installs until I have both chairs ready to be installed.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 04:16 PM   #103

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1951 View Post
I've asked this before, but thought I'd put it out there to get a couple varying opinions. If the recliners mentioned in this thread are power-operated, and you are boon-docking, how do you operate the chair to recline and fold it up again? I looked at the RecPro website, and the power chairs all require 120 v/ac, which means that your generator needs to be operating because you're not plugged into shore power. So how do you operate the chair to get out of it after sleeping in it all night?
Most (or many) RVs now have an on-board inverter which converts DC chassis battery 12V power to AC 120V power.

So you would need to ensure that you are connected to an Inverter powered outlet for boon-docking.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:31 PM   #104
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
We've been looking to replace our couch for almost a year.
When the 2020 Wayfarers were released: we saw that they offered factory recliners in the size that we need. (52") We called the factory, and they can be installed in our 2019 model, and they can get the material to match ours!
So we're saving our quarters, and waiting for the factory to re-open!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:07 AM   #105

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #14093
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Glad to hear you got some response. Supposedly they have a showroom in Texas but not at the California location.

I finally got a response after informing them of my chargeback request with my CC company. They sent a return label for the chair with no options so they can install the lumbar support in that chair and I'll keep te chair as is with both options in it. I shipped the chair back on Friday: they expect it to be back to me in 3 to 4 weeks.

I'm holding off on the installs until I have both chairs ready to be installed.
That is a good news as well. Installing both captain chairs is a simple job. You will be done in no time and 3-4 weeks of waiting is not that bad.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:47 AM   #106

THOR #14093
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
Most (or many) RVs now have an on-board inverter which converts DC chassis battery 12V power to AC 120V power.

So you would need to ensure that you are connected to an Inverter powered outlet for boon-docking.
The set I have ordered from Shop4Seats is manual. Due to some issues with the reclining mechanism I will be sending both recliners back. The replacement double recliner will have the power option this time. Manual recliners are very limited when it comes to locking positions. Power option will give you unlimited number of locking positions. I would higly recommend that option. When it comes to powering them, inverter is one of the options. Unfortunatelly our 2015 Axis does not have one. So, at some point I will buy portable battery pack for recliners. This one sells on Amazon for $99.00.

Limoss Battery Pack for Reclining Furniture with Charger - Rechargeable Power Pack for Power Sofas/Loveseats/Lift Chairs/Recliners/Sectionals - Recliner Battery Pack - Ashley - Flexstell - ZB-B1800 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NV3LSZJ..._ro.NEbM6BKTCN
Old 04-22-2020, 10:36 AM   #107

THOR #15098
Thanks for the power tips. I'll have to look over the wiring schematic to see where an outlet is that I can use. I'm almost sure there is an inverter in the rig. Maybe somebody can give me a hint. It's a 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:36 PM   #108

THOR #15098
power or manual recliners?

Got in touch w/Thor re/power recliners, and they said that my Outlaw does have an inverter in it, and that it is for powering the TV's, but that it is only 1000 watt. They recommend an 1800 watt in order to provide sufficient power. Is this the straight skinny or what?
Old 05-08-2020, 11:27 PM   #109

Model: Thor Outlaw 38RE
State: West Virginia
THOR #17154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysiek View Post
Hello Everyone,
Just last weekend I have replaced the sofa bed in my 2015 Thor Axis 24.1 with double recliner sofa from Shop4Seats. To match the set I have also purchased 2 captain chairs as well. The new reclines fit the space perfectly. They are 68" long. The door opening on Axis is 23.5" wide. All elements went thru that door without any issues. The recliner set contains 3 elements: LT recliner, middle console and RT recliner. They were easy to install. In my opinion Shop4Seats have the largest selection of RV furniture. They are made with good quality Ultraleather. Photos attached.
Hello! Where did you get the trays? Are they options for the seats? Or did you buy them separately?
Good Sam member
FMCA member
WearyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:08 AM   #110

THOR #14093
Quote:
Originally Posted by WearyTraveler View Post
Hello! Where did you get the trays? Are they options for the seats? Or did you buy them separately?
This double recliner sofa comes with the 2 trays. I was pleasantly surprised when the furniture arrived. This model is called Qualitex Monaco Double Recliner Sofa with Ultraleather. I highly recommend ordering the sofa with the power option. Please, see mine earlier comments.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:30 AM   #111

State: Wisconsin
THOR #15478
Has anyone replaced the jackknife sofa in a FourWinds Class C 31E? We have a 2018! We would just like something with footrests! Wouldn’t have to recline!
Old 05-09-2020, 12:54 PM   #112
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
Welcome to the forum.
Are you looking to fill the entire space with recliners? What is the length of your current sofa? You might find that you'll have some space left over for a table...
Old 05-09-2020, 04:56 PM   #113

THOR #10707
Ottoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJDAKAN View Post
Has anyone replaced the jackknife sofa in a FourWinds Class C 31E? We have a 2018! We would just like something with footrests! Wouldn’t have to recline!

CW carries an inexpensive, lightweight storage ottoman. Picture shows with slide in; still room to walk around. Or can set ottoman on the bed. Ottoman has two foldable storage containers inside. (2018 Axis 24.1.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1C615372-A5EA-421E-99FB-22510E9C816C.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	23648  
Old 05-09-2020, 10:33 PM   #114

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Illinois
THOR #7230
We have a 2017 31W Four Winds.
Here is the remodel I did. Removed the dinette and the jack knife sofa. I installed two recliners where the dinette was and a new cabinet in place of the sofa
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	191D809A-A3D2-4978-BEA2-D7C71C7AC9ED.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	23655   Click image for larger version

Name:	FEBD2173-59B0-4986-8546-E3A8BFD0DC05.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	23656  

Name:	B4E37C50-775F-4BD5-8CA4-3552084077EF.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	23657   Click image for larger version

Name:	063ED440-6C60-4A33-BC70-BDFE4196F11E.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	23658  

Old 05-09-2020, 11:13 PM   #115

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacouser View Post
We have a 2017 31W Four Winds.
Here is the remodel I did. Removed the dinette and the jack knife sofa. I installed two recliners where the dinette was and a new cabinet in place of the sofa
Very creative & looks functional.
I like the TV elevator.
Thanks for sharing your mod.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:40 PM   #116

THOR #15098
Just how green am I?

So, it finally dawned on me to look in the owner's manual. Lo and behold, right in the section re/the inverter, it says to TURN THE INVERTER ON to supply 120 volts AC from the house batteries! Wow, why didn't I think of that? So I'm gonna pull the trigger on a couple Rec Pro power operated recliners. I'll probably mount a 2-plug receptacle behind the chairs, and attach a single power cord to that box that runs up the wall, plugging it into the receptacle under the cabinet over the sink. Plug in to use if I'm boon docking and TURN THE INVERTER ON to operate the chairs. I think now the only other obstacle I"ll have to overcome is how to shim the chair bottoms up from the part of the floor that doesn't move when I extend the slide out. The post I wrote about the inverter supplying enough wattage seems to be a moot point. The nice lady at Rec Pro sent me a picture of the legend on the chair motor. It says 28 volts and 2 amps. Obviously the chair steps down the voltage coming in from 120 to 28 volts. And at 2 amps, that's only 56 watts. If anybody reads this and figures this is not right, please let me know. Cheers, Omar
Old 05-19-2020, 08:49 PM   #117
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1951 View Post
So, it finally dawned on me to look in the owner's manual. Lo and behold, right in the section re/the inverter, it says to TURN THE INVERTER ON to supply 120 volts AC from the house batteries! Wow, why didn't I think of that? So I'm gonna pull the trigger on a couple Rec Pro power operated recliners. I'll probably mount a 2-plug receptacle behind the chairs, and attach a single power cord to that box that runs up the wall, plugging it into the receptacle under the cabinet over the sink. Plug in to use if I'm boon docking and TURN THE INVERTER ON to operate the chairs. I think now the only other obstacle I"ll have to overcome is how to shim the chair bottoms up from the part of the floor that doesn't move when I extend the slide out. The post I wrote about the inverter supplying enough wattage seems to be a moot point. The nice lady at Rec Pro sent me a picture of the legend on the chair motor. It says 28 volts and 2 amps. Obviously the chair steps down the voltage coming in from 120 to 28 volts. And at 2 amps, that's only 56 watts. If anybody reads this and figures this is not right, please let me know. Cheers, Omar
Standard military procedure - If all else fails, read the instructions.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:46 PM   #118

Model: Windsport 35M
State: Texas
THOR #15368
We are also planning on replacing our existing couch with a 3 recliner theater seating couch. We can't find exactly what we want in the Thomas Payne collections, but have found the the exact couch we want in the RecPro Charles collection. Does anybody have any experience with RecPro? Good or bad? Most of the reviews are good, but sometimes those are bought and paid for.

Look forward to your comments.
Old 05-21-2020, 12:30 PM   #119

State: Virginia
THOR #13629
I can assure you my info is not "bought and paid for" (I WISH!!). My experience with RecPro was outstanding! Ordering was easy, and we had it shipped directly to the installer (we had to have our fingers removed). Well, one piece arrived damaged, with a year in the front corner of the recliner base. One call to RecPro and an email with a photo of the damage, and the new one was on the way, with the instructions to put the old one back in the box and ship it back. Because the installer saw the damage and kept the box, they used that to ship it back. The two parts passed en route, and the replacement part was there the next day. They are very comfortable...enough to sleep in! We are very happy!
Old 05-21-2020, 04:51 PM   #120

Model: Windsport 35M
State: Texas
THOR #15368
Quote:
Originally Posted by vt800c View Post
I can assure you my info is not "bought and paid for" (I WISH!!). My experience with RecPro was outstanding! Ordering was easy, and we had it shipped directly to the installer (we had to have our fingers removed). Well, one piece arrived damaged, with a year in the front corner of the recliner base. One call to RecPro and an email with a photo of the damage, and the new one was on the way, with the instructions to put the old one back in the box and ship it back. Because the installer saw the damage and kept the box, they used that to ship it back. The two parts passed en route, and the replacement part was there the next day. They are very comfortable...enough to sleep in! We are very happy!
Thanks vt800c! I was not insinuating that anyone on the forum would provide a "bought and paid for" review. Quite the contrary, and that was the whole point. I expected to get the whole truth and nothing but the truth from this group,be it good bad or indifferent.

Looks like several of the folks on this thread have ordered and installed furniture from RecPro and I have not seen anything but good comments.

We are going to pull the trigger on the RecPro Charles Wall Hugger Theater Seating 3 Recliner Couch.
Name:  2701a78b-14c3-4cae-85f1-d787a1cab1d2.__CR0,0,2000,2000_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  7.1 KB
I'll send actual pics after the installation.

Thanks for your input!!