Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-22-2020, 03:37 PM   #121

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: California
THOR #14093
Quote:
Originally Posted by vt800c View Post
I can assure you my info is not "bought and paid for" (I WISH!!). My experience with RecPro was outstanding! Ordering was easy, and we had it shipped directly to the installer (we had to have our fingers removed). Well, one piece arrived damaged, with a year in the front corner of the recliner base. One call to RecPro and an email with a photo of the damage, and the new one was on the way, with the instructions to put the old one back in the box and ship it back. Because the installer saw the damage and kept the box, they used that to ship it back. The two parts passed en route, and the replacement part was there the next day. They are very comfortable...enough to sleep in! We are very happy!
I have seen a lot of good comments from RecPro customers but please, take a look (if you have not done that already) at Shop4Seats. When I was shopping for double recliner sofa and 2 captain chairs for my 2015 Axis 24.1 I looked everywhere. For me, Shop4Seats had the largest selection of RV furniture. After I installed the furniture there were some issues with the reclines and one of the captain chairs. After several unsuccessful attempts to correct the problem, Shop4Seats decided not only to replace recliners and the chair with the new set but also upgraded my manual double sofa recliner with the power option for both seats and shipping back the defective one, free of charge. I should be getting new furniture in about 3 weeks.

Old 05-22-2020, 03:40 PM   #122
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
The good companies will always stand behind their product... congratulations!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 03:43 AM   #123

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #5494
Hello DOC I have the 2016 25.2 Vegas. Not a fan of the couch. Fresh water tank under the couch. Can you send me any pics of your recliners. The underside of them. I have got to figure out a better seating arrangement in place of the couch. Your recliners look awesome!
Thank you,
Chuck
Old 05-27-2020, 02:17 PM   #124

Model: Outlaw 29H
THOR #15098
Just how green am I?

Looked through all the responses for installing recliners, and nobody besides me is looking to or has installed them in an Outlaw. It's class C 29H. I would love to know how the chairs are fastened to the floor. The slide out moves 16.5". I haven't removed the jackknife couch, so I can't tell which part of the floor moves when the slide out is extended. As it stands, I'm guessing I'll have to install some sort of shim, on the floor that allows the chairs to move with the slide out while not dragging across the stationary part of the floor. Anybody have any insight? BTW, I suppose there's a good possibility that the jackknife couch frame is attached to the back and 2 side walls, which means I'd have to build some sort of platform and attach the chairs to that. Just not sure at this point.
Old 05-27-2020, 03:22 PM   #125
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1951 View Post
Looked through all the responses for installing recliners, and nobody besides me is looking to or has installed them in an Outlaw. It's class C 29H. I would love to know how the chairs are fastened to the floor. The slide out moves 16.5". I haven't removed the jackknife couch, so I can't tell which part of the floor moves when the slide out is extended. As it stands, I'm guessing I'll have to install some sort of shim, on the floor that allows the chairs to move with the slide out while not dragging across the stationary part of the floor. Anybody have any insight? BTW, I suppose there's a good possibility that the jackknife couch frame is attached to the back and 2 side walls, which means I'd have to build some sort of platform and attach the chairs to that. Just not sure at this point.
Take a look under your couch--shouldn't have to remove it. To see if there is any extended floor below it? I'm guessing it is probably setup like our Axis is with a good 18" or so of floor in addition to the slide floor that the couch rests on.

In our case there are wood strips that are bolted to the slide floor. Then the recliners are attatched to the wood strips.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-10-03 15.42.39.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	23932
In this picture look under the left recliner you can see the black strip of wood with the bolts in it.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:45 PM   #126

Model: Magnitude SV34
State: Texas
THOR #16368
Interested in the Same for Magnitude

We have an "opposite of deep seat" couch that is difficult to get comfortable on. We would love to replace it with two recliners, but unsure how to do that. There are two heater vents in the bottom of the couch. How could those be "re-worked" into the recliners? Thank you!
Old 06-02-2020, 12:34 PM   #127

Model: Outlaw 29H
THOR #15098
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Take a look under your couch--shouldn't have to remove it. To see if there is any extended floor below it? I'm guessing it is probably setup like our Axis is with a good 18" or so of floor in addition to the slide floor that the couch rests on.

In our case there are wood strips that are bolted to the slide floor. Then the recliners are attatched to the wood strips.
Attachment 23932
In this picture look under the left recliner you can see the black strip of wood with the bolts in it.
I have a question regarding your picture. I see the operating mechanism is located on the inside of the arm. Are your seats mechanically or power operated? I ask because I'm wondering where the button is located for the power-operated seats. This would determine what kind of room I need to install two chairs and a center console. If the operating button is on the inside of the arm, I won't need to buy chairs that allow room to reach the buttons, in case they are on the outside of the arm. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:49 PM   #128

Model: Windsport
State: Arkansas
THOR #557
Quick question,
How much room do you have with the slide in? Enough to recline enough for my 1:00pm nap?
Old 06-07-2020, 01:58 AM   #129

State: Virginia
THOR #13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhamilton001 View Post
Quick question,
How much room do you have with the slide in? Enough to recline enough for my 1:00pm nap?
One of my 2recliners is in front of the door, so my 5'9" can attach out with the slide in. The other opens up all the way, but my feet hit the drawers of the galley.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:51 AM   #130

Model: Windsport
State: Arkansas
THOR #557
Thanks, at 6'3" guess I need to stick to the couch.
I have a windsport 27b and the bed isn't useable without putting out the slide
Old 06-29-2020, 09:22 PM   #131

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #19029
Love it! Where did you get those? Did you install them yourself? Thx
Old 06-29-2020, 09:38 PM   #132
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsy57 View Post
Love it! Where did you get those? Did you install them yourself? Thx
The quote feature makes it easy to see who you are directing your questions to.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:59 PM   #133

Model: Magnitude SV34
THOR #16368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
We have an "opposite of deep seat" couch that is difficult to get comfortable on. We would love to replace it with two recliners, but unsure how to do that. There are two heater vents in the bottom of the couch. How could those be "re-worked" into the recliners? Thank you!
Anybody in here with a Magnitude or Omni talking about switching jack knife couch for double recliner sofa, etc? My post got moved over here but I find nothing of relevance here. Please help!
Old 07-08-2020, 01:37 PM   #134

Model: 24.1
State: Iowa
THOR #18773
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Our recliners went in as three sections, right recliner, left recliner and center console.

WP_20160115_17_01_04_Pro.jpgWP_20160115_16_44_32_Pro.jpg

Doc
That's what I want to do--just bought an used 24.1 and the couch is in terrible shape. Where did you get yours and what is the brand?
Old 07-08-2020, 02:53 PM   #135
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenMN View Post
That's what I want to do--just bought an used 24.1 and the couch is in terrible shape. Where did you get yours and what is the brand?
I believe Doc's came from Camping World.

I did the same thing (and the recliners also came in 3 sections: the two chairs and the center piece). My requirement was that the couch still be able to seat 3 people so I went with the Monaco Double recliners from shop4seats.com.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:03 PM   #136

THOR #19029
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I believe Doc's came from Camping World.

I did the same thing (and the recliners also came in 3 sections: the two chairs and the center piece). My requirement was that the couch still be able to seat 3 people so I went with the Monaco Double recliners from shop4seats.com.
I saw this one also but its 68 wide and our opening is only 67 so we went with one on recpro. We haven't received it yet; just ordered yesterday. We have the 2016 Thor Vegas and are still concerned about the width being so near to What we measured the slide to be. Good.luck with yours. Hopefully we will both be overjoyed with our choices.

Question for anyone out here who may know...we got the powered option. Will we needs jacks for the slide now? Thx
Old 07-08-2020, 05:06 PM   #137

THOR #19029
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1951 View Post
I have a question regarding your picture. I see the operating mechanism is located on the inside of the arm. Are your seats mechanically or power operated? I ask because I'm wondering where the button is located for the power-operated seats. This would determine what kind of room I need to install two chairs and a center console. If the operating button is on the inside of the arm, I won't need to buy chairs that allow room to reach the buttons, in case they are on the outside of the arm. Thanks for your help.
Ours has the reclining button on the cupholder. We got Ours from recpro.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:24 PM   #138
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsy57 View Post
I saw this one also but its 68 wide and our opening is only 67 so we went with one on recpro. We haven't received it yet; just ordered yesterday. We have the 2016 Thor Vegas and are still concerned about the width being so near to What we measured the slide to be. Good.luck with yours. Hopefully we will both be overjoyed with our choices.

Question for anyone out here who may know...we got the powered option. Will we needs jacks for the slide now? Thx
We have the same RV (24.1) it fits.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:31 PM   #139

THOR #19029
Hi there. Did you have to remove the thing that holds the tsbles and posts located behind the loveseat/sleeper? I'm thinking we may need to make some depth accommodations. :/
Old 07-08-2020, 09:32 PM   #140
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
All we had to do was move the table posts so that the recliners could recline.

Name:	2017-09-30 09.34.29.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	24713

Name:	2017-10-03 15.38.36.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	24714