Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2021, 08:01 PM   #1
KKV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #20141
Shelving for storage bin?

2017 ACE 30.2. I’d like to put a couple wire shelves in the top third of this garage area. Doesn’t feel like there’s much on the walls left and right to anchor into. The thought of putting screws in there makes me nervous but not sure how else to affix them. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3023.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	28453Has anybody modified their storage area with shelving of any kind? Any ideas? What’s behind that veneer?

Old 02-09-2021, 06:18 PM   #2

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
We have the same year and model. Those walls are very thin. You couldn’t mount shelves, they would tear thru the thin wood. We don’t seem to have an issue with storage in that particular compartment. We can put a lot in there and it’s arranged very neatly. Everything from 0-gravity chairs to folding tables and storage containers, large Outdoor RV mat, small floor mats, boot trays,games, fishing poles and tackle box’s all fits perfectly.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:26 PM   #3
KKV

THOR #20141
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKV View Post
2017 ACE 30.2. I’d like to put a couple wire shelves in the top third of this garage area. Doesn’t feel like there’s much on the walls left and right to anchor into. The thought of putting screws in there makes me nervous but not sure how else to affix them. Attachment 28453Has anybody modified their storage area with shelving of any kind? Any ideas? What’s behind that veneer?

Hi All. I did get around to installing some shelving in the garage. It worked out very well. Pictures attached. I used 1/8” x 2” toggle bolts and there was zero conflict behind the walls. Plenty sturdy. Easy and cheap storage upgrade.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3156.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	28694
Old 02-23-2021, 09:29 PM   #4
KKV

THOR #20141
[QUOTE=KKV;278652]Hi All. I did get around to installing some shelving in the garage. It worked out very well. Pictures attached. I used 1/8” x 2” toggle bolts and there was zero conflict behind the walls. Plenty sturdy. Easy and cheap storage upgrade.[ATTACH]28694[/
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3153.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	28696Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3155.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	28697Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3154.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	179.6 KB