Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2019, 10:08 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
THOR #13360
scissor lift for drink holder

Help I'm tired of having to bend over to reach the drinks in the floor mounted tray. I was thinking a scissor lift might work. If it went up a foot or so then collapse back the floor it would be great.
Any idea where to find something like that?

Old 02-23-2019, 11:15 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Why not mount a hanging basket to the ceiling, and put your drinks in sealed containers?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 12:13 AM   #3

THOR #13360
Hanging basket

That would work, just really hard on those mountain turns to grab a drink or cookie.
I need to be able to grab the nail clippers, lip balm, gum, tic tac phone, sun glasses etc at a monument notice
Old 02-24-2019, 12:26 AM   #4

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHook View Post
Help I'm tired of having to bend over to reach the drinks in the floor mounted tray. I was thinking a scissor lift might work. If it went up a foot or so then collapse back the floor it would be great.
Any idea where to find something like that?
I can't reach my holders on the floor of my ace when I'm driving, either. I have a drink holder under my driver's side, window next to my leveler, but its a ifferent size from all the others in the rig (go figure). It doesnt fit the half dozen or so cup sizes I tried purchasing for it. So I bought a holder that's meant to be on a flat surface, that's hard to tip over & with springs that hold any size cup securely. I got some heavy duty velcro (20 lb, didnt want it to move on its own with a hard stop!), I put a circle of four velcto rough sides on the edge of my cup holder on the rig & the soft sides on the underneath of the new cup holder. It works fantastic, & bc its velcro, I now am able to move the holder wherever I go throughout the rig, even just sitting on my bed sheet, it doesnt tip over! I found it at a Flyin J. Its called an "Octopus". I can't figure out why the pics below keep turning sideways, sorry. I like that this holder puts the cup up even higher than if it had fit in the original drivers side holder (only a flimsy Mikey D's cup has ever fit, & then tryin to grab it he top would pop off making a mess!). I don't know if this Octopus will work for you, but I hope you find a solution you like!Click image for larger version

Name:	1550967445453.jpeg
Views:	212
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	15819Click image for larger version

Name:	1550967467897.jpeg
Views:	210
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	15820Click image for larger version

Name:	1550967576041.jpeg
Views:	200
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	15821Click image for larger version

Name:	1550967616143.jpeg
Views:	207
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	15822
Old 03-02-2019, 10:04 PM   #5

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Oregon
THOR #6934
The problem with a scissor lift would be because it is an extended arm, Hitting a pothole would launch your drink.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:45 PM   #6

THOR #13360
What I was thinking of is an x bracket between two L brackets mounted to the floor and the cup holder. The x bracket would have a notch to hold it in the up position ( or a knee brace).
I just haven't had time to look a hobby stores for what I was. Too busy gearing up for the next trip.
Old 06-23-2019, 12:08 AM   #7

Model: ACE 27.2
State: California
THOR #15058
drink cup holder

Along these lines, the cup holders in my Thor ACE 27.2 are waaaay too big (wide). The normal drinks fall over. I looked for some easy reducers, didn't see what I liked. Any ideas? Anybody have this same problem? Thx.
Old 06-23-2019, 12:13 AM   #8

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
My solution for a MUCH lower work stool will work as your drink holder

https://www.amazon.com/ZENY-Motorcyc...gateway&sr=8-6

I think the drive is a 5/8 or metric equivalent. A power window motor would make it work at the push of a button.(I use a ratchet wrench purchased especially for this stool).

As a stool it fills the gap from flat ass on the floor up to the red round harbor freight stool....