Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-22-2021, 02:34 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta 24SR
State: Texas
THOR #23111
replaced cheap living room tv with a Samsung Smart TV

Factory TV's in our Siesta 24SR are not smart TV's, and were only 720P. This week we replaced the living room TV with a Samsung 32" 1080P full HD smart TV. It looks really good, and fit well. I had to also purchase 90 degree RCA elbows, and 90 degree coaxial elbow to mount this TV.

Eventually this TV will be moved to exterior location, because next black Friday we will purchase a 4k 32" Samsung for the living room.

Love having a smart TV, because now I can stream Milla Jovovich anytime I want too, LOL.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210421_162606.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	29900   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210421_163701.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	29901  

Fort Clark Springs, Texas
tripntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:18 AM   #2

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Looking good, thanks for sharing!
Old 04-23-2021, 02:01 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
Great deal, I took down our main TV because I wanted to access the receptacle in wall behind it to power up a new sound bar. When I put it all back together the liquid crystals from factory TV (Insignia still under warranty) was damaged I bought a brand new high end 40" Samsung that does everything wirelessly. I love it.

But I had to cut the custom steel frame so as to make opening where my rear inputs were on the new TV versus the the OEM TV. I want to do the outside TV, but I am not ready for all of that modifications again. I will wait until that TV dies before replacing.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 02:11 AM   #4

Model: Siesta 24SR
THOR #23111
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Great deal, I took down our main TV because I wanted to access the receptacle in wall behind it to power up a new sound bar. When I put it all back together the liquid crystals from factory TV (Insignia still under warranty) was damaged I bought a brand new high end 40" Samsung that does everything wirelessly. I love it.

But I had to cut the custom steel frame so as to make opening where my rear inputs were on the new TV versus the the OEM TV. I want to do the outside TV, but I am not ready for all of that modifications again. I will wait until that TV dies before replacing.
I would love to install a 39, 40, or 43" on the living room wall, but the space between lower and upper cabinets is not tall enough. It would have to be mounted so TV overlapped portions of each cabinet base, but then cabinet doors would just barely clear TV.
Fort Clark Springs, Texas
tripntx is offline   Reply With Quote