Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2020, 09:41 PM   #41

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solanopete View Post
I installed an electric subpanel by CONNECTICUT ELECTRIC with 50/30/20 amp outlets. You would not use the 50 and 30 at same time. You size the copper wire for 50 amps and based on the length of the run from main panel. I went one size up to safely handle 50 plus possible use of 20 at same time. Probably overkill but I can't hurt anything but your wallet. Be sure to use conduit large enough to accommodate all three conductors (L1. L2, Ground). If the path has many 90's and 45's that will make pulling harder too. You probably want 1.5 or 2.0 inch conduit.

I installed three RV electric panels at home, the one described above is convenient to house for RV guest and we use it to prep our unit a few days before a trip; we always start long trips with one or two nights hooked up at home to make sure all systems are GO. That station has water and sewer connections. The other two panels farther from the house are under covered storage for our RV and travel trailer.
4 conductors. L1. L2, NEUTRAL, and ground It is a sub panel and must have n-g separated.

Old 04-27-2020, 03:00 AM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany
State: Texas
THOR #1808
Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post

I had power to the garage and wired it myself; outlets every 10 feet, 8 ft fluorescents with 3 way switches, 30 amp Svc (now 50), sewer dump, air compressor with multiple connections, etc. No, I didn’t run the generator, as I had power. I did use the LP systems. However, if I had used a gen set, I would have rolled it by the door, made sure the vents with fans were open, and cranked it up. I don’t have a MH, but had a 30 amp TT at the time. I have done a lot of engine work in the garage, and take the same precautions.

we have a vent port in the wall to run the generator is power goes out, which it does often in spring. we can run most of house off the rv genny

i have an extension pipe that runs 6 feet out of the wall and a fresh air vent on opposite side of garage to allow fresh air in . plus a carbon monoxide alarm at both ends of garage.