Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2021, 11:46 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: California
THOR #5809
TV out - how about this HDMI cable?

I see. I couldn't get my hand back there because there is no "back there." TV now removed.

There's an HDMI cable terminating in the outside TV compartment, Anybody know where the other end is???

Old 04-03-2021, 12:02 AM   #22

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
I will never not buy samsung..our vizio failed and 3 bought 3 samsung 55/65/75 sound and picture smart is amazing!
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:13 AM   #23

Model: Axis 24.2
THOR #18202
Quote:
Originally Posted by K6NCX View Post
There's an HDMI cable terminating in the outside TV compartment, Anybody know where the other end is???
Here again there is a number of possibilities. On our rig, I believe it terminated in the storage compartment below the TV. There are AV connections on the side wall inside the compartment that allow the storage compartment to double as a cabinet for AV devices.
Old 05-27-2021, 12:39 AM   #24

THOR #23595
Seiki 32” LED TV SE32HYM

I bought my Thor Gemini in 2017. Since then the Seiki in the bedroom is nothing but snow. In addition I have been in RV parks where my Seiki cannot locate HD cable stations…..e.g. Highlands RV park in Bishop and Black Oak RV near Sonora. Any advice from anyone is welcomed.
Old 05-27-2021, 01:40 AM   #25

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome. to the forum! Your Seiki TV question has been thoroughly discussed here, that you can find in a search. The quick answer is those Seiki (sucky) TVs don't have a QAM tuner, required for many of the newer cable systems. Replacement with a smart TV is so cheap and easy to do.

For us, I replaced just one TV, and since have only stayed at one RV park that the other didn't work, out of dozens of parks. No regrets, and if the remaining Seki fails I'll junk it in a heartbeat.
Old 05-27-2021, 03:18 AM   #26

THOR #20220
Samsung smart TV from Costco
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 05-27-2021, 12:46 PM   #27

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by alty53@me.com View Post
I bought my Thor Gemini in 2017. Since then the Seiki in the bedroom is nothing but snow. In addition I have been in RV parks where my Seiki cannot locate HD cable stations…..e.g. Highlands RV park in Bishop and Black Oak RV near Sonora. Any advice from anyone is welcomed.
Don’t know how much time you have spent trying to repair your problem.

Sounds like the Seiki TV may actually be functioning OK but your coax cable connections needs attention.

Try connecting a separate line directly from the cable source to the Seiki
Or
Remove TV from coach and try connecting to your home cable connection

Do this first before you go out and purchase a new TV as your interior cable may need a fix
Old 05-27-2021, 02:25 PM   #28

THOR #20220
taylorbob1 - great point my HDMI 3 was bad and almost replaced the tv.. HDMI was good

Tags
failure, mount, seiki, tv set