Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2017, 10:42 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Class C / Chateau 31L
State: Iowa
THOR #1763
We have the same unit. Chateau 31L. We had 66 inches exact I'm pretty sure. We took our couch out and ordered the Theater seating Thomas Payne modular wall hugger L & R arm and center counsel. Lippert Components. Each chair was 29 inches and the center was 8 inches. We ordered the right arm and center first because I called and they couldn't be exact on the 29 inches. They said due to cushion on the arms it could be smaller or slightly larger. They fit perfectly. (If they didn't I was going to put a different chair on the other end). We just ordered the other chair. It's just the 2 of us and we never used the couch for a bed. We have a big bed over the cab anyway. We couldn't be happier to put the chairs in. I'll put before and after photos next week when we finish up putting the other chair in. The couch came apart easily to get it out and the chairs come apart too.

Old 04-20-2017, 11:52 AM   #42

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoandRandy View Post
We have the same unit. Chateau 31L. We had 66 inches exact I'm pretty sure. We took our couch out and ordered the Theater seating Thomas Payne modular wall hugger L & R arm and center counsel. Lippert Components. Each chair was 29 inches and the center was 8 inches. We ordered the right arm and center first because I called and they couldn't be exact on the 29 inches. They said due to cushion on the arms it could be smaller or slightly larger. They fit perfectly. (If they didn't I was going to put a different chair on the other end). We just ordered the other chair. It's just the 2 of us and we never used the couch for a bed. We have a big bed over the cab anyway. We couldn't be happier to put the chairs in. I'll put before and after photos next week when we finish up putting the other chair in. The couch came apart easily to get it out and the chairs come apart too.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to seeing pictures. Could you verify the 66"?
Old 04-21-2017, 10:09 PM   #43

THOR #1763
Recliners to replace the couch on our 31L Chateau

The width we had to work with was 66 inches. The chairs were 29 inches and the center was 8 inches. The backs come off on all three pieces and fit through the door fine. It turned out that we actually have about an inch to spare. It's a wall hugger so you only need about 3 inches from the wall. We took off the decorative shades from the window. We also moved two of the little round coasters about two inches back on the frame from each chair so we could move it from the wall a little further. We put two L braces on to keep it in place better. We are happier and it is much more comfortable than the couch. And watching TV/movies will be nice. They are not cheap. $600.00 each and $200 for the center piece. I found cheaper ones but nothing that would fit our unit. The last photo with my husband as my model was with the slide in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JDS_7614.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	4663   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170421_142248.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	4664  

Name:	20170421_142419.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	4665   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170421_143159.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	4666  

Old 04-22-2017, 12:32 PM   #44

THOR #1763
31L Chateau added shelf unit in an unused space

Another thing I wanted to do was use the space by the door. I used it for spray cans and such. I measured the space, my dad cut the wood, we put it together and stained it. Attached it with two L braces so no holes anywhere and we can take it off too. The fire extinguisher was on the wall so we took it off and it fits on the bottom shelf just fine. It was wasted space and now extra shelves. The next thing is to replace the rear exit window with an exit window that opens with screen.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JDS_7616.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	4677  
Old 04-22-2017, 03:40 PM   #45

THOR #2020
Quote:
Another thing I wanted to do was use the space by the door. I used it for spray cans and such. I measured the space, my dad cut the wood, we put it together and stained it. Attached it with two L braces so no holes anywhere and we can take it off too. The fire extinguisher was on the wall so we took it off and it fits on the bottom shelf just fine. It was wasted space and now extra shelves. The next thing is to replace the rear exit window with an exit window that opens with screen.

I've got a project now. Really looks useful. Thanks for sharing. Great to have another 31L user on here.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:41 PM   #46

THOR #2020
Quote:
The width we had to work with was 66 inches. The chairs were 29 inches and the center was 8 inches. The backs come off on all three pieces and fit through the door fine. It turned out that we actually have about an inch to spare. It's a wall hugger so you only need about 3 inches from the wall. We took off the decorative shades from the window. We also moved two of the little round coasters about two inches back on the frame from each chair so we could move it from the wall a little further. We put two L braces on to keep it in place better. We are happier and it is much more comfortable than the couch. And watching TV/movies will be nice. They are not cheap. $600.00 each and $200 for the center piece. I found cheaper ones but nothing that would fit our unit. The last photo with my husband as my model was with the slide in.

Just finished measuring and we also have 66". Great to know they will fit. Adding this to the todo list. Thanks for the pictures.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:01 PM   #47

THOR #1763
Your welcome. We are so happy with the chairs. Were going to put a thin side table on the side of the chair behind the drivers seat. There is about 6 inches of wasted space and it will be movable due to when the slide is in. I'll put another photo on when we get done with that. I'm thinking I need to design my own motor home. If only I was rich. :-)
Old 04-25-2017, 05:30 PM   #48

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Colorado
THOR #4306
Recliners that Fits!!!

OK. now I have a great, confi recliner! But what do you do with the Sleeper Sofa you take out!? Try to sell it on Craigslist to Tiny House fans?
Old 04-25-2017, 08:36 PM   #49

THOR #1763
Well, for us it was easy. We have a room we built onto the house that is kinda like a three season but never freezes. We had wicker furniture in it now it has a couch that turns into a bed. Funny thing is, the couch is a lot more comfortable in that room than it was in the RV. Maybe it was position of the tv straight in front of the couch and up high.
If we didn't have that room? There are FB groups for remodeling RV's so maybe there would be a good place to try to sell.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:47 PM   #50

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #9427
question on vegas 24.2

I have the 24.2 no bed just couch,does anyone know if I can change couch out and put bunk beds or any kind of bed in that place the couch it's in slide area? If not I have to sell to get bed for grand kids. Thank you
Old 10-08-2017, 07:30 PM   #51
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pugs View Post
I have the 24.2 no bed just couch,does anyone know if I can change couch out and put bunk beds or any kind of bed in that place the couch it's in slide area? If not I have to sell to get bed for grand kids. Thank you
Where do you sleep? The couch turns into a bed and you have the drop down bed over the cab. Looks like you could sleep yourself, SO and 2 grandkids, no problem.

If not, didn't you take sleeping the grandkids into account when you bought this coach?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:07 PM   #52

THOR #8933
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Our recliners went in as three sections, right recliner, left recliner and center console.

WP_20160115_17_01_04_Pro.jpgWP_20160115_16_44_32_Pro.jpg

Doc
I know your post is older, but I'm hoping you can answer. Is the covering on the Lippert Heritage recliners slippery? My wife wants to avoid the slippery covering on the couch in the 24.1.

Thanks!
Bill
Old 10-17-2017, 12:44 AM   #53

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Bill,
No, it is not slippery at all. Very soft, quite comfortable and easy to fall asleep in. Also, does not seem to build up heat if you do sleep for a few hours or more.

DocMike

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:03 PM   #54

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #4816
I am planning to replace my couch with two recliners + console in a 2015 Vegas 24.1. How difficult was it to remove the couch? Did it come apart easily or do you have to tear it apart? Did it fit through the door? Thanks for any info.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:54 PM   #55

State: North Carolina
THOR #8987
Was taking out the sofa bed an issue and did you reassemble it once it was out.
Thanks
Old 12-17-2018, 12:36 AM   #56

Model: 2015 Hurricane 32n
THOR #2983
Our couch is reassembled and stored in the basement. If and when we trade the coach, the sofa will go back in. I figure we won’t get any extra for the recliners and they will be easier to sell than the sofa if I can’t use them in the new coach.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:56 AM   #57

THOR #8987
Was it much of a job to remove? Thanks
Old 12-19-2018, 02:33 PM   #58

Model: 2015 Hurricane 32n
THOR #2983
Sofa is pretty easy to remove. Find the catches that hold the back on (is snaps into the bottom frame) and release them. Then you can get at the screws hold the base down. The sofa is held down with lag screws, not bolts.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:01 PM   #59

THOR #8987
Thanks
Old 01-23-2019, 05:03 PM   #60

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Maryland
THOR #12424
Can anyone that has installed recliners comment on what size door opening they have? We have an ACE and I measure roughly 24 inches, about 23 1/4 where the door frame bends in to make the seal when the door closes. Have been looking at the Thomas Payne Momentum RV Dual Reclining Sofa w Console on etrailer and they say it requires 26 inches. Kinda find it hard to believe there are different size doors.