Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2019, 07:01 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #7155
Xantrex 1000 Pro

I own a 2017 Freedom Elite FE29. I went to the dealer to inquire about adding an inverter to the coach. When we bought it new the sales guy said we would have to purchase an aftermarket one. Guess what? It already has one and you can verify by looking a the control panel as you walk in the camper. I went back to the Camping world to ask what outlets it provided ac to, he didn't know it had one. I opened an inquiry with Thor. They sent me the schematic which I have attached. You would think the sales guys would be subject matter experts on their products.Click image for larger version

Name:	elec layout.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	18968
Mine has a Xantrex XM 1000

I did add a second AC to the rear that runs on a separate 110 Circuit that is connected from the outside. It looks like a factory install!
Thank You Thor!

Happy Trails to you!

Jim

Old 07-16-2019, 07:52 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
While Thor has nothing to do with whether a dealer's salesperson 'knows' as much about the RV as you think they should, Thor does a good job in providing aftermarket information, just like they sent you, which is even 'better' than what most salespeople can provide - they are only in the market to sell you an RV, not be a professional about all of the technical details you might want to know, or want to know later.

Actually, there are SO MANY different makes, models, floor plans, and even differences between 'exact' coach models due to 'options' and mid-year manufacturer changes, etc. I'm amazed they even knew the 'name' of the model of coach they sold you : )

enjoy ... you're finding that YOU may be the best 'professional' of all!
We've all been there, done that....
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote