Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-06-2017, 11:24 PM   #1

State: Arizona
THOR #7580
Safe T Stabilizer install

Had a Safe T steering stabilizer installed on our Challenger today. Went fairly well in spite of a lack of support from the manufacturer. The mechanic called with questions and was told that none were available, but she would have someone call us. Didn't happen. Possibly due to holiday week.

The mechanic finally figured it out and completed the installation. We are still adjusting the tracking, but I can already feel a difference. One other note, the written information and the company video are not in sync. Thus, the questions. Will get an answer to that issue tomorrow.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:56 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanford View Post
Had a Safe T steering stabilizer installed on our Challenger today. Went fairly well in spite of a lack of support from the manufacturer. The mechanic called with questions and was told that none were available, but she would have someone call us. Didn't happen. Possibly due to holiday week.

The mechanic finally figured it out and completed the installation. We are still adjusting the tracking, but I can already feel a difference. One other note, the written information and the company video are not in sync. Thus, the questions. Will get an answer to that issue tomorrow.
Interesting. I did a self install of the Safe T Plus on my Challenger and found the written instructions to be right on the money with the exception of not providing the torque spec for the spring u bolt nuts. That spec I was able to obtain from my Ford dealer's service department. I also found the Safe T Plus video online to be helpful even though they did have all of the nuts pre-loosened which gave the impression that task was easier than it was.

With that said I can see where the instructions could be confusing if someone ordered the wrong mounting kit.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:07 AM   #3

THOR #7580
Our issue was whether to install the stabilizer on top or on the bottom of the tie rod bracket. They checked the instructions and it appeared to be on top. I reviewed the video, and it shows the installation on the underside of the bracket.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:44 AM   #4

THOR #7580
Talked with Safe T Plus folks today. The stabilizer is to be mounted on the topside of the tie rod bracket, which is what we did.