Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-18-2021, 03:32 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #16564
Smile Replacement sofa for 2016 Vegas 24.1

I love the 24.1 layout but I did not like the trifold sofa that came with the unit. All the floor space was gone if it was deployed. I spend awhile searching for a 68" jackknife sofa and found one at IKEA for $139 that fit. (link)

I figured at this price I should at least try. I removed the old sofa. Not too hard, only 4 bolts in the floor.
I built a box frame 67" x 29" x 13" out of 2x2 with some metal reinforcements. I put in cross braces where the sofa could attach. I added a sliding drawer and some sliding doors to finish it. The sofa can lay flat with the large table still in the storage position AND I just gained a huge amount of storage under the sofa! The sofa is comfortable sitting and laying down. The wood frame cost more than the sleeper sofa!
BTW I have a used 68" sleeper trifold sofa for sale.

Old 12-22-2023, 11:27 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: British Columbia
THOR #31321
Trifold sofa

Hi Nike

I see this post is quite old but I also noticed that you posted a couple of months ago. So I thought...why not!

I am looking to replace a couple of Theatre seats in my 24.1 with the trifold or something similar. I was interested in your post...very creative.

I know it's a Loooooong shot but I thought I'd check to see if you still had the trifold kicking around!

Did your Ikea approach work well in the long run?

Dave

Tags
24.1, sofa bed, vegas 24.1