Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2022, 06:48 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.2
State: Oregon
THOR #24177
RV Awning manufacturer for wind sensor

Out here at the coast, the wind blows constantly. Sometimes it gets very breezy and I've learned that rv wind sensor/awning retractors are a thing! However, I don't know the awning manufacturer. Is it Dometic, Carefree, or Solera? I know that the awning is 19', but that's not entirely the point. Thanks in advance, folks.

Old 07-06-2022, 07:26 PM   #2

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket448 View Post
Out here at the coast, the wind blows constantly. Sometimes it gets very breezy and I've learned that rv wind sensor/awning retractors are a thing! However, I don't know the awning manufacturer. Is it Dometic, Carefree, or Solera? I know that the awning is 19', but that's not entirely the point. Thanks in advance, folks.
Get online and sign up and into Thors owners' resources web site

Then you can get your build sheet and have all your Coaches info
Old 07-06-2022, 08:28 PM   #3

Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
Sounds like a fun worthwhile DIY to me

Our manufacture tag is on the fabric roller, visable when the awning is extended all the way.
Old 07-06-2022, 09:40 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
A list of all Thor MC installed accessories is pasted on the inside of your bedroom closet door. It list the manufacturer, vendor and serial number installed. Plant 750 usually uses Carefree of Colorado Latitude patio awning. Usually the patio awnings on the Freedom Traveler and the ACE do not have the auto retract module (Rapid Response). These awnings can be updated with a Rapid Response kit.
To test to see if the module is installed, extend the awning fully; then with a broom or squeegee handle, hit the forward end of the awning's plastic cover twice in rapid succession. The Rapid Response module is a movement sensor, not a wind sensor. If it retracts all is as good as it gets.
I will say depending on the Rapid Response module to save your patio awning is like depending on your anti-lock brakes to prevent a collision.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 01:54 AM   #5

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
I put a nylon loop over the tube and tied mine out all week, because if I don't it will slam against the motorhome with the smallest gust of wind

Tags
awning, awning control, wind sensor