Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-29-2020, 02:14 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #19029
Replacing toilet, kitchen drawer fixes, tv help

Hi guys! I hope everyone is staying safe out there!

Question 1: Has anyone replaced their toilet? Ours kept filling up and overflowing while connected to state park water supply.

Question 2: I have 3 kitchen drawers that won't stay shut when driving down the road. I assume the latches are broken. Can we use the same kind of latches that we used on our home kitchen drawers?

Question 3:I am soooo not technologically savvy! We couldn't watch tv cuz there were no reachable channels. Should we replace the 3 tv's with Roku tv's or just buy the roku sticks for each tv? Or are there any suggestions out there that might allow us to use what we have (factory wiring). I miss tv!

Question 4? We want to relocate the bedroom tv. Suggestions please!

I'm sorry I put so many questions in one post, but I thought it might be easier to track responses. Yes, I am a newbie, and forget my DH..he doesn't even know how to get here!

Thank you so much in advance for any and all input/suggestions!!! 2016 Thor Vegas 24.1

HAPPY MONDAY! Everyone stay safe and have a great week!

Old 06-29-2020, 02:55 PM   #2

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
The toilet is a kit to fix, no new toilet needed. But if have the funds, a macerator toilet is a fine thing.

Buy roku sticks. They do the same as the TV would and are portable to other tv's.
Roku requires an internet connection to work. We download movies and TV shows to our phone free from Amazon and Netflix. Then we hook our phone to a cable to the TV instead of using Bluetooth.
The TV in the 24.1 bedroom is miserable to remove and I suggest not even trying. I truly believe mine was mounted to the bathroom wall and the the outside walls were added afterward. Mine won't come off without a hacksaw being involved.

Roku sticks, toilet kit.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 03:29 PM   #3

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsy57 View Post
Hi guys! I hope everyone is staying safe out there!

Question 1: Has anyone replaced their toilet? Ours kept filling up and overflowing while connected to state park water supply.

Question 2: I have 3 kitchen drawers that won't stay shut when driving down the road. I assume the latches are broken. Can we use the same kind of latches that we used on our home kitchen drawers?

Question 3:I am soooo not technologically savvy! We couldn't watch tv cuz there were no reachable channels. Should we replace the 3 tv's with Roku tv's or just buy the roku sticks for each tv? Or are there any suggestions out there that might allow us to use what we have (factory wiring). I miss tv!

Question 4? We want to relocate the bedroom tv. Suggestions please!

I'm sorry I put so many questions in one post, but I thought it might be easier to track responses. Yes, I am a newbie, and forget my DH..he doesn't even know how to get here! [emoji4]

Thank you so much in advance for any and all input/suggestions!!! 2016 Thor Vegas 24.1

HAPPY MONDAY! Everyone stay safe and have a great week!

The latches are easy to replace and can be ordered from Amazon. These should replace the ones you have:

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?p=221043
Old 06-29-2020, 03:36 PM   #4

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123

This may be of help also:

Drawer latches
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?p=236143
Old 06-29-2020, 03:37 PM   #5

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
The drawers are easy to fix with the latches that Larry pointed to on Amazon. I just replaced one and went with the 10lb pull and not the 8lb pull since that drawer holds the heavy pots and pans. Just slide the drawer out and you will see the drawer latch on the bottom. I keep a few extra on hand since they seem to go out during road trips away from home.

Paul
Old 06-29-2020, 03:41 PM   #6

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
The latches are easy to replace and can be ordered from Amazon. These should replace the ones you have:

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?p=221043
If this is what you have & replace with order several, they will be broke again......& again.
I replaced those with these magnetic type from about any hardware store, they don't break & hold just as well.
Click image for larger version

Name:	everbilt-cabinet-latches-9265596-64_1000.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	24543
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 03:42 PM   #7

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
Don’t know what TVs you have but Thor was using sets that didn’t have a QAM tuner. Many campgrounds are, sending digital signals now and without that tuner you will not be able to scan them.
I replaced my TVs for one twenty to one forty dollars each. Smart ROKU
Old 06-29-2020, 05:47 PM   #8

THOR #19029
Awesome

You guys are TOTALLY AWESOME! Thank you so very much for all of your help. There is so much to learn about these things. Our maiden voyage this last weekend was great with a few exceptions. lol... Like toilet filling up and overflowing repeatedly, no tv, and a few drawers opening every time we hit a bump. Things could always be worse but with all of you here at this forum I believe the RVing life will get only better.

TY TY TY
Old 06-29-2020, 08:26 PM   #9

State: Alabama
THOR #18612
I added Amazon firesticks to all 3 TVs as well. The hardest part was the patience necessary to connect them to the hdmi ports and USB ports on the back side. Once there, the are completely hidden and the remotes are top notch.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:08 PM   #10

THOR #19029
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
The toilet is a kit to fix, no new toilet needed. But if have the funds, a macerator toilet is a fine thing.

Buy roku sticks. They do the same as the TV would and are portable to other tv's.
Roku requires an internet connection to work. We download movies and TV shows to our phone free from Amazon and Netflix. Then we hook our phone to a cable to the TV instead of using Bluetooth.
The TV in the 24.1 bedroom is miserable to remove and I suggest not even trying. I truly believe mine was mounted to the bathroom wall and the the outside walls were added afterward. Mine won't come off without a hacksaw being involved.

Roku sticks, toilet kit.
I wish I had those funds :/ what toilet kit are you referring to and where can I find it. Ty
Old 06-29-2020, 09:40 PM   #11

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsy57 View Post
I wish I had those funds :/ what toilet kit are you referring to and where can I find it. Ty
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...c/DOM93FR.html
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 09:59 PM   #12

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
THOR #3610
The toilet valve may be ok!
When flushing remove your foot from the pedal & let it slam shut, if it's the Thetford brand that's what prevents it from running over.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:15 PM   #13

State: California
THOR #17745
I just bought a set of drawer latches after one got worn out. These maybe what you need.

4 Grabber Catches 10 LB Cabinet Push to Close Latch RV Boat Hardware … https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N77BKGH..._8d4-EbZY6XNP6
Old 07-04-2020, 07:13 PM   #14

Model: Freedom Elite 24HE (24F)
State: Michigan
THOR #17874
You mentioned the overflow happening while connected to park water. Do you have a pressure regulator for your water hookup? The park water pressure might just be too high for the toilet valve.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:20 PM   #15

State: Florida
THOR #15940
Small Roku TVs a so cbeap now it makes sense to replace your TVs , especially if they are older or god forbid, tube TVs.
Old 07-15-2020, 02:03 PM   #16

THOR #19029
Ordered, tyvm!