Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-11-2016, 06:25 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post

....cut....

Here is a great read on handling issues, if you are interested.
http://www.rvforum.net/miscfiles/MH_..._%20Primer.pdf
Thanks for posting.

It's common sense that many of these motorhome handling problems begin with bad design choices. Unfortunately, most buyers are never going to fully understand the physics of why these RVs handle so poorly; and not that it matters much anyway because even if they had a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering, they wouldn't have many good choices as options.

Everyone knows a motorhome that is lower to pavement or doesn't have a long rear overhang should handle better; except maybe for manufacturers who don't know or don't care. Giving buyers what they want even though it requires bad design choices seems irresponsible to me.

Old 09-17-2016, 04:03 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
Just finished installing my new Saf-T-Plus , it was a simple task and well worth the effort. The results are nothing short of amazing and the Vegas is much more of a pleasure to drive.
I purchased a pair of Rhino 11912ABMI 16,000 capacity ramps to use for the Saf-T-Plus install and for general servicing they made the job very easy.

Overall this is a great modification.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:07 AM   #23

Model: ACE 29.2
State: Colorado
THOR #5969
After driving a tractor trailer for 30 years I bought a ACE 29.9 new. The first thing I did was put a Safe T Plus on and just put the rear anti sway device on. What a total and complete reversal in sway and rock. The ramifications of a front tire failure are horrendous. Do yourself a favor. Take two grand and have the suspension beefed up. You will not regret it. And, driver fatigue is reduced greatly. My wife has always enjoyed driving the coach and we split driving to keep fatigue to a minimum. We can now get a extra couple hundred miles in if we need to and it doesn't wear us out.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:49 AM   #24

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Saf-T-Plus

Had one installed on our '16 Axis 24.1. It made all the difference in the world of dealing with the big rigs, either us passing them or them passing us. I think it was worth the money and I really like the return-to-center driving ease.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:57 PM   #25

Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCharles4811 View Post
After driving a tractor trailer for 30 years I bought a ACE 29.9 new. The first thing I did was put a Safe T Plus on and just put the rear anti sway device on. What a total and complete reversal in sway and rock. The ramifications of a front tire failure are horrendous. Do yourself a favor. Take two grand and have the suspension beefed up. You will not regret it. And, driver fatigue is reduced greatly. My wife has always enjoyed driving the coach and we split driving to keep fatigue to a minimum. We can now get a extra couple hundred miles in if we need to and it doesn't wear us out.
Thank you PCharles4811 for the input. It is refreshing and extremely helpful to hear from a true professional with 30 years experience on the effects of the Safe-T-Plus and/or other suspension modifications, rather than hearing from "well read" experts who don't even own a motorhome. Welcome, and I for one look forward to any additional contributions you may have based on your years of road experience.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote