Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-28-2017, 02:12 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
SeeLevel Tank Monitoring System

Just installed the SeeLevel Tank Monitor.
Very easy. Filled black tank with a hose and watched it go from zero to 100 in 3 to 4 percent intervals.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	4104  

Old 02-28-2017, 12:40 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Ah that reminds me, I should really get back on that http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...nsor-1177.html
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 02:03 PM   #3

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
I've been thinking of doing the same for my 2017 ACE 30.1. How did you access the grey tank. I can get to the fresh water and black tanks but am not sure about the grey tank.

Did you re-use the existing sensor wiring or pull in new wire? Do you have more pictures?
Old 03-01-2017, 12:38 AM   #4

THOR #3952
I haven't done the freshwater yet and may not. I can just raise up the mattress and see it. I bought the 16" sensor, 6" sensor and it comes standard with 12" which I can use on the freshwater. Standard kit has 3 12's but you can substitute. You can see the side of the grey water tank while looking to the right of the black water tank. I will get some pics in the am.
I just used one wire from the existing black tank, brown I believe. Both tanks tie into one wire. In the wall I used the orange for 12 volts and white for ground. This took me a little time figuring out. I'm used to red and black. I still have use of the existing grey tank sensor for back up. The battery sensor give the reading in volts also.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:33 AM   #5

THOR #3952
Pic of the grey water sensor. Easy reach.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	4109  
Old 03-01-2017, 09:19 PM   #6

THOR #5190
Thanks for the info. I went out to the motorhome today and took a close look at the wet compartment and was able to find my grey tank...right where yours is. I see how all you have to do is intercept either the grey or black sensor wires to tie into the See Level and leave the other in service. It looks like the grey sensors are not accessible, but both wires are quite easy toe get to.

Just ordered a See Level from RVUpgrades with a 16", 12" and 6" sensor and it should show up sometime next week. We are due for a Denver false spring next week (we also usually have a week or so in May that gets called MayCember) and I hope to get the system installed. Won't be be safe to test until the real spring though. I'll probably hook up the fresh water, battery and LPG tank too, but will have to fill the LPG in order to calibrate it.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:53 AM   #7

THOR #5190
I did some more research today and can fill out the wiring color codes. Color codes are at the senor. Thor in their wisdom changes wire colors at the connector to the coach panel so I plan to intercept the wiring on the sensor side of the connector. I have no idea if there is any consistency from model to model*(or even coach to coach)

GW - Black
BW - Brown
FW - Red
LPG - Blue
12V - Orange
Grd - White

When I opened up the under bed access, I also discovered that the fresh water tank is 16" high. My SeeLevel has been shipped and is arriving Monday. First act will be to exchange the 12" sensor for another 16".

I also discovered that Thor did a crap job (probably no job) of calibrating the LPG tank. Tank reads 2/3 at the panel and shows 3/8 at the tank.

Measured tank hights -
FW tank- 16" high
BW tank - 16" high
GW tank - 6" high

Install for all but the fresh water on Tuesday. Wednesday is a ski day if it's not snowing in the high country.

Happy 303 day. I didn't know it was a thing in Colorado until today.