Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2019, 01:35 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #16950
We our Upgraded ACE suspension HUGE improvement

We our Upgraded ACE suspension HUGE improvement with a full Roadmaster front & rear sway bars as well as the front steering stabilizer kit.

First impression was VERY favorable! Noticed being all weighted down for a weekend back to back weekends to same location one without stabilizer one with... and so much easy to track the tight winding roads as well as a improvement on the high speeds with winds and passing semis. Also tightend up the steering a bit, which I kind of like. Noticed a improvement getting in and out of parking lots, on to roads etc. It seem to fix the wallowing effect of side to side sway.

Very happy since the better half will be doing some driving on this thing and her initial trip she was NOT happy lol. This should be able to help assit driving duties on a long haul.

Ill try to get pics uploaded.

New to the Motorhome thing so looking forward to learning and helping out.

Old 10-13-2019, 01:13 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Thats great

This one the first mods I did to my Axis when it was one month old. 499 mods later and im still not done.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 06:07 PM   #3

THOR #16950
Lol i might have the same issue lol
Old 10-18-2019, 01:53 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Tennessee
THOR #17066
I added the same things to my Ace yesterday and saw a big difference driving it home. We are heading out next weekend so I really get to see how it all works out.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:57 PM   #5

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
I did not replace my sway bars but set them to the stiff setting, but I did add the steering stabilizer and added sumo springs to front and back, that stiffened up everything enough that I moved the rear sway bar back to the soft setting. I also added a trackbar right after i got the coach in 2015, that in itself was one of the best things I did. Now 4 years later I am happy with all the mods, the coach is a dream to drive if not fighting winds but even in winds it is SOOOO much better than before the mods.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:55 PM   #6

THOR #16950
UPDATE just pulled a trip to Tampa FL From PA Round trip was 2500 miles...

The suspension upgrades held up great!!!

Glad we did the sways and steering stabilizer!
Old 10-26-2019, 03:33 AM   #7

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilet69 View Post
UPDATE just pulled a trip to Tampa FL From PA Round trip was 2500 miles...

The suspension upgrades held up great!!!

Glad we did the sways and steering stabilizer!
Nice when you see results!
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 01:52 PM   #8

THOR #16950
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor293 View Post
Nice when you see results!
Absolutely! Lol
Old 10-30-2019, 06:37 PM   #9

Model: ace 29.3
State: Wisconsin
THOR #5403
I just don't understand why they don't do it at the factory. I would think there would be some liability on there part for putting a bad driving motorhome on the road.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:05 PM   #10
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
We our Upgraded ACE suspension HUGE improvement with a full Roadmaster front & rear sway bars as well as the front steering stabilizer kit.

First impression was VERY favorable! Noticed being all weighted down for a weekend back to back weekends to same location one without stabilizer one with... and so much easy to track the tight winding roads as well as a improvement on the high speeds with winds and passing semis. Also tightend up the steering a bit, which I kind of like. Noticed a improvement getting in and out of parking lots, on to roads etc. It seem to fix the wallowing effect of side to side sway.

Very happy since the better half will be doing some driving on this thing and her initial trip she was NOT happy lol. This should be able to help assit driving duties on a long haul.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1572462286
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Outstanding.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	21168  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:17 PM   #11

Model: A.C.E 27.2
State: Michigan
THOR #17210
Did you install these yourself?

If not, would you mind if I ask how much to have installed, and how long they had the motorhome to do this upgrade?
Old 10-30-2019, 08:00 PM   #12

State: Ontario
THOR #17159
Quote:

I recently purchased a 2020 Axis 24.1 very disappointed with the handling on our first trip it was windy constantly steering it Please tell me more about the upgrade how much does it cost where can it be done? what gets done ?
Old 10-30-2019, 08:07 PM   #13

THOR #16950
I had someone do it... around 6 hours for front & rear Sways and Front steering stabilizer... I did not do it because I have a broken arm currently... didn't think that was a good idea to attempt. These things are heavy! Id say around 450.00 for install... had some other things tiddyed up underneather, undercoating, repair muffler, spray coat somethings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Did you install these yourself?

If not, would you mind if I ask how much to have installed, and how long they had the motorhome to do this upgrade?
Old 10-30-2019, 08:08 PM   #14

Model: ACE 29.2
State: Florida
THOR #14140
suspension upgrades

Added to our 15 Thor Ace 29.2 Huge difference. Suggest everyone do it to their rigs.

Selling Rig only because we need bigger rig.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:12 PM   #15

THOR #16950
Peter, I bought it directly from Roadmaster… I tried to have done locally by 2 RV dealerships and they were ZERO help. So I had a local mechanic repair guy do it... His first attempt at this... pretty cut and dry I think. I purchased directly from them! https://www.roadmasterinc.com/products/rss/rv_sway.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter>Groh View Post
I recently purchased a 2020 Axis 24.1 very disappointed with the handling on our first trip it was windy constantly steering it Please tell me more about the upgrade how much does it cost where can it be done? what gets done ?
Old 10-30-2019, 09:23 PM   #16

State: Alabama
THOR #10208
Free rear sway bar for F53 chassis

I know it may sound too good to be true however, I have a spare rear sway bar that has never been used if anyone would like to have it. Before you reply, here is the reason for the spare. I ordered the rear sway bar for my 2015 ACE. I have a 30 foot 2016 built on the 2015 chassis. The lower rear shock mount is at an angle to the road. The spare I have is for a rear shock mount parallel to the road. I tried to install the rear sway bar and it did not fit. The bar, mounts and hardware are new. The grease will have to be purchased, a few ounces. I also slightly increase one of the holes on the brackets that line up to the lower shock mount. If anyone would like to have this, let me know. You can come by and pick up or make arrangements for shipping. If you would like some pictures before deciding, let me know. My email address is kblanchard@email.phoenix.edu. I live near Talladega AL.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:57 PM   #17
Kgg

State: Wisconsin
THOR #8158
Sway bar

I did this to my 2016 ace 30.2 also added the sumo shocks also I gor my from road master I did it myself they have great video on there web site to help all mine where a
On a sale everything for about 4700 hundred
Old 10-30-2019, 10:20 PM   #18

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
I would suggest before turning the rig over to any RV dealership for unwarrenteed suspension items seek out a bid from a heavy truck suspension shop. Those guys know what they are doing and they will get it back to you before you finish lunch.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:01 AM   #19

THOR #15945
Hi,
We have a 2015, Thor Ace 30.1. I wonder if your rear sway bar would fit?

Thanks
Mark
Old 10-31-2019, 01:54 AM   #20

THOR #16950
Id ask roadmaster direct what fits and does not