Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-25-2023, 09:57 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #28801
Upfitter auxillary switches on a 2017 E-450?

Hey everyone. We have a (new-to-us) 2017 Ford E-450 Thor 29FE and I am going through it and making some upgrades. I've done several suspension changes; shocks, sway bars, etc. and now I'm trying to upgrade some equipment in the cab. I have been searching here and on lots of other forums on how to find and install the 4 in-dash auxillary switches, but have had zero luck trying to get some solid information. I had a 2006 F-350 4x4 years ago and did the aux switch install on that, hooked up the high idle, interior cab lights and a fuel transfer pump and it really could not have been easier. Look under the dash, plug in the switches, ground it and start wiring in components. Nothing like that for the E-series; everything that I've found in the SVE library is for F-series trucks. The same on Youtube, everything is for F-series or Transits, no E-series. There are some references on the forums but almost all of them say that they did the install but not "how" they were installed, and certainly not for a 2017. The owners manual says there is a kit and it needs to be installed in the power distribution box but installed by a qualified technician, which makes me read "expensive job at a Ford dealership", no doubt. Does anyone have any experience with a 2017 E-series upfitter aux switch install? I see the empty fuse slots in the PDB, I have the 4 blunt cut wires and the pass through wire bundle on the firewall but there is zilch, nothing inside the cab at the firewall and if anyone has tried to see anything under the dash of a E-series rig, you would understand what a blivet it is up there. TIA for any help, information or direction that anybody can point me in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230225_165606.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	41018  

Tags
2017, aux switches, upfitter