Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2020, 01:47 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
RV Winegard System

I finally was able to get my Winegard 4GLte system up and running. I have had the system for 1 1/2 years and even after talking to a tech on the phone when I first bought the motor home could not get it to work. After this last trip to Montana, I had the motor home at my house to clean it up and decided to give it one more try. I called and left a message to have a tech from Winegard call me back. A few hours later I got the call. Come to find out that when it was installed at the factory, the antennae was plugged into the wrong port on the bottom of the unit. Once the tech had me switch it and walk me through the steps it is now working. I did buy their data plan since my 5 antennae system does not have the sim card port on the base of the antennae roof unit. It has a very strong signal and can't wait to try it out on our next trip. We were using a Verizon JetPack which also worked most of the time.

Paul
The Equalizer Level System, Good Sam Member, Thousand Trails Member, Sumo Springs

Old 07-23-2020, 02:42 PM   #2

State: Arkansas
THOR #19565
They installed something wrong at the factory???? Never, impossible! Lol

I've been entertaining using an old Android phone with UltraMobile unlimited 4g plan that allows unlimited hotspot for $45/month. Haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. UltraMobile uses T-Mobile which could be sketchy in places but it's and idea that might be worth exploring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
I finally was able to get my Winegard 4GLte system up and running. I have had the system for 1 1/2 years and even after talking to a tech on the phone when I first bought the motor home could not get it to work. After this last trip to Montana, I had the motor home at my house to clean it up and decided to give it one more try. I called and left a message to have a tech from Winegard call me back. A few hours later I got the call. Come to find out that when it was installed at the factory, the antennae was plugged into the wrong port on the bottom of the unit. Once the tech had me switch it and walk me through the steps it is now working. I did buy their data plan since my 5 antennae system does not have the sim card port on the base of the antennae roof unit. It has a very strong signal and can't wait to try it out on our next trip. We were using a Verizon JetPack which also worked most of the time.

Paul
The Equalizer Level System, Good Sam Member, Thousand Trails Member, Sumo Springs