Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2018, 08:42 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Freedom Elite 28H
State: Florida
THOR #1929
Looking for Upgrades for Freedom Elite 28H

The wife and I decided to keep our 2016 Freedom Elite 28H. We would love to see what other people have done to upgrade their unit. It is just me and the wife with 3 small dogs. If you have pictures please send them. I have heard of people removing the dinet set and extending counter space and adding a breakfast bar. Would love to see that.

Looking for some new ideas.

Thanks

Old 08-18-2018, 02:00 PM   #2

THOR #6491
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscheibel@cfl.rr.com View Post
The wife and I decided to keep our 2016 Freedom Elite 28H. We would love to see what other people have done to upgrade their unit. It is just me and the wife with 3 small dogs. If you have pictures please send them. I have heard of people removing the dinet set and extending counter space and adding a breakfast bar. Would love to see that.

Looking for some new ideas.

Thanks

We decided to keep our 2017 Freedom 26he. Added bilstine comfort shocks,front end alignment and had safety T. Put sheer black curtains up on back windows sleeping area. Keeps it cool and dark.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:31 AM   #3

Model: 2016 Freedom Elite 28H
THOR #1929
Did the shocks help the handling of the rig.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:09 PM   #4

THOR #6491
Yes the handling is great now hubby is very happy. No side to side and hitting bumps dishes stay in closets.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:50 AM   #5

Model: Freedom elite
THOR #12255
Hubby: She is correct as always! Drives like a truck should! Don’t need springs just like the guy from Tampa springs said! Put a cricket cart on a rack on the back and it rides great. Most tractor trailers don’t even notice going by. We highly recommend these changes. Good luck! [emoji41]
Old 12-15-2018, 03:28 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 29m
THOR #13665
Which one did more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac man View Post
Hubby: She is correct as always! Drives like a truck should! Don’t need springs just like the guy from Tampa springs said! Put a cricket cart on a rack on the back and it rides great. Most tractor trailers don’t even notice going by. We highly recommend these changes. Good luck! [emoji41]
Between the Bilstine shocks and the Safety T steering stabilizer which one made the biggest difference? (I can only afford one of them for my 26HE)
Old 12-16-2018, 06:35 PM   #7

Model: Freedom Elite 28H
State: Kansas
THOR #11164
We bought a 2015 Freedom Elite 28H last winter from the original owner. My wife painted the interior and made new curtains. She had the reupholstery done and it looks great! I have tightened up a few things, UV protected the roof, memory foam toppers for the mattresses, added a spare tire and K&N engine air filter. Changed exterior locks to a magnetic keys. Overall has been a wonderful experience that we have had many great memories with travels.

Sincerely,

Ole
Old 03-14-2019, 07:40 PM   #8

Model: Freedom elite
THOR #12255
Have freedom elite 26HE and you definitely need both
steering is a must with safety T. But you really need shocks if walking while driving and stuff bouncing around. Shocks made a miracle in handling as to a car like instead of truck like driving!
Old 03-14-2019, 11:47 PM   #9

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Since he said he only can afford one upgrade my vote would be for a Roadmaster steering stabilizer. Shock absorbers might be comfortable but I think a steering stabilizer can be a significant safety factor in the event of a front tire failure or when a wheel drops off the edge of the pavement. I had a FE 26HE and had it aligned and put on a safe t plus and was very happy driving it even in New Mexico winds. I recommend the Roadmaster because it’s usually cheaper and seems to work just as well. I’ve had them on two class As now and they are very nicely made.